Agate Gray Clear Side Markers & Colored Wheel Crests

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2018, 11:36 AM
996toomey
Three Wheelin'

Received 46 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Agate Gray Clear Side Markers & Colored Wheel Crests

Hello All:

I know such a trivial question but would appreciate your thoughts.

I ordered a 718 Boxster S in Agate Gray with the standard 19” S wheels. All of my last Porsches had wheel options like Satin or Carrera Sports etc that came with matching crests.

Do you think on an Agate car I should opt for the colored crests or stay with the monochrome look? Also I always used to change my side markers to clear but on my last 981 S in Rhodium Silver didn’t bother. I think on the Agate this is something I should consider doing as well.

Thanks.

Robert
Old 06-29-2018, 03:18 PM
iliveoncaffiene
Burning Brakes

Received 396 Likes on 234 Posts

I'd put clear side markers on every porsche - regardless of color. The yellow reflective things are an eyesore.

The wheels are probably just a matter of preference - personally I have to have the colored center caps. I think it looks weird without them.
Old 06-30-2018, 08:54 PM
OldJedi
Burning Brakes

Received 563 Likes on 283 Posts

I have to agree, the clear fender lights look far better on almost all colors than the US standard yellow ones.
Old 07-02-2018, 09:03 PM
ldamelio
Rennlist Member

Received 894 Likes on 480 Posts

Agate grey 2018 Cayman S here - nice improvement with the clear markers. I think the yellow may go OK with certain colors (ie, yellow or guards red) but particularly clash with the agate. Nice upgrade IMO. I have colored crests also but no strong opinion there.
Old 07-02-2018, 09:18 PM
duegatti
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I've got colored crests on platinum satin - cause that's how platinum satin comes. But I'll tell you, I saw the monochrome crests at the dealer a couple of times, and I think they look fantastic. Almost looked etched. I could be totally happy with the monochrome.
Old 07-03-2018, 03:29 AM
GregWormald
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Clear side markers-- They are standard in the rest of the world and look the best.
Coloured wheel crests-- (When I bought my car the coloured crests were expensive and I thought they wouldn't add much to the car. One day on EBay I found a dealer in China who sold sets for $12 shipped and I decided to tried them out. Strangely enough they made a huge difference--providing small spots of accent colour that call attention to the whole picture, just like artists use spot accents. I wouldn't want to do without them, but I also wouldn't want to pay Porsche's price.)

Quick Reply: Agate Gray Clear Side Markers & Colored Wheel Crests