Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

718 GT4RS

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2022, 11:22 PM
very green R
Instructor

Received 136 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by TONY AIR C2S
Does anyone know if there is a way to find out which dealers got allocations for the GT4RS in the US ? If so, how many did each dealership get ?
The only way I know is to call each dealer and ask their situation. A guy looking for the last gen GT3 RS made an excel spreadsheet then called a whole bunch of dealers. He made a You Tube video and explained his method which included a column for ADM. He got his GT3 RS.

Last edited by very green R; 02-20-2022 at 12:12 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by very green R:
IrwinMFletcher (02-20-2022), Spike Spiegel (02-20-2022)
Old 02-19-2022, 11:31 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,903 Likes on 2,207 Posts

Originally Posted by ExMB
Macan's in the US have a different tow rating than the ones in Europe. Additionally there are towing speed limits that don't exist in the US.
Yeah, I’ve seen people in our region or at Parade do it but too close to rating for me; especially the frequency and miles poster indicated.
Old 02-19-2022, 11:39 PM
very green R
Instructor

For those who are looking to buy a new 718 in any variant, if an allocation is not available before production ends and a new Cayman or Boxster is still desired this video shows a glimpse and discussion of that future EV as shown as Porsche concept cars.

For those desiring to skip the discussion and just see the concept cars go to the following timestamps:
Cayman 4:53
Boxster 8:43

Old 02-19-2022, 11:49 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,903 Likes on 2,207 Posts

Originally Posted by very green R
For those who are looking to buy a new 718 in any variant, if an allocation is not available before production ends and a new Cayman or Boxster is still desired this video shows a glimpse and discussion of that future EV as shown as Porsche concept cars.

For those desiring to skip the discussion and just see the concept cars go to the following timestamps:
Cayman 4:53
Boxster 8:43

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKIzfJar41I
Is there a reason you posted this in the GT4RS thread? There is an ongoing thread for the follow-on…
Old 02-20-2022, 12:21 AM
very green R
Instructor

Originally Posted by TXshaggy
Is there a reason you posted this in the GT4RS thread? There is an ongoing thread for the follow-on…
Because people are having trouble finding an allocation for a GT4RS, or do find an allocation but the ADM is too high. So I thought it could be of value to someone just looking in this thread, which has high views, to know more about what comes after the 718 is out of production so they can make a better decision.
Old 02-20-2022, 04:17 AM
Odin
Racer

Received 484 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by very green R
Because people are having trouble finding an allocation for a GT4RS, or do find an allocation but the ADM is too high. So I thought it could be of value to someone just looking in this thread, which has high views, to know more about what comes after the 718 is out of production so they can make a better decision.
THIS!! (as Doug would say) is the reason to why people and myself are head over heels for getting a GT4RS. Nobody of us wants the electric Cayman and everyone knows the GT4RS is the last ever gas powered Cayman developed and as such will be insanely sought after both immediately and will appreciate enormously in the long run.

You keep wondering about the future and we’ll stick with the present😎

BTW I have a Taycan and a 964 in the garage.
The following users liked this post:
GoHardGT3RS (02-20-2022)
Old 02-20-2022, 09:21 AM
Porsche2014
Instructor

Received 99 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by TONY AIR C2S
Does anyone know if there is a way to find out which dealers got allocations for the GT4RS in the US ? If so, how many did each dealership get ?
There's another active thread on this that might help. You might have to sift through speculation, conjecture and simply wrong information, but it seems to be the best "intelligence source at the moment:
https://rennlist.com/forums/718-gts-...on-thread.html
Old 02-20-2022, 12:49 PM
AV97
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Gulf Blue color for GT4RS

Dear all,

I would like to ask what are your thoughts on ordering the GT4RS with Weissach Package (WP) in classic Gulf Blue color? How would you combine Gulf Blue with Gulf Orange + exposed carbon fiber in WP? I have a few thoughts, such as ordering the side “GT4RS” decal (exactly the one that is available in the configurator) + model designation in the back “GT4RS” and “PORSCHE” lettering in the rear glass in Gulf Orange.

Moreover, what are your thoughts in general about Gulf Blue? Will it fit the GT4RS at all?

I have a feeling that if done wrong the color combination (blue + orange) can look tacky and somewhat childish, therefore, I am looking forward for your opinions, ideas and suggestions.

Thank you in advance,
Alex
Old 02-20-2022, 01:36 PM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Received 1,486 Likes on 924 Posts

Originally Posted by AV97
Dear all,

I would like to ask what are your thoughts on ordering the GT4RS with Weissach Package (WP) in classic Gulf Blue color? How would you combine Gulf Blue with Gulf Orange + exposed carbon fiber in WP? I have a few thoughts, such as ordering the side “GT4RS” decal (exactly the one that is available in the configurator) + model designation in the back “GT4RS” and “PORSCHE” lettering in the rear glass in Gulf Orange.

Moreover, what are your thoughts in general about Gulf Blue? Will it fit the GT4RS at all?

I have a feeling that if done wrong the color combination (blue + orange) can look tacky and somewhat childish, therefore, I am looking forward for your opinions, ideas and suggestions.

Thank you in advance,
Alex

First...you are aware that adding those details will be a CXX option.
If you can get PAG to accept the requests (and are ok with price) I would do the decals on the doors and rear bumper, just a little bit of color so the Gulf blue does all the talking.
Feel a bit more adventurous? How about the side view mirrors, but then you would be painting the carbon fiber. Center hood and spoiler stripe could be an option.
On the inside I would do seat belts and door pulls, probably you will have to settle for basic orange (these can be done aftermarket). Also the seat belt passages on the LWBS (also can be done aftermarket).
If you really want to splurge go orange CXX/deviated stitching.
Old 02-20-2022, 01:57 PM
AV97
AutoX

Hey! Thank you for your reply, you’ve got some great ideas! I’m aware that all the mentioned above options are CXX and will cost a fortune, so I’m trying to find a sweet spot between perfecting the “Gulf” spec and spending a lot of money. If I remember correctly, the hood stripe + spoiler stripe is roughly €8,000, so I’ll have to be careful with picking CXX options, I think I’ll do some things aftermarket.
Old 02-20-2022, 02:40 PM
Porsche_23rs
Track Day

Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts

Dear all,

Thank you in advance,
Alex
I think it will work really well...

Old 02-20-2022, 04:27 PM
AV97
AutoX

I completely agree with you, the GT3RS looks stunning in Gulf Blue, hopefully the GT4RS looks as good in this color

Thanks!
Old 02-20-2022, 05:24 PM
Odin
Racer

Received 484 Likes on 205 Posts

I completely agree with you, the GT3RS looks stunning in Gulf Blue, hopefully the GT4RS looks as good in this color

Thanks!
I’ve got a PTS in the works and considered both gulf blue and gulf orange, although not together mimicking the Gulf livery as I find the theme very done and over with.

Last edited by Odin; 02-21-2022 at 06:15 AM.
Old 02-20-2022, 05:27 PM
very green R
Instructor

INTERIOR SOUND without the WP Air Scoops:
AP said in the Top Gear video that the WP gives a better interior sound because it includes the hoods or scoops made out of carbon fiber that are in place of the small side windows. AP said this scoop gives a little ram effect and the chamber of air, under the scoops, gives a better interior sound, but louder, a little bit.
So I have wondered if there is something unpleasant with the base GT4RS interior sound since it does not have the scoops. This video is a 718 GT4RS Clubsport running wide open around Daytona. I think the video creator lowered the volume of the interior sound so he could overdub his voice, and still be heard, as he explained the drive around the track. I did not pickup anything unpleasant in the interior sound. In fact I think it sounds great.
Old 02-20-2022, 06:51 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,888 Likes on 1,536 Posts

...what are your thoughts on ordering the GT4RS with Weissach Package (WP) in classic Gulf Blue?
Local dealer had a 992 GT3 in Gulf Blue with a carbon roof and mirrors awaiting pickup by a very lucky new owner. The carbon with GB was an absolutely stunning combination.

Gulf Blue IMHO is one of those colors that looks far better in person than it photographs, but here is a photo anyway!

The following 8 users liked this post by pfbz:
2slow2speed (02-20-2022), AZWCat (03-01-2022), JBM718GTS (02-20-2022), josephr25 (02-20-2022), MechEngr1287 (02-20-2022), very green R (02-20-2022), Vgj (02-28-2022), vision3030 (02-21-2022) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)

Quick Reply: 718 GT4RS