cvb
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last edited by cvb; 03-27-2018 at 05:46 PM. Reason: deleting
Old 03-27-2018, 05:42 PM
cvb
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I must say I was tempted to delete the model designation on the back. "718 Boxster GTS" is sooo wordy (pic below). But I'd rather get the letters and decide later if I want to do something....like remove everything else and center "GTS" on the back.

Old 03-27-2018, 10:49 PM
OldJedi
Burning Brakes

Received 563 Likes on 283 Posts

CVB, I felt it was way too wordy and felt it took away from the clean look I wanted for the car. I kept the GTS on the lower edge of the doors but painted the PORSCHE in black to try to keep it clean looking. Plus I clean my wife’s Boxster and the letters on the bumper always seem to to gather dirt.
Old 04-26-2018, 01:54 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 709 Likes on 414 Posts

So I finally got to the dealer, just got weight bearing from a broken hip, and drove a CS with Sport Chrono and PDK. Always been a MT fan and after driving the PDK I am still a MT driver. The PDK was guick but I didn't get the visceral feel that a well execute MT downshift gives me. So I changed the order to MT from PDK and used the $$ saved to add a little leather to the interior. Order goes V200 next week with delivery sometime in early August.

Peter
Old 04-27-2018, 02:09 AM
Suicide Jockey
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by 85Gold
So I finally got to the dealer, just got weight bearing from a broken hip, and drove a CS with Sport Chrono and PDK. Always been a MT fan and after driving the PDK I am still a MT driver. The PDK was guick but I didn't get the visceral feel that a well execute MT downshift gives me. So I changed the order to MT from PDK and used the $$ saved to add a little leather to the interior. Order goes V200 next week with delivery sometime in early August.

Peter, when you mentioned your broken hip I thought for sure you were going to say you decided on PDK because operating a clutch had proved difficult/painful. Glad to hear that's not the case!

Congrats on your order and best wishes for a speedy and full recovery on that hip.
Old 07-25-2018, 12:48 PM
JAhmed
Rennlist Member

Received 1,777 Likes on 756 Posts

Originally Posted by 85Gold

Peter
Getting close to delivery time?!
Old 07-25-2018, 02:51 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 709 Likes on 414 Posts

Originally Posted by JAhmed
Getting close to delivery time?!
Car arrived in Jax Tuesday. I hope or should have it by the end of July, my dealer is only 180 miles from Jax.

Already have 245/275 19" RE-71R tires and OZ 8.5" front and 11" rear rims. Rennline front Jack pads/tie down points, and front toe hook. As soon as it is in I will schedule the clear bra install and order Ferodo race pads from Clark at Apex. 1st AutoX and final break in is scheduled for Aug 18 and a private track day at Sebring the 1st part of Sept, SCCA TT Nationals at the end of Sept at NCM.

Will see how the balance is and then decide if I need a bigger rear sway bar. Rennline is supposed to be working on a set of grill screens for the GTS.

Peter

Quick Reply: Build thread 718 GTS