Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

GT4 in Racing-Yellow ordered 12/29/2020 by Terry aka tigerhonaker

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2022, 01:25 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Received 1,503 Likes on 834 Posts
Originally Posted by SpyderSenseOC
I've also considered that type of system for my house but unfortunately the layout of my pipes just doesn't lend itself to easy installation and accessibility. I might just try one of those portable DI kits and see what happens.
The water in my area is soooo hard and it's a real PIA.
I was lucky that the garage has a huge closet area and in that closet is the Home Purifier as well as the "instant Hot-Water system" to the right of open closet door.
Of course along with all sorts of other things.

Originally Posted by Jeffrey Behr
TYVM, Terry.. Nice to see the premium Hunter equipment including the Road-force balancer; my wheel dealer, too, has that, and I've seen them remount, 180 degrees around from the original orientation on the wheel, more than one of my tires.. I've just chosen the The Michelin Pilot Sport All season 4 tires for my prospective Cayman GTS, due any...year*.. I decided that I don't need summer-high-performance tires that will facilitate 98% of my car's handling potential while sacrificing some wet-weather performance and most cold-weather performance.. I've chosen the wheels, Savini BM12s...

...but not tire sizes yet, as I want them somewhat wider than originals.

GREAT thread; TYVM.

* Production month is scheduled to be October, 2022.
Jeffrey,

Yes, PON (Porsche of Nashville) is part of the Sonic Automotive Group which is huge.
They have the right equipment to do the job the way it should be done.
As you have maybe seen me mention I Really-really lucked-out IMHO as Nick the (Shop Foreman) that's been with PON for over 20-years.
He has done everything that's been done to my GT4.
And believe me is ****-Retentive like myself and does things as if it was his Porsche which I love.
I am willing to also foot the bill/cost for Nick to take all the time he feels necessary to do things the right way the 1st time around.
I've just chosen the The Michelin Pilot Sport All season 4 tires for my prospective Cayman GTS, due any...year*..
IMHO you will not be disappointed in your choice to switch to the Michelin AS/4 (Ultra High-Performance) tires.
As you might have read above in my comments on the AS/4 tires and my buddies in Texas driving my GT4.
Trust me they drove it as they chose and both brothers said they loved the, Handling-Brakes and the Awesome-intake-sounds.
They both own Audi Sports Sedans.
One the RS-5 and the other the RS-7.
Both brothers said the GT4 is Super Bad-@ss in regards to it's Take-Off and Acceleration compared to both their Audi's.
Those guys are now 80-years old and had Many-many cars over the years.
After the 2,000 miles round trip to Texas I can state the AS/4 tires are the $hit buddy and I know now for a fact I made the right decision switching from the PS4S to the AS/4.
Speaking of the prior Michelin PS4S tires Nick also did that work and Road-Forced those just like the now AS/4 tires.

I hope I get to see your Thread on your Porsche Cayman GTS when you post pictures of it and you taking delivery.
Be interesting to see what size tires you choose.

Terry
The following users liked this post:
SpyderSenseOC (05-22-2022)
Old 05-29-2022, 12:44 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Post Drove over to meet a Rennlist member here in Franklin, TN. USA ...

Greetings,

I got hold of a local Rennlist member and drove over to see and visit with him the other day.
Jim Dillard and as it turned out also got to meet his Little-Lady Kathy.
I also got to see the elaborate development he lives in with the million plus dollar homes as we drove around.
Huge development and it's still growing.
While their Jim showed me his new Michelin AS/4 tires from The Tire Rack that had just arrived.
He went ahead and placed his order so he wouldn't possibly run into what I did when I was ordering my AS/4 tires.
Had a great longggggg visit and looking forward to one day seeing and possibly taking a ride in Jim's 2022 Porsche Spyder.
My thinking is I think his Spyder is suppose to arrive end of July 2022.
But of course we all know how times can and do change so we shall see.

Once Jim's Spyder arrives I'm going to see if he will be interested in attending the local Cars & Coffee at Cool Springs ???

http://nashvillecarsncoffee.com/#undefined

Below is a Very-very close resemblance to the Porsche Spyder Jim has Custom-Ordered.

And below are the Newly arrived Michelin AS/4 tires for his 2022 Custom ordered Porsche Spyder.

Below is Jim's wife Kathy and me.

Below is Jim & Kathy with of course my Porsche GT4 in Racing Yellow.

Thanks Jim for the invite,
Terry
The following 3 users liked this post by tigerhonaker:
Elegant (05-30-2022), jimdillard (05-29-2022), masti99 (06-01-2022)
Old 05-29-2022, 01:11 PM
jimdillard
Rennlist Member

Received 280 Likes on 164 Posts

Well...I guess we're famous! LOL. Just to clarify for everybody...the photo you posted above shows a Gentian Blue Spyder with the optional PCCB's. Porsche is currently not equipping the 718 Spyder with the PCCB's, even though they're listed as an option. So as you're aware, I chose to go with the standard EXCELLENT HUGE steel brakes instead. Otherwise the build looks the same.

FWIW...I notice on the 718 Forum this morning that several people with build dates in MAY/JUNE similar to mine have had their MY 2022 commission CANCELLED, and have been re-issued a MY 2023 commission with build dates after the standard European month-of-August-holiday routine. They're still paying MY 2022 prices as long as they don't change their build. That said, their MY 2023 commissions are "un-frozen" so they can make changes as they desire until their MY 2023 freeze date, but again they'll pay the MY 2023 price increase if they do.

My Spyder was supposed to enter production in Zuffenhausen last Friday, 27 June. I'll check with my CBA later this week to see if the PVMS is showing any changes. I'm good either way...MY 2022 or MY 2023. What's a few more months of waiting? And that new Arctic Grey exterior color is VERY enticing...just sayin'!

Last edited by jimdillard; 05-29-2022 at 01:16 PM.
tigerhonaker (05-31-2022)
Old 05-31-2022, 11:11 AM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jimdillard
Well...I guess we're famous! LOL. Just to clarify for everybody...the photo you posted above shows a Gentian Blue Spyder with the optional PCCB's. Porsche is currently not equipping the 718 Spyder with the PCCB's, even though they're listed as an option. So as you're aware, I chose to go with the standard EXCELLENT HUGE steel brakes instead. Otherwise the build looks the same.

FWIW...I notice on the 718 Forum this morning that several people with build dates in MAY/JUNE similar to mine have had their MY 2022 commission CANCELLED, and have been re-issued a MY 2023 commission with build dates after the standard European month-of-August-holiday routine. They're still paying MY 2022 prices as long as they don't change their build. That said, their MY 2023 commissions are "un-frozen" so they can make changes as they desire until their MY 2023 freeze date, but again they'll pay the MY 2023 price increase if they do.

My Spyder was supposed to enter production in Zuffenhausen last Friday, 27 June. I'll check with my CBA later this week to see if the PVMS is showing any changes. I'm good either way...MY 2022 or MY 2023. What's a few more months of waiting? And that new Arctic Grey exterior color is VERY enticing...just sayin'!
Jim,

I do recall that the picture I posted shows what you originally had on order with the PCCB optional package.
That's currently not being available.

Well buddy maybe Mark can look and see if your 2022 Spyder is still on the build schedule ???
If not you'll simply end up with the 2023 Porsche Spyder.

I'm thinking if it did end up being a 2023 Spyder ???
I can see you checking once again with your SA Mark to see if the PCCB brake option is once again being offered on the 2023 Porsche Spyder.

Stay safe,
Terry
Old 05-31-2022, 12:25 PM
jimdillard
Rennlist Member

Yes sir, exactly my plan!
Old 06-01-2022, 10:38 AM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Yes sir, exactly my plan!
Jim,

Wouldn't it be a real trip if you ended up with a 2023 and Porsche got their act together on the PCCB option.

Terry
jimdillard (06-01-2022)
Old 06-01-2022, 10:50 AM
jimdillard
Rennlist Member

Well...I do note that despite my latest, updated "expected production date" in the PVMS and TYD, nothing has happened. It's still just an expected production start date of last Friday, 27 MAY, ...with no progress shown. SO...who knows what I'll get??? I'm happy with either...a 2022 or 2023...and a MY 2023 could afford me the opportunity for the PCCB's. Time will tell!
tigerhonaker (06-02-2022)
Old 06-01-2022, 11:03 AM
jamesrg
Rennlist Member

Received 194 Likes on 93 Posts

Well...I do note that despite my latest, updated "expected production date" in the PVMS and TYD, nothing has happened. It's still just an expected production start date of last Friday, 27 MAY, ...with no progress shown. SO...who knows what I'll get??? I'm happy with either...a 2022 or 2023...and a MY 2023 could afford me the opportunity for the PCCB's. Time will tell!
Did they tell you no PCCB's when you placed your order? Hopefully you can get a MY2023 and PCCB's, that is what I am hoping will happen with my order.

Last edited by jamesrg; 06-01-2022 at 11:06 AM.
jimdillard (06-01-2022)
Old 06-01-2022, 12:16 PM
jimdillard
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jamesrg
Did they tell you no PCCB's when you placed your order? Hopefully you can get a MY2023 and PCCB's, that is what I am hoping will happen with my order.
There was a STOP ORDER on PCCB's when I placed my MY 2022 Spyder order on 11 MARCH 2022. I'm well beyond my freeze date now so I have no idea if they've since removed the STOP ORDER and are once again allowing PCCB's on MY 2023 Spyder allocations. Your CBA can confirm that quite easily with Porsche NA. And FWIW...Porsche never removed the PCCB option from the USA MY 2022 Spyder Configurator during the entire time the PCCB STOP ORDER was in effect. PCCB's remain an option on the USA MY 2023 Spyder Configurator.

Perhaps somebody here can speak to PCCB's...are they still a NOT ALLOWED option on USA Spyders despite remaining in the MY 2023 Configurator????

Last edited by jimdillard; 06-01-2022 at 12:21 PM.
Old 06-01-2022, 12:43 PM
jamesrg
Rennlist Member

Received 194 Likes on 93 Posts

Thanks for the information, very helpful!
jimdillard (06-01-2022)
Old 06-01-2022, 02:47 PM
jimdillard
Rennlist Member

Glad to help. And to further clarify...in order to remove the STOP ORDER on my MY 2022 Spyder I had to remove the PCCB option we'd previously submitted on the PVMS, and revert back to the still quite EXCELLENT and HUGE steel brakes that come as standard equipment on the Spyder and GT4. It was smooth sailing from there. The PVMS immediately accepted my order with the standard steel brakes and I had no further issues with ANY of the many other options I'd selected.

If you're interested you can see Porsche Code PPMH4MZ8, which is my 2022 Spyder build on the 2023 Spyder Configurator. Please be aware that due to an idiosyncrasy of the Configurator, NONE of the Chalk extended deviated stitching I've optioned appears on the Configurator graphics. You'll have to read the specific options on the Configurator retail build sheet in order to see what's actually on the car. The exact same MY 2022 Spyder build increased in price by 5.2% on a MY 2023.

Last edited by jimdillard; 06-02-2022 at 12:48 PM.
tigerhonaker (06-02-2022)
Old 06-09-2022, 11:14 AM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Post My GT4 will be at PON this Saturday for a "tech session" ...

Greetings all,

I've been invited to PON to attend "tech session" this coming Saturday from Nick (Workshop Foreman).
As many of you might recall from my prior posts Nick has done all the work on my 2021 Cayman 718 GT4.
Most recently installing the Michelin AS/4 tires and doing a Full Alignment.
I then took a quick and I do mean quick trip to Texas and back home covering 2,141 miles total round-trip.
Loving the new tires guys ............

Anyway, as Nick has definitely always taken care of me and the GT4 the least I can do is provide the GT4 for the "tech session".

Terry!

We are hosting a “tech session” for the Porsche club of America guys this Saturday. We wanted to throw together a show and tell of GT cars, it would be cars on lifts, looking under them.
I’ve got a 991 GT2 lined up, I’m working on a GT3 and I was wondering if you would be able to let us borrow your GT4.
I need to verify the time, I think it’s like 10:30 to 12 or something.
Coffee and Doughnuts type affair.
If you want to attend, great!
If you’re unable to, but we could still use the car, I can arrange you rides home and back again.
I realize it’s kind of last minute, so no worries if it’s a no-go.

Nick Gwozdz
Workshop Foreman, Gold level Technician, Technical Training Coordinator.
Porsche of Nashville
1580 Malloy Lane
Brentwood, TN 37027

Thankfully, I just did the Full-Blown-Detail so it's still looking Great
Terry
The following 2 users liked this post by tigerhonaker:
Dan Nagy (06-12-2022), needmoregarage (06-19-2022)
Old 06-10-2022, 12:00 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Thumbs up GT4 is all ready for Saturday's "Tech-Session" at PON .........

Guys,

Decided I should at least do a semi quick Spruce-Up of the GT4.
So I used Adams "Quick-Detailer" and went over the complete body.
Also got out my trusty Sears ancient cart with rollers and did the complete wheels inside & out.
Of course a fresh coat of Tire-Dressing.

Even if I am patting myself on the back it does look pretty darn sharp !!!

Later,
Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 06-10-2022 at 12:03 PM.
The following 6 users liked this post by tigerhonaker:
Dan Nagy (06-12-2022), jimdillard (06-10-2022), needmoregarage (06-19-2022), radiospares (06-20-2022), rwm (06-10-2022), smegman (06-10-2022) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 06-10-2022, 12:35 PM
Bill Mitchell
Pro

Received 419 Likes on 205 Posts

Sharp! Terry, you obviously have way too much energy, will you come over and detail my car?
The following 2 users liked this post by Bill Mitchell:
jimdillard (06-10-2022), tigerhonaker (06-11-2022)
Old 06-10-2022, 02:30 PM
jimdillard
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
Guys,

Decided I should at least do a semi quick Spruce-Up of the GT4.
So I used Adams "Quick-Detailer" and went over the complete body.
Also got out my trusty Sears ancient cart with rollers and did the complete wheels inside & out.
Of course a fresh coat of Tire-Dressing.

Even if I am patting myself on the back it does look pretty darn sharp !!!

Later,
Terry
Given all the exposure it's going to get tomorrow at the PCA/PON maintenance event...YOUR GT4 HAD BETTER BE SPOTLESS!!! And I mean MILITARY WHITE GLOVE INSPECTION kind of SPOTLESS. I will have the white gloves!!

Last edited by jimdillard; 06-10-2022 at 02:36 PM.

Quick Reply: GT4 in Racing-Yellow ordered 12/29/2020 by Terry aka tigerhonaker