718 S/GTS clearance - Page 2 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices
718 Forum The forum for the 718 Boxster Cayman Variants

718 S/GTS clearance

Old 03-08-2018, 02:19 PM
iliveoncaffiene
User

I live in Cleveland (crappy roads just like NYC: check), and my 19" wheels as far as ride harshness goes are a little rough over rough train tracks / broken surfaces (I do actively avoid potholes though) but for the most part OK.
Ground clearance wise, I've never had any issues - but I'm not 20mm lower (that's only 0.75" though).

I'm pretty sure you'll manage just fine with it, and the areas that would give you trouble will give most other cars trouble too
That being said, don't lower it even more
Old 03-08-2018, 05:20 PM
JKE_MN
Addict
Rennlist Member

Even if I knew I had the clearance, it would work my nerves worrying about it. Get the 718 for the weekends and get a beater for driving in the city.
Old 03-13-2018, 08:37 AM
porker123
User

I'm in London and have the 718 GTS as my daily driver.

As has been said before, the set up and suspension is pretty good for a car of this type. Even going over uneven city roads and potholes it copes very well.

The lowered ride of 10mm and GTS bodykit has not caused me any issues and I have to navigate a large number of speed humps. Yes I have to slow down for them but no more in a GTS than I would do in the S.

IMO, if you're going to get a 718, then get whichever model you want. I don't think that any of them will be noticeably better or worse to deal with big city driving conditions.
Old 03-13-2018, 09:19 AM
itsujack
Addict
Rennlist Member

I read the title of this thread and thought Porsche was discounting 718's... sorry, as you were.
Old 03-13-2018, 09:33 AM
porker123
User

Originally Posted by itsujack View Post
I read the title of this thread and thought Porsche was discounting 718's... sorry, as you were.
I was lucky enough to pick up my 718 GTS on a "buy one, get one free" offer.
Old 03-18-2018, 12:39 AM
hf1
Addict
Rennlist Member

What’s the point of driving any sports car in and around Manhattan? It’s a war-zone. Expect frequent tire blow-ups and bent wheels for any wheel larger than 18”.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 718 S/GTS clearance

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: