Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

The Official PTS Color Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2021, 01:49 PM
rooster17
Pro

Received 596 Likes on 236 Posts

Little Orange to brighten everyone’s Sunday. RS Orange next to Pastel Orange. More detailed write up in the Instagram post.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMsBjNYn...=1aslkixulkp41
The following 2 users liked this post by rooster17:
bvita (03-22-2021), PorscheADD (03-21-2021)
Old 03-22-2021, 12:40 AM
bvita
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by rooster17
Little Orange to brighten everyone’s Sunday. RS Orange next to Pastel Orange. More detailed write up in the Instagram post.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMsBjNYn...=1aslkixulkp41

Moments like that made me wish I had my camera on me lol.
Old 03-22-2021, 09:14 AM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Received 1,486 Likes on 924 Posts

Originally Posted by skafia
Lava orange stitching with Pastel doesn't sound like it would work well but I saw a GT2 RS with this combo and it looked amazing!
The optional deviated stitching available is Orange not Lava Orange.....now, for door pulls and seat belts guess you could do CXX in Lava as those are available OEM.
I personally wouldn't want to mix different oranges on the interior. It would good look as long as you match all the interior bits with the same color....my python has the same interior options + various CXX but everything in Lizard and looks good.
There's another Pastel Orange heading to my dealer right now and the plan on that car is to get aftermarket door pulls in the correct orange to match the stitching....the seat belts are going to be a bit more difficult to get.
Old 03-22-2021, 05:55 PM
skafia
Rennlist Member

Received 824 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by jmartpr
The optional deviated stitching available is Orange not Lava Orange.....now, for door pulls and seat belts guess you could do CXX in Lava as those are available OEM.
I personally wouldn't want to mix different oranges on the interior. It would good look as long as you match all the interior bits with the same color....my python has the same interior options + various CXX but everything in Lizard and looks good.
There's another Pastel Orange heading to my dealer right now and the plan on that car is to get aftermarket door pulls in the correct orange to match the stitching....the seat belts are going to be a bit more difficult to get.
Now I'm confused on what I ordered, I know for sure the seat belts, door straps, 12 o clock marker and the Alcantara was Lava Orange and I *thought* the interior stitching was Lava, but now I have some doubt. Oh well, I'll find out in a couple of months.

BTW, my inspiration came from this car, and it appears the stitching is Lava as well (look at how the steering wheel and seats match up)

Last edited by skafia; 03-22-2021 at 06:00 PM.
Old 03-22-2021, 08:04 PM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Received 1,486 Likes on 924 Posts

Originally Posted by skafia
Now I'm confused on what I ordered, I know for sure the seat belts, door straps, 12 o clock marker and the Alcantara was Lava Orange and I *thought* the interior stitching was Lava, but now I have some doubt. Oh well, I'll find out in a couple of months.

BTW, my inspiration came from this car, and it appears the stitching is Lava as well (look at how the steering wheel and seats match up)

Looks like Lava on that pic....on the configurator it only says Orange for the deviated stitching....unless you went CXX.
There's a GT2RS down here with that spec as in the pic.....black exterior with lots of CXX in Lava besides the deviated stitching.
Old 03-24-2021, 10:12 PM
GT4MF
Instructor

Received 58 Likes on 28 Posts

Hey guys - thought you would enjoy some great pics from the best detailing team I have come across. It’s really next level... and a pretty sick car too, if I may be so bold

If you are in the northeast I thoroughly recommend you contacting Anthony or Lenny at Touch of Glass in Bedford Hills, NY. Before anyone says anything, no I have ZERO association other than I’m a client.

PTS cars aren’t painted in the same process as standard cars, and really need a little help to get them up to standard before PPF, so it’s definitely a good investment from my perspective.

The following 5 users liked this post by GT4MF:
bvita (03-25-2021), masti99 (03-29-2021), rooster17 (03-25-2021), UncleDude (03-24-2021), usctrojanGT3 (03-25-2021)
Old 03-24-2021, 10:39 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,106 Likes on 2,351 Posts

What's interesting about the PTS GT4s is that the roof wart gets painted in the car color vs just black like with the PTS 991.2 GT cars.
The following 2 users liked this post by usctrojanGT3:
bvita (03-25-2021), GT4MF (03-24-2021)
Old 03-24-2021, 10:43 PM
GT4MF
Instructor

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
What's interesting about the PTS GT4s is that the roof wart gets painted in the car color vs just black like with the PTS 991.2 GT cars.
Yep, indeed!
Old 03-25-2021, 07:58 AM
Dyim
Drifting

Received 1,045 Likes on 559 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
One way for Porsche to justify its price increase.

“I will paint the little plastic wart for you for a few more bucks, here ya go.”
Old 03-25-2021, 09:31 AM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Received 614 Likes on 284 Posts

Originally Posted by GT4MF
Hey guys - thought you would enjoy some great pics from the best detailing team I have come across. It’s really next level... and a pretty sick car too, if I may be so bold

If you are in the northeast I thoroughly recommend you contacting Anthony or Lenny at Touch of Glass in Bedford Hills, NY. Before anyone says anything, no I have ZERO association other than I’m a client.

PTS cars aren’t painted in the same process as standard cars, and really need a little help to get them up to standard before PPF, so it’s definitely a good investment from my perspective.
my slate grey is also getting the PPF treatment, all be it at a different shop @Merit Partners
pick up car in ATL PEC April 1

Last edited by neurotic; 03-25-2021 at 09:33 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by neurotic:
halfmonkey (03-25-2021), needmoregarage (03-25-2021), PorscheADD (03-25-2021)
Old 03-25-2021, 12:42 PM
CTDiesel
Advanced

Received 117 Likes on 37 Posts

Apologies for my thread-jack, but GT4MF, I am in your area and looking for a PPF installer for when my Oslo Blue GT4 arrives. What film does Touch of Glass use? Their website sadly doesn't say. Based on the website, though, it looks like they do a thorough job with all edges wrapped. Thanks for any info you can provide.
Old 03-25-2021, 12:57 PM
GT4MF
Instructor

Originally Posted by CTDiesel
Apologies for my thread-jack, but GT4MF, I am in your area and looking for a PPF installer for when my Oslo Blue GT4 arrives. What film does Touch of Glass use? Their website sadly doesn't say. Based on the website, though, it looks like they do a thorough job with all edges wrapped. Thanks for any info you can provide.
PM me!
Old 03-25-2021, 10:57 PM
svkarl
Rennlist Member

Received 283 Likes on 86 Posts

[QUOTE=GT4MF;17319622]Hey guys - thought you would enjoy some great pics from the best detailing team I have come across. It’s really next level... and a pretty sick car too, if I may be so bold

GT4MF, Can you elaborate on the specifics of this statement, I've done quite a bit of PTS research on RL, including the vast PTS thread on the GT3 subforum and I'm not seeing anything specific on the details of how PTS cars are painted differently or in a different location, though there are a number of inferences to a different procedure/process. I've got a PTS on order so super curious to get any available details. My SA and their SM both tell me the cars are pulled off the line and painted by hand. I highly doubt that and I've found zero to lead me to believe that's actually the case, they stand by their position however.

Thanks,
Karl

Old 03-26-2021, 01:01 AM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,805 Likes on 865 Posts

[QUOTE=svkarl;17322103]

GT4MF, Can you elaborate on the specifics of this statement, I've done quite a bit of PTS research on RL, including the vast PTS thread on the GT3 subforum and I'm not seeing anything specific on the details of how PTS cars are painted differently or in a different location, though there are a number of inferences to a different procedure/process. I've got a PTS on order so super curious to get any available details. My SA and their SM both tell me the cars are pulled off the line and painted by hand. I highly doubt that and I've found zero to lead me to believe that's actually the case, they stand by their position however.

Thanks,
Karl
Awesome! Would you mind sharing details of your build? Color, GT4 or Spyder, PDK or 6MT, etc? I have a PTS build thread going if you're interested in checking there.
Old 03-26-2021, 03:08 AM
svkarl
Rennlist Member

Received 283 Likes on 86 Posts

Halfmonkey, mine’s a 992 C2S but on that sub forum it appears one is basically considered a fool for ordering PTS, certainly no ones got a detailed data base as you have here for what in my opinion is a great opportunity Porsche provides to folks like me that worked for years to get exactly the Porsche I want, speced exactly as I want, down to the paint color. This is my first new Porsche and will also be the only one I order, and probably my last car. Anyway, that’s why I’ve been lurking here while I wait for my late August delivery! You’ve certainly provided an excellect tool for this community and it’s been great to follow for me too!
Karl

Quick Reply: The Official PTS Color Thread