Sponsored by:

I’m Official!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2018, 09:32 PM
Wine.o
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default I’m Official!!!

Finally got my build slot!! For 10 years I had an MX-5. Sissy little underpowered car that didn’t quite fit me... but it put a smile on my face every time I drove that twisty road home. 2 yrs ago I “upgraded” to a Z4 and I’ve been just a little sad ever since. Drove a Boxster S just for fun and it was all over for me.

2019 MY 718 Boxster S. (No, I couldn’t afford the GTS )
- Manual Transmission (of course)
- Carrara White Metallic
- Roadster Top in Red
- Rear Side Intake Grilles Painted
- 19” Boxster S wheels (w/ painted crest centers)
- Full Leather Interior, Black & Bordeaux Red
- Power Sport Seats (14 way) w/ Memory Package
- 2 Zone Climate Control
- Light Design Package
- Porsche Entry & Drive
- Auto Dimming Mirrors w/ Rain Sensor
- Seat Heating
- Seat Ventilation
- Bi-Xenon Headlights w/ PDLS
- Apple Car Play
- Smoking Package & Luggage Net
---- Short Shifter Assembly installed by the dealer before pickup

Thanks everyone for all of the insight as I prepped this. (I’ve been trolling Rennlist for months.)
Also, genuinely sorry for the blatant brag post here.. kind of assume you guys will understand the enthusiasm though.
AUGUST 24th !!!!!

Last edited by Wine.o; 05-11-2018 at 12:41 PM.
Old 05-10-2018, 09:50 PM
ldamelio
Rennlist Member

Received 886 Likes on 478 Posts

Nicely optioned, congratulations. I bought a Z3 18 years ago and regretted it after 3 days - a Barbie car. I should've gotten a Boxster then and I'd still probably have it with two decades of enjoyment under my belt. I had an interim period of sensible sedans and wagons while raising a family and just got my Cayman S in January. Couldn't be happier. Enjoy yours in good health.
Old 05-11-2018, 02:42 AM
semtex
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Really nice spec man, congrats.
Old 05-11-2018, 11:21 AM
iliveoncaffiene
Burning Brakes

Received 396 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by Wine.o
Finally got my build slot!! For 10 years I had an MX-5. Sissy little underpowered car that didn’t quite fit me... but it put a smile on my face every time I drove that twisty road home. 2 yrs ago I “upgraded” to a Z4 and I’ve been just a little sad ever since. Drove a Boxster S just for fun and it was all over for me.

- Carrara White Metallic
- Roadster Top in Red
- Light Design Package
- Porsche Entry & Drive
- Seat Heating
- Seat Ventilation

- Apple Car Play
- Short Shifter Assembly installed by the dealer before pickup

Thanks everyone for all of the insight as I prepped this. (I’ve been trolling Rennlist for months.)
Also, genuinely sorry for the blatant brag post here.. kind of assume you guys will understand the enthusiasm though.
AUGUST 24th !!!!!
I'm assuming all of that in bold means you chose the Premium Package Plus? It's all of that + 2-zone climate control. It's $910 cheaper (it gives a discount) if you select it.
Old 05-11-2018, 12:02 PM
lajoiedp
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

- Carrara White Metallic
- Roadster Top in Red
- Light Design Package
- Porsche Entry & Drive
- Seat Heating
- Seat Ventilation
- Apple Car Play

AUGUST 24th !!!!!
You will absolutely love the Full Leather Interior, Black & Bordeaux Red. It's gorgeous.
Old 05-11-2018, 12:29 PM
Wine.o
Advanced

Originally Posted by iliveoncaffiene
I'm assuming all of that in bold means you chose the Premium Package Plus? It's all of that + 2-zone climate control. It's $910 cheaper (it gives a discount) if you select it.
Ahh yes... Forgot that one Yep, PPP.
Old 05-11-2018, 12:33 PM
masti99
Burning Brakes

Received 106 Likes on 87 Posts

Congrats!
Old 05-11-2018, 08:40 PM
Suicide Jockey
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 79 Posts

Exciting! Love the color combo. Kudos for ordering and building to your spec. The wait will be well worth it. Congrats!

Between now and August 24th you can start planning your pre-delivery game plan. Here are some ideas/suggestions based on my past purchase experiences. YMMV:

1. Get dealer to throw in clear side markers and be sure to get the amber markers that are replaced.

2. Request that front bumper not be drilled for license plate.

3. If you plan to apply PPF/clear bra, advise dealer not to wash or detail car during PDI.

4. Request a complimentary COA from the dealer. I think they are $108 now (used to be free). Most dealers will oblige.

5. Tell dealer how you want your window sticker as some are inclined to laminate (not preferred IMO).

6. Get plenty of hardcopy brochures for your car.

7. Join PCA if you haven't already.

8. Start reading your owner's manual on-line:
http://www.porscheownersmanuals.com/

9. Determine how you want the dealer to program options like the door lock settings. I had mine configured to a) remain unlocked after a delay on entering the vehicle, and b) lock automatically after driving off (the setting for this is "After drive-off"). There's about three or four programming options as I recall. I also asked that the horn honk ("meep meep") be disabled upon locking of the car.

10. Determine if an alignment is part of the PDI your dealership customarily performs. If not, say you want an alignment when the car comes in as it is not uncommon for the suspension to have "settled" during shipment. My car was out of alignment at time of delivery and the dealer rectified it, but I don't know that that would have happened if I hadn't requested the alignment.

11. Make a list of the accessories/parts you'd like to have, provide it to the dealer, and ask for an aggressive price quote reflecting a great discount off retail. There's no better time to get this stuff than at the time of delivery when you can leverage the best price. Most dealer I have found will discount the parts/accessories heavily. Doesn't hurt to ask. If you wait to buy this stuff after taking delivery, then all leverage is lost. Since you're probably going to want to buy at least some of this stuff anyway, why not do it at delivery? Below is my list. All good stuff to have, but in total can run $1,000+ so get that discount!

• Porsche License plate frame(s)
  • Porsche front trunk liner
  • Porsche rear trunk liner
  • Porsche UV sunshade
  • Extra set of floor mats
  • Porsche all-weather mats
  • Porsche indoor/outdoor car cover
  • Porsche Battery charger
  • Touch up paint
  • Porsche valve stem caps
  • Keychain/fob
  • Clear side markers (if dealer won't throw them in gratis)
  • Porsche model of your car in 1:43 or 1:18 scale
Good luck!
Old 05-13-2018, 02:08 AM
go.illini
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 7 Posts

Looking forward to the pictures. It's a classic color combo and should look great.
Old 05-13-2018, 10:02 PM
Wine.o
Advanced

Originally Posted by Suicide Jockey
Exciting! Love the color combo. Kudos for ordering and building to your spec. The wait will be well worth it. Congrats!

Between now and August 24th you can start planning your pre-delivery game plan. Here are some ideas/suggestions based on my past purchase experiences. YMMV:

1. Get dealer to throw in clear side markers and be sure to get the amber markers that are replaced.

2. Request that front bumper not be drilled for license plate.

3. If you plan to apply PPF/clear bra, advise dealer not to wash or detail car during PDI.

4. Request a complimentary COA from the dealer. I think they are $108 now (used to be free). Most dealers will oblige.

5. Tell dealer how you want your window sticker as some are inclined to laminate (not preferred IMO).

6. Get plenty of hardcopy brochures for your car.

7. Join PCA if you haven't already.

8. Start reading your owner's manual on-line:
http://www.porscheownersmanuals.com/

9. Determine how you want the dealer to program options like the door lock settings. I had mine configured to a) remain unlocked after a delay on entering the vehicle, and b) lock automatically after driving off (the setting for this is "After drive-off"). There's about three or four programming options as I recall. I also asked that the horn honk ("meep meep") be disabled upon locking of the car.

10. Determine if an alignment is part of the PDI your dealership customarily performs. If not, say you want an alignment when the car comes in as it is not uncommon for the suspension to have "settled" during shipment. My car was out of alignment at time of delivery and the dealer rectified it, but I don't know that that would have happened if I hadn't requested the alignment.

11. Make a list of the accessories/parts you'd like to have, provide it to the dealer, and ask for an aggressive price quote reflecting a great discount off retail. There's no better time to get this stuff than at the time of delivery when you can leverage the best price. Most dealer I have found will discount the parts/accessories heavily. Doesn't hurt to ask. If you wait to buy this stuff after taking delivery, then all leverage is lost. Since you're probably going to want to buy at least some of this stuff anyway, why not do it at delivery? Below is my list. All good stuff to have, but in total can run $1,000+ so get that discount!
  • Porsche License plate frame(s)
  • Porsche front trunk liner
  • Porsche rear trunk liner
  • Porsche UV sunshade
  • Extra set of floor mats
  • Porsche all-weather mats
  • Porsche indoor/outdoor car cover
  • Porsche Battery charger
  • Touch up paint
  • Porsche valve stem caps
  • Keychain/fob
  • Clear side markers (if dealer won't throw them in gratis)
  • Porsche model of your car in 1:43 or 1:18 scale
Good luck!
These tips are amazing! Can’t see myself fussing over valve stem caps, but that warning about the alignment seems critical. Seriously can’t thank you enough.

Old 05-19-2018, 10:31 PM
OldJedi
Burning Brakes

Received 563 Likes on 283 Posts

Looks like a great build, enjoy your car.
Old 08-13-2018, 05:04 PM
Wine.o
Advanced

Originally Posted by Suicide Jockey

Good luck!
Just wondering how you managed leverage even prior to delivery? There are definitely some extras I'm going to be asking for (including some shop time for a couple of mods I'm hoping for). I can't imagine implying you'd not take the car w/o deep discounts on swag would be taken terribly seriously. Thanks again for the tips.
Old 08-13-2018, 05:35 PM
lajoiedp
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

- Carrara White Metallic
- Roadster Top in Red
- 2 Zone Climate Control
- Light Design Package
- Porsche Entry & Drive
- Seat Heating
- Seat Ventilation
- Apple Car Play
---- Short Shifter Assembly installed by the dealer before pickup

AUGUST 24th !!!!!
Is your delivery still on track?
Old 08-13-2018, 07:22 PM
Wine.o
Advanced

The boat left Emden 5 minutes ago. Going to be glued to marinetraffic.com for the next month now as it heads to NorCal. The build changed a bit (ok, maybe more than once) before it locked. I really do wonder what the average number of revisions our patient dealers need enter for us is.
Going to see if I can get the dealer to A) install my SmartTop for me, and B) turn on the sport chrono in the computer to give me G-meter access. Not sure how best to angle for a deal on the shop time for those.

2019 MY 718 Boxster S.
- White (stared at the two whites side by side on the lot and I swear I couldn't see the difference)
- Roadster Top in Red
- Sport Seats Plus (2-way / manual)
- Light Design Package
- GT Sport Steering Wheel
- Instrument Dials in White
- Seat Heating
- Seat Ventilation
- Bose Surround
- Apple Car Play

Last edited by Wine.o; 08-13-2018 at 07:40 PM.
Old 09-03-2018, 04:04 PM
Steve48
Instructor

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

Congrats, can’t wait to see some pics.

Quick Reply: I’m Official!!!