Out of state purchase re Smog legal in CA - Page 2 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices
718 Forum The forum for the 718 Boxster Cayman Variants

Out of state purchase re Smog legal in CA

Old 02-13-2019, 02:03 PM
Wine.o
User

I thought that smog check wasn't necessary if the car was within 4 model years old. I think then you just pay a transfer fee as part of your registration.
Old 02-13-2019, 02:24 PM
skeeter714
User

Originally Posted by Wine.o View Post
I thought that smog check wasn't necessary if the car was within 4 model years old. I think then you just pay a transfer fee as part of your registration.
You will need a SMOG check. If you do not have SMOG paperwork then you will not be able to register the vehicle in CA.

It makes no real sense to me. The counter clerk who helped me at the DMV told me that most people who register out of state cars have to be turned away because of no SMOG.
Old 02-13-2019, 03:02 PM
Archimedes
Super User

Originally Posted by Wine.o View Post
Only if originally sold in California.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: