Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

718 GT4RS

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2021, 01:43 AM
dmk2
Three Wheelin'

Received 765 Likes on 380 Posts

Originally Posted by JAhmed
we were talking about prostitution, a practice some may need to participate in to get a 4RS allocation
Why do I feel like you are going to be accused of talking science for bringing up prostitution 😆
The following users liked this post:
JAhmed (02-15-2021)
Old 02-15-2021, 01:44 AM
dmk2
Three Wheelin'

Received 765 Likes on 380 Posts

we were talking about prostitution, a practice some may need to participate in to get a 4RS allocation
Why do I feel like you are going to be accused of talking science for bringing up prostitution ? 😆

Kind of ironic coming from a person who goes by Archimedes on this forum.

Last edited by dmk2; 02-15-2021 at 01:46 AM.
Old 02-15-2021, 02:03 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,101 Likes on 2,347 Posts

I won't bend over for a GT4RS allocation, I think I got enough transaction history and trade bait to get one (at least I hope). haha
JAhmed (02-15-2021)
Old 02-15-2021, 02:04 AM
dnimi123
Rennlist Member

Received 1,141 Likes on 688 Posts

Im pretty much guaranteed a GT4RS allocation and no favors required. Im not sure why ya'll think its gonna be that hard to get a GT4RS? Its not going to have the GT3 motor, its going to be a relatively minor tweak of the GT4 and they will make a bunch of them... Also, I dont think its going to be a big seller at its price range...
Old 02-15-2021, 02:30 AM
JAhmed
Drifting

Received 1,911 Likes on 794 Posts

Originally Posted by dnimi123
Im pretty much guaranteed a GT4RS allocation and no favors required. Im not sure why ya'll think its gonna be that hard to get a GT4RS? Its not going to have the GT3 motor, its going to be a relatively minor tweak of the GT4 and they will make a bunch of them... Also, I dont think its going to be a big seller at its price range...
I was told numbers will be quite limited. Didn’t really inquire further as I will be going the 992 GT3 route...personally see too much overlap between a 4RS and my heavily modified Spyder to justify having both.
Old 02-15-2021, 04:42 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,101 Likes on 2,347 Posts

I was told numbers will be quite limited. Didn’t really inquire further as I will be going the 992 GT3 route...personally see too much overlap between a 4RS and my heavily modified Spyder to justify having both.
I heard it will be easier to get than a Speedster but harder to get than a GT3RS, so maybe it'll be like trying to get a GT2RS. I'm not too worried about getting an allocation between my relationship and my trade bait (GT3RS and/or PTS GT4).
The following 2 users liked this post by usctrojanGT3:
dnimi123 (02-15-2021), JAhmed (02-15-2021)
Old 02-15-2021, 07:23 AM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Received 1,486 Likes on 924 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I heard it will be easier to get than a Speedster but harder to get than a GT3RS, so maybe it'll be like trying to get a GT2RS. I'm not too worried about getting an allocation between my relationship and my trade bait (GT3RS and/or PTS GT4).
If indeed it goes into production I can get one, but the big question I have is how much extra $$$ over my PDK GT4 and what I'm getting for that extra $$$.
It's guarantee it will cost more, considerably more, but as I have mentioned before the GT4 is sandwich between various models/options (spec and price wise) leaving less maneuvering space for PAG to add/upgrade from a regular GT4.
If it's only 15-20 hp, carbon hood, fenders, CLs and bigger wing that would be pushing the performance cost ratio a bit too much...and the 718 GT4 was already pushing it when I traded up from the 981 GT4.
I don't collect, use and track my cars so don't care about the C&C usability and or resale....but I'm pretty sure they will sell everyone of them, even if they just do cosmetic stuff and slap and RS badge.
The following 2 users liked this post by jmartpr:
lee88 (02-15-2021), tigerhonaker (02-15-2021)
Old 02-15-2021, 08:14 AM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,380 Likes on 839 Posts

Originally Posted by dmk2
I am starting to wonder if Porsche will capitalize on this opportunity by offering a Weissach package.

If that is the case, perhaps we will see a standard car with 5-lugs and without fancy carbon bits. It may also be possible that a manual transmission might be available to keep the performance margin wider between 4RS and GT3.
Originally Posted by jmartpr
If indeed it goes into production I can get one, but the big question I have is how much extra $$$ over my PDK GT4 and what I'm getting for that extra $$$.
It's guarantee it will cost more, considerably more, but as I have mentioned before the GT4 is sandwich between various models/options (spec and price wise) leaving less maneuvering space for PAG to add/upgrade from a regular GT4.
If it's only 15-20 hp, carbon hood, fenders, CLs and bigger wing that would be pushing the performance cost ratio a bit too much...and the 718 GT4 was already pushing it when I traded up from the 981 GT4.
I don't collect, use and track my cars so don't care about the C&C usability and or resale....but I'm pretty sure they will sell everyone of them, even if they just do cosmetic stuff and slap and RS badge.
I will split the posts here so to speak.

It will cost extra, the RS premium. For those that want CLs and all that carbon a Weissach package will be offered. Other than that it will be 5 lug, 450 hp with some aero & suspension tuning. Would be nice if ED would be available and Porsche not follow suit of BMW, etc by cancelling the program.
Old 02-15-2021, 09:52 AM
DFW01TT
Burning Brakes

Received 535 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
It would be great if we could keep the political bull**** out of this forum. Unless someone knows where I can get some Andrenochrome. The younger the better...
Originally Posted by Archimedes
Guess your sarcasm filter is broken.....
Not at all, I was amused by your adrenochrome mention, I was even going to reply, "call 1-800- HIL-LARY for the freshest supply", but your self appointment as board subject monitor bugged me more than adrenochrome amused me.
RolloGigolo (02-15-2021)
Old 02-15-2021, 11:01 AM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Received 1,503 Likes on 834 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by jmartpr
jmartpr,

As you have said above .............
I have considered changing from my soon to be ordered GT4 (Waiting on Allocation) to the GT4 RS.
But ..............
Since as of yet there are really No-Usable-Facts just guys throwing around their what, opinions.

I agree with you in general that if and when we actually get the "Facts".
And there is only like 440-450 HP for the GT4 RS ???
At 450 H/P that a Real-World-Gain of a {Whopping 36 H/P} ..........
And of course the Giant Rear-Wing with some other additional "Catch-Your-Eye" vents etc.

To me if that RS in reality the way the majority of us would order it cost like $150,000.00 Plus US Dollars ???
Then to me if your not of the 1-Percenters or the Rich & Famous crowd ???
To me it seems the GT4 is by Far the Very Best Buy without Any-Doubt for all General-Purpose-Uses.
My GT4 is what I'd say easily is a Loaded-Up one and the Total-Cost is $123,650.00 US Dollars.
So, guys is it really worth an additional cost of approximately $30,000.00 US Dollars ???
And let's all get on the same page for us that have been doing this for Years & years & years and ...................
Get ready everyone for the "Additional" ADM (Additional-Dealer-Markup) on top of the real MSRP.

For those that don't know me I'm one of the True, Honest-to-Goodness Gear-Heads so I love Performance cars and have since back in the Mid 60's.
But at soon to be 76 years old I've come to the Real-World realization that I'm No-Longer willing to throw my Hard-Earned-Dollars around just to say I own something even if in this cause it's the Bad-*** GT4 RS.

Last comment for now, for those on this site that do fall under the Rich & Famous and of course the 1-Precenters.
My opinion is to those groups why not jump all over the New GT4 RS as money to those groups means nothing more than me going through the drive-through at McDonald's for an order of Small-Fries.
As some say, if you've got it ??? Flaunt-It !!!

Peace,
Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 02-15-2021 at 11:05 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by tigerhonaker:
FRIZ (02-15-2021), rp2000r (02-15-2021)
Old 02-15-2021, 11:22 AM
phefner
Rennlist Member

Received 712 Likes on 425 Posts

You got me by 20 yrs Terry, and its a very similar argument in my head. Love the concept off the GT4RS but is it worth the extra $30K, given the shared opinions on performance. Then enter the GT3, when equipped it will be almost $60K more. Using Ring times as the benchmark, how many seconds is that worth? So the two cloaked and winged a-holes on my shoulders bitch; $150K GT4RS/ $190K GT3 .. what's it gonna be?

Maybe I'll just give them the finger and sit this one out.

I doubt it. The Koolaid tastes too good.
The following 2 users liked this post by phefner:
JAhmed (02-15-2021), tigerhonaker (02-15-2021)
Old 02-15-2021, 11:38 AM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Received 784 Likes on 456 Posts

Originally Posted by phefner
You got me by 20 yrs Terry, and its a very similar argument in my head. Love the concept off the GT4RS but is it worth the extra $30K, given the shared opinions on performance. Then enter the GT3, when equipped it will be almost $60K more. Using Ring times as the benchmark, how many seconds is that worth? So the two cloaked and winged a-holes on my shoulders bitch; $150K GT4RS/ $190K GT3 .. what's it gonna be?

I calculate for the gt4rs:
135 base
0-15 adm
15 weissach pack
10 pccb
10 other stuff
thats 160-175 plus tax depending on whether you can get one at sticker. And if u get it at sticker its most likely gonna be a trade with adm folded into a crappy trade-in value. So by this calculation a loaded 4rs weissach will be roughly the same as a 992 gt3. That said i would take the former over the latter unless i cannot give up the manual.
Old 02-15-2021, 11:38 AM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Smile

Originally Posted by phefner

phefner,

^^^^^^^^^^^^

LOL,
Terry
Old 02-15-2021, 12:04 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,380 Likes on 839 Posts

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
My GT4 is what I'd say easily is a Loaded-Up one and the Total-Cost is $123,650.00 US Dollars.
So, guys is it really worth an additional cost of approximately $30,000.00 US Dollars ???...........
Get ready everyone for the "Additional" ADM (Additional-Dealer-Markup) on top of the real MSRP.
1) If history is a guide PDK and LWBs will be std and included in the base price of the RS with an option to get sofas at no cost.
2) Why the fear mongering with ADMs? Not everybody will have that dreaded ADM.

You need to reduce your loaded price by approx $10k due to your option list vs RS std.
lee88 (02-18-2021)
Old 02-15-2021, 01:31 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ExMB
1) If history is a guide PDK and LWBs will be std and included in the base price of the RS with an option to get sofas at no cost.
2) Why the fear mongering with ADMs? Not everybody will have that dreaded ADM.

You need to reduce your loaded price by approx $10k due to your option list vs RS std.
ExMB,

Well as everyone else mine is nothing more than one more members opinion.
It will be great if in-fact the New 2022 GT4 RS ends up being close to 500 H/P.
And it's Real-World-Cost turns out to be ....................

I think all of us "Die-Hard-Gear-Heads" can agree on one thing ..........
We shall all see as the months roll by what the 2022 GT4 RS is all about feature wise as well as cost.

Terry
phefner (02-15-2021)

Quick Reply: 718 GT4RS