Sponsored by:

New member introduction and new GTS boxter build help

Old 06-02-2018, 10:55 PM
vasudev gawde
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member introduction and new GTS boxter build help

Hello guys,
I am a new user from michigan and planning to purchase a new cayman GTS boxter 2019 model.
I have a primary configuration in my mind.
1 ) Any dealers recommended from Michigan, Ohio , Illinois state ?
2) What kind of discount should I expect on new 2019 GTS boxter models?
3) What is car allocation ?

Here is my Primary build ,
Model 2019 718 Boxster GTS
Jet Black Metallic
Roadster Top in Black
Standard Interior in Black i.c.w. Leather Sport Seats Plus
Premium Package i.c.w. Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way)
"Automatically Dimming Mirrors with
Integrated Rain Sensor"
2-Zone Automatic Climate Control
Seat Heating
7-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
Power Steering Plus
20" Carrera S Wheels
Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
Lane Change Assist (LCA)
Steering Wheel in Leather
Deletion of Alcantara®
Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way) with Memory Package
Seat Belts in Racing Yellow
Voice Control i.c.w. Navigation including Porsche Connect
BOSE® Surround Sound System
Apple CarPlay™
Navigation including Porsche Connect $

I need help from member for the same. Hoping to join porsche family soon
Old 06-03-2018, 10:11 AM
rdmustang
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome! I found that discount is mostly based on the size of the dealer. I had a small dealer that wouldn't give any discount and I called the largest dealers in the country and was able to negotiate 7+%. I ended up with a semi-local (3 hours away) dealer that is large and was able to give a 7% discount.

If a dealer says "It's a new model and we can't give a big discount" remember that what they are really saying is "We don't want to give a discount that large." Dealer margins are 11% on the car and 18% on the options. You won't get numbers near that high on an order because they do have to make profit. I found most dealers were hungry since 718 sales are on a downward trend but some legitimately had more room to wiggle based on their number of allocations and management allowances.
Old 06-03-2018, 10:33 AM
John Ferguson
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Ordered a 981 Boxster GTS when they first became available. Recommend the 0 dollar smoking package, I don't smoke but don't like the hole in the console without it and the extra outlet is handy. PTV is great in my opinion, don't see it on the configurator for 718s. My next ordered Porsche will have PCCBs, brake dust sucks if you like to keep your car pristine. Also deleted the model designation on the trunk, mine only says PORSCHE in block letters, the Boxster GTS in a different font right next to PORSCHE detracts IMO. Left the GTS callout on the side. Paid exactly half between MSRP and dealer cost, around 7 percent on an ordered car, but this was my third pcar from same dealer. PDK is amazing. Enjoy your new car, nothing like a mid-engine top down two seater.
Old 06-03-2018, 12:46 PM
vasudev gawde
Track Day

Originally Posted by rdmustang
Welcome! I found that discount is mostly based on the size of the dealer. I had a small dealer that wouldn't give any discount and I called the largest dealers in the country and was able to negotiate 7+%. I ended up with a semi-local (3 hours away) dealer that is large and was able to give a 7% discount.

If a dealer says "It's a new model and we can't give a big discount" remember that what they are really saying is "We don't want to give a discount that large." Dealer margins are 11% on the car and 18% on the options. You won't get numbers near that high on an order because they do have to make profit. I found most dealers were hungry since 718 sales are on a downward trend but some legitimately had more room to wiggle based on their number of allocations and management allowances.
Thank you , I haven't contacted any dealers yet but I would keep your tips in my mind when I do.
When do I expect the car to be delivered if i order the car(Boxter 718 GTS 2019) on (say 15th june 2018).
How much deposit should i Pay at the time of booking?
Old 06-03-2018, 12:59 PM
vasudev gawde
Track Day

Originally Posted by John Ferguson
Ordered a 981 Boxster GTS when they first became available. Recommend the 0 dollar smoking package, I don't smoke but don't like the hole in the console without it and the extra outlet is handy. PTV is great in my opinion, don't see it on the configurator for 718s. My next ordered Porsche will have PCCBs, brake dust sucks if you like to keep your car pristine. Also deleted the model designation on the trunk, mine only says PORSCHE in block letters, the Boxster GTS in a different font right next to PORSCHE detracts IMO. Left the GTS callout on the side. Paid exactly half between MSRP and dealer cost, around 7 percent on an ordered car, but this was my third pcar from same dealer. PDK is amazing. Enjoy your new car, nothing like a mid-engine top down two seater.
Oh well thank you, I will add the smoking package and Luggage Net in Passenger Footwell(I hope its detach and attachable) both 0$ options.
PTV is standard on GTS models , correct me if i am wrong.
Can you post few picks of your car's trunk ? I am sure the default "718 boxter GTS" looks too big .
I hope I get atleast ~7-8% discount.
Thanks in advance.
Old 06-03-2018, 03:50 PM
manifold danger
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,133 Likes on 638 Posts

PTV is standard on GTS... which brings me to my point of encouraging you to reconsider getting a GTS and opt for a well-optioned S for your particular build. You're optioning out some of the key upgrades you get from a GTS:

- You're getting a black on black car, the GTS trim pieces are black and won't contrast as much.
- You're opting for 18-way black leather with alcantara delete
- You're paying extra for a yellow seat belt, which isn't included in the GTS package anyway
- All '19 MY cars come with sport exhaust as standard
- You're considering deleting the model designation

Consider running through the configurator with an S and pick and choose your options, you'll save a few grand. I did a cursory run myself and your build sheet sets the MSRP over $100k, with an S and the same options (including SC, PTV, PASM, Carrera S wheels, and even black tail pipes) it comes to just over $95k. That would put you essentially at 5% discount right there already, and dealers may consider additional discount on an S over a GTS (not sure on that part but it's worth considering).

You can always pick up that 15 extra horsepower through the aftermarket if it's that important; I haven't seen or read any reviews suggesting that the 15 extra horsepower is even considerably noticeable over the S. For me a big part of the appeal of the GTS model is the relatively standalone aesthetic upgrades in the interior and exterior, of which you're either electing to delete or won't be able to notice as much on a black car.

Also a couple other thoughts:

What's wrong with Alcantara? I originally would have made the same choice as you before I got my BGTS. I absolutely love it now. It feels amazing, especially on the seats, and it's easier to clean than most people would suggest. Try it before electing to delete it (I think it's actually cheaper). Plus, the GTS interior package with the added alcantara and the contrast stitching is one of the coolest looking interiors of any car IMO. It's expensive, but I think it will be a push if you move away from the leather.

If you insist on sticking with the leather, consider the 14-way seats. I have 14-way in my Macan, and 18-way in my 981 GTS. I can't really say I notice a huge difference with the 18-way. You can't get the 14-way seats with Alcantara though, at least not in the configurator.

Consider the sport suspension. Another choice I wouldn't have made until I bought a car with it equipped, and now like the Alcantara, I love it and wouldn't have it any other way.
Old 06-03-2018, 04:09 PM
rdmustang
Advanced

Originally Posted by vasudev gawde
Thank you , I haven't contacted any dealers yet but I would keep your tips in my mind when I do.
When do I expect the car to be delivered if i order the car(Boxter 718 GTS 2019) on (say 15th june 2018).
How much deposit should i Pay at the time of booking?
The first 2019 allocations start in July for a late September delivery. That's what I have. If you order in June you may get a July allocation or you may get a later one depending on what the dealer has. They can only order a set number of cars.

I didn't haggle too much with deposit. I received quotes of $1k, $3k and $5k and used the $1k as a requirement when negotiating. If you don't mind buying out of state you can probably get bigger discounts from the 2 largest Porsche dealers in the US (Beverly Hills or Jack Daniels in NJ). At a minimum you can try and get local dealers to match their offers. I would do the best you can locally and then hit up one of the largest two and then give local dealers a chance to match.
Old 06-03-2018, 04:59 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 708 Likes on 413 Posts

I find the 2 way Sport seats to work really well for me 5' 10" 155#. I have driven back to back 600+ mile days, 1Lap of America, without any issues and I'm no spring chicken. Sit in the various seats and see how they feel.

Peter
Old 06-04-2018, 04:29 PM
vasudev gawde
Track Day

Originally Posted by manifold danger
PTV is standard on GTS... which brings me to my point of encouraging you to reconsider getting a GTS and opt for a well-optioned S for your particular build. You're optioning out some of the key upgrades you get from a GTS:

- You're getting a black on black car, the GTS trim pieces are black and won't contrast as much.
- You're opting for 18-way black leather with alcantara delete
- You're paying extra for a yellow seat belt, which isn't included in the GTS package anyway
- All '19 MY cars come with sport exhaust as standard
- You're considering deleting the model designation

Consider running through the configurator with an S and pick and choose your options, you'll save a few grand. I did a cursory run myself and your build sheet sets the MSRP over $100k, with an S and the same options (including SC, PTV, PASM, Carrera S wheels, and even black tail pipes) it comes to just over $95k. That would put you essentially at 5% discount right there already, and dealers may consider additional discount on an S over a GTS (not sure on that part but it's worth considering).

You can always pick up that 15 extra horsepower through the aftermarket if it's that important; I haven't seen or read any reviews suggesting that the 15 extra horsepower is even considerably noticeable over the S. For me a big part of the appeal of the GTS model is the relatively standalone aesthetic upgrades in the interior and exterior, of which you're either electing to delete or won't be able to notice as much on a black car.

Also a couple other thoughts:

What's wrong with Alcantara? I originally would have made the same choice as you before I got my BGTS. I absolutely love it now. It feels amazing, especially on the seats, and it's easier to clean than most people would suggest. Try it before electing to delete it (I think it's actually cheaper). Plus, the GTS interior package with the added alcantara and the contrast stitching is one of the coolest looking interiors of any car IMO. It's expensive, but I think it will be a push if you move away from the leather.

If you insist on sticking with the leather, consider the 14-way seats. I have 14-way in my Macan, and 18-way in my 981 GTS. I can't really say I notice a huge difference with the 18-way. You can't get the 14-way seats with Alcantara though, at least not in the configurator.

Consider the sport suspension. Another choice I wouldn't have made until I bought a car with it equipped, and now like the Alcantara, I love it and wouldn't have it any other way.
1) My initial plan was to buy boxter S and not GTS , but then for alacantara seats i switched it to GTS.
But after watching Nick Murrey's video on youtube I changed my mind, Personally i have never touched alacantara. I would visit porsche dealer this weekend and check it out.
2) Yes , My preference for Color is black, and the black GTS trims won't contrast. I want to stick to black color atleast
3) Comming back to the main point , GTS vs S, I tried the same configuration for S in configurator (turned out to be ~95$K) I can save 5K here , But if i choose to opt GTS i would keep the alacantara.
I am mostly inclined towards GTS more than S.
4) What is "model designation"? I am sorry if it sounds a stupid question.

Thanks you in advance
Old 06-04-2018, 04:32 PM
vasudev gawde
Track Day

The first 2019 allocations start in July for a late September delivery. That's what I have. If you order in June you may get a July allocation or you may get a later one depending on what the dealer has. They can only order a set number of cars.

I didn't haggle too much with deposit. I received quotes of $1k, $3k and $5k and used the $1k as a requirement when negotiating. If you don't mind buying out of state you can probably get bigger discounts from the 2 largest Porsche dealers in the US (Beverly Hills or Jack Daniels in NJ). At a minimum you can try and get local dealers to match their offers. I would do the best you can locally and then hit up one of the largest two and then give local dealers a chance to match.
Thank you rddustang, I would contact dealers this weekend.
I am focusing on finalizing my build right now.
Getting a delivery in late sep or early October would be an issue for me as it will start snow here in michigan. I also need recommendation for tires. Does default tires good for winter?
Old 06-04-2018, 04:34 PM
vasudev gawde
Track Day

Originally Posted by 85Gold
I find the 2 way Sport seats to work really well for me 5' 10" 155#. I have driven back to back 600+ mile days, 1Lap of America, without any issues and I'm no spring chicken. Sit in the various seats and see how they feel.

Peter
Yes , I would check different seats this weekend when i visit the showroom
I also need to know the difference between different ways of seats.
2 way
14 way
18 way
Old 06-04-2018, 05:25 PM
rdmustang
Advanced

Yes , I would check different seats this weekend when i visit the showroom
I also need to know the difference between different ways of seats.
2 way
14 way
18 way
You have standard seats and sports seats. Standard seats (2-way and 14-way) are wider, easier to get in and out of and are better for larger people. Sports seats (2-way and 18-way) have larger bolsters, snug you better on turns, can be uncomfortable for larger people.
Old 06-04-2018, 05:26 PM
rdmustang
Advanced

Thank you rddustang, I would contact dealers this weekend.
I am focusing on finalizing my build right now.
Getting a delivery in late sep or early October would be an issue for me as it will start snow here in michigan. I also need recommendation for tires. Does default tires good for winter?
You may be able to get a 2018 order for June which would be a late July/early August delivery. The car comes with one of 3 different tires (whatever Porsche chooses). We don't get much winter weather here so I can't speak to winter handling, sorry.
Old 06-04-2018, 08:52 PM
vasudev gawde
Track Day

You have standard seats and sports seats. Standard seats (2-way and 14-way) are wider, easier to get in and out of and are better for larger people. Sports seats (2-way and 18-way) have larger bolsters, snug you better on turns, can be uncomfortable for larger people.
I have athletic build and i am not a big guy lol
I should go with Plus seats i guess
Old 06-05-2018, 12:35 AM
rdmustang
Advanced

I have athletic build and i am not a big guy lol
I should go with Plus seats i guess
I would still go and sit in them. I would start by seeing if you like the sports seats or the sports seats plus. Then determine if you are OK with manually adjusted seats or power adjusted. The difference isn't just power but the number of ways the seats adjust. The 2-way adjust 6 ways (2 power and 4 manually) and the 14 or 18 way seats adjust in more directions including lumbar support.

Personally I like the sports seats and LOVE the sports plus seats. The power adjustment isn't all the big of a deal to me but I am adding it to my build.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New member introduction and new GTS boxter build help