Sponsored by:

Let’s talk exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2018, 06:14 PM
Dkritz944
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Let’s talk exhaust

My Cayman S has a standard exhaust. And to be honest, it doesn’t sound as horrible as people say it would. But, I’m looking to upgrade to some more volume in the future. Looking at AWE touring, Agency, Fabspeed. Or just have someone delete the mufflers and do a custome job. Haven’t read much on here about people’s aftermarket exhaust experience. Any incite? Suggestions? Thanks.
Old 08-22-2018, 10:18 AM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 676 Likes on 430 Posts

Originally Posted by Dkritz944
My Cayman S has a standard exhaust. And to be honest, it doesn’t sound as horrible as people say it would. But, I’m looking to upgrade to some more volume in the future. Looking at AWE touring, Agency, Fabspeed. Or just have someone delete the mufflers and do a custome job. Haven’t read much on here about people’s aftermarket exhaust experience. Any incite? Suggestions? Thanks.

Scott here at Fabspeed, we offer some great options for the 718. Whether you want to go from the turbo back or just a rear section! Take a look at the options and feel free to reach out to me regarding forum pricing!!!!

>>>>Porsche 718 Sport Cat<<<<

>>>>
<<<<

>>>>
<<<<

Take a look at the options and feel free to reach out to me!!!

Old 08-29-2018, 06:41 PM
darreln
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have installed the FabSpeed sport exhaust on my base 718. I really like it, I love the throaty sound, the increased crackle & pops and overall 'noise'. Much better than the standard exhaust. There's drone at around 3k until about 3.7k that can be pretty loud, but that's a minor annoyance for me compared to the overall benefits. the carbon tips look great as well.

hope this helps
Old 08-30-2018, 12:22 AM
seis-speed
Pro

Received 426 Likes on 186 Posts

Great vids Scott !!
Old 08-30-2018, 03:46 PM
msacks
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Scott, how come your not listed on the Fabspeed Team page?
Old 08-31-2018, 04:11 PM
mrrippey
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by darreln
There's drone at around 3k until about 3.7k that can be pretty loud
Have you disconnected the sound aktor? Wonder if that makes a difference.

Rippey
Old 08-31-2018, 05:42 PM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by msacks
Hey Scott, how come your not listed on the Fabspeed Team page?
Good eye, check again
Old 08-31-2018, 05:51 PM
msacks
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Fabspeed Motorsport
Good eye, check again
Now you’re there! Scott, why no headers for the 718 cayman engines?
Old 09-09-2018, 01:10 AM
manifold danger
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,133 Likes on 638 Posts

Originally Posted by msacks

Now you’re there! Scott, why no headers for the 718 cayman engines?

It'd be a single turbo manifold. My guess it's probably in the works, but way different tuning and manufacturing process than a pair of H-6 headers like what's been in these things for over a decade.

Will also likely yield much more power too though. I am curious to hear a response from the tuner market... that is definitely a benefit of these forums that there is a significant vendor presence to hear directly from the source (free marketing for them too ) .
Old 09-11-2018, 12:31 AM
Optical TDI
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Has anyone just done the Fabspeed high flow cat? That would change the sound and allow for a tune. Plus with the stock cans, then no drone. I’m considering this as it has worked on other cars for me.
Old 09-11-2018, 10:42 AM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Optical TDI
Has anyone just done the Fabspeed high flow cat? That would change the sound and allow for a tune. Plus with the stock cans, then no drone. I’m considering this as it has worked on other cars for me.
I have a customer in the shop today having our Sport Cat and set of Carbon tips installed in his 718. I'll be glad to post some video's of the results!
Old 09-12-2018, 01:34 AM
Optical TDI
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Fabspeed Motorsport
I have a customer in the shop today having our Sport Cat and set of Carbon tips installed in his 718. I'll be glad to post some video's of the results!
Great, thanks.
Old 09-21-2018, 05:03 PM
Guaji
Racer

Received 266 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Optical TDI
Hi, I was the customer that Scott was referring to. I had the sport cat and carbon fiber exhaust tips installed the other week at Fabspeed. You can definitely hear the turbo much more now. I have no idea how the performance has changed other then butt dynos, so I will avoid cliche impressions. If and when I decide to tune it, I believe the gains will be even more impressive. I like the looks of the exhaust tips. Has a more base sound compared to stock and they are more prominent, since they stick out from the diffuser compared to stock. I would have liked to had the turbo back exhaust installed, but I like the ability to use the exhaust button. In normal mode or sport exhaust turned off, the car is still very civil. No drone whatsoever. So, the most noticeable change is hearing the turbo, especially with the windows down.....sounds great .
Old 09-21-2018, 05:20 PM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Guaji

Hi, I was the customer that Scott was referring to. I had the sport cat and carbon fiber exhaust tips installed the other week at Fabspeed. You can definitely hear the turbo much more now. I have no idea how the performance has changed other then butt dynos, so I will avoid cliche impressions. If and when I decide to tune it, I believe the gains will be even more impressive. I like the looks of the exhaust tips. Has a more base sound compared to stock and they are more prominent, since they stick out from the diffuser compared to stock. I would have liked to had the turbo back exhaust installed, but I like the ability to use the exhaust button. In normal mode or sport exhaust turned off, the car is still very civil. No drone whatsoever. So, the most noticeable change is hearing the turbo, especially with the windows down.....sounds great .
Thanks James!!!

Quick Reply: Let’s talk exhaust