Notices
718 Forum 982 (718) 2016-Current Discussions about 718 Boxster Cayman Variants
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Miami Blue Seat Belts in black on black...?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2018, 03:18 PM
GingerPowered
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Miami Blue Seat Belts in black on black...?

I asked about this over in the general Porsche discussion forum, but perhaps this is a better place given that we're all 718 enthusiasts.

Any thoughts on Miami Blue seat belts in a metallic black 718 with standard black interior? What if there were free? In their showroom, my local dealer has a red 718 with the MB belts (yes - it's a hideous combination; no - I can't believe they ordered a car that way) and is willing to swap them out for my standard black ones, including install. I was thinking about installing red belts and I'm not sure how about the MB belts... but they'd be something different and they're free, so maybe I can be convinced...? I know this is just a matter of taste, but input from equally-obsessed Cayman owners would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

GPd
Old 12-18-2018, 03:43 PM
Jim137a
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 90 Posts

Does the car have deviated stitching- if so what color. IMO if the car has deviated stitching you may want the seat belts to match that color - hopefully the deviated stitching is yellow as I think that would be the only color that would look ok.

I definitely wouldn’t do red seat belts with Miami Blue.
Old 12-18-2018, 04:45 PM
GingerPowered
Rennlist Member

No deviated stitching - just the standard black interior.
Old 12-18-2018, 05:17 PM
Psorcery
Banned

Received 170 Likes on 126 Posts

If your car was MB I'd be all over it.. You need more of a MB theme.
Old 12-18-2018, 07:35 PM
Yc911Kid
Three Wheelin'

Received 769 Likes on 402 Posts

Only do it if you dig the color. As you might 'lose' on your end(Car will be tougher to sell) Personally I found colored seatbelts really lite up the mood. But Red/Yellow are safter choice than MB
Old 12-19-2018, 01:24 PM
AGAV13
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Absolutely go for it. It will bring just enough "pop" to the interior which will liven it up just enough to not be so boring. I wish i had colored belts in mine (of any color) as i find it slightly boring.
Old 12-19-2018, 06:36 PM
GingerPowered
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Yc911Kid
Only do it if you dig the color. As you might 'lose' on your end(Car will be tougher to sell) Personally I found colored seatbelts really lite up the mood. But Red/Yellow are safter choice than MB
As much as I'd like to be different, I can't help but agree about the red and yellow belts. The red looks phenomenal on black and the yellow is really cool as well... I think I'm not digging the MB enough and, as you point out, they might be a hard sell down the road (even though I just bought this baby, love it, and have no plans to sell it for a long, long time!).

Thanks for the input, all - much obliged!

GPd
Old 12-22-2018, 12:30 AM
iammacey
Burning Brakes

Received 376 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by GingerPowered
As much as I'd like to be different, I can't help but agree about the red and yellow belts. The red looks phenomenal on black and the yellow is really cool as well... I think I'm not digging the MB enough and, as you point out, they might be a hard sell down the road (even though I just bought this baby, love it, and have no plans to sell it for a long, long time!).

Thanks for the input, all - much obliged!

GPd
I had red seat belts in my 981 GTS and loved them. Then my girlfriend ordered her 718 all black and did yellow belts and as much as I love red, those yellow belts look great. It's the main reason I went with a GT4 with yellow deviated stitching. The GT4 has black belts and it is just enough yellow.

Most importantly, do what makes you happy. So that everytime you get in the car you enjoy it with no remorse.

Nice of them to offer that though. I am sure they are struggling to find a buyer for that combo. I wonder if it was intentional or someone checked the wrong box?
Old 12-25-2018, 12:31 AM
wriggly
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have red belts in my 718 GTS. They match the calipers and the fire extinguisher.

Quick Reply: Miami Blue Seat Belts in black on black...?