PFC 997 PCCB Replacements

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 09:05 PM
michael_mbsbrakes
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PFC 997 PCCB Replacements

Hello everyone!

We have been working with PFC (Performance Friction) over the past several weeks on an offering for Floating disc assemblies (Discs, Hats and hardware) to replace your PCCBs.
We are looking at a price point of about $ 3,500.00 for front and rear. The rears will have a "drum" to accommodate the stock E-brake. We will probably be offering a "package deal" which will include pads in an effort to make the overall cost more attractive. We need 20 orders to get this off the ground.

Looking for a show of hands to get a feel for where we might be.

Thanks!
_________

Last edited by michael_mbsbrakes; 04-16-2009 at 05:24 PM.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:19 PM
Andrew D.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In an effort to learn more - I'm assuming these are iron. Is that correct? Also, could you explain the "drum?" Do you have an idea about how much they'll weigh? Thanks!
Old 04-15-2009, 09:51 PM
_rocket
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are front discs 380mm?
Old 04-16-2009, 12:14 AM
michael_mbsbrakes
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Andrew D.
In an effort to learn more - I'm assuming these are iron. Is that correct? Also, could you explain the "drum?" Do you have an idea about how much they'll weigh? Thanks!
Yes, Cast Iron. The "drum" is the rear hat, which will slip over your stock E-brake shoes. Approximate weights, 23.3lbs front and 22.7lbs rear. They will be very similar to our GT-R rotor assemblies. I will post some pics soon.

Thanks.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:15 AM
michael_mbsbrakes
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by _rocket
Are front discs 380mm?
Correct.

More details to follow.

Thanks.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:04 AM
Greygt3
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Why not just re-use the existing stainless hat that Porsche uses on their setup? Its a sweet piece of engineering already done for you. Just build a disc to accommodate it.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:51 PM
va122
Drifting

Originally Posted by michael_mbsbrakes
Yes, Cast Iron. The "drum" is the rear hat, which will slip over your stock E-brake shoes. Approximate weights, 23.3lbs front and 22.7lbs rear. They will be very similar to our GT-R rotor assemblies. I will post some pics soon.

Thanks.
woah, hold the phone. What lets you use the rear e-brake?? PFC told me that there was no way to retain the stock e-brake. Granted this was late last year.

This is incredible timing as I'm running out of rear rotors. Please post info and PM me about a set of rears.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:39 PM
michael_mbsbrakes
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Greygt3
Why not just re-use the existing stainless hat that Porsche uses on their setup? Its a sweet piece of engineering already done for you. Just build a disc to accommodate it.
The stock assemblies don't have any Lateral float. Nor, do we have Porsches calcs. that show they can support the Iron Rotors.

Thanks.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:41 PM
michael_mbsbrakes
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by va122
woah, hold the phone. What lets you use the rear e-brake?? PFC told me that there was no way to retain the stock e-brake. Granted this was late last year.

This is incredible timing as I'm running out of rear rotors. Please post info and PM me about a set of rears.
Stock e-brake issue handled. Thanks for your interest, we need a commitment of 20 sets before the factory will put them into production.

Thanks.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:43 PM
va122
Drifting

Please PM me when you have achieved your commitment. So I can order some.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:18 PM
michael_mbsbrakes
Former Vendor

The assemblies pictured are for a Nissan GTR. The Porsche assemblies will be exactly the same design.

Old 04-16-2009, 11:47 PM
_rocket
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why does the above version have half the number of bolts than the one shown here:

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-gt2-...6-gt2-gt3.html
Old 04-17-2009, 01:12 AM
michael_mbsbrakes
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by _rocket
Why does the above version have half the number of bolts than the one shown here:

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-gt2-...6-gt2-gt3.html
This is the newer V2 design. The GT3 is V1 deign. The V2 design eliminates the bobbins, further reducing rotational and unsprung weight.

For those not familiar with Performance Friction, PFC discs have become the standard at the highest levels of professional motorsports. You will find PFC discs (and calipers, pads) in the Nascar Sprint Cup, Nationwide, and Truck series with teams like Roush Racing, Yates Racing, Evernham, KHI, and many others. PFC discs are also used throughout the highest levels of road racing including by the majority of Daytona Prototype, Koni Challenge, Atlantic, Formula Nippon, JGTC, F3, Star Mazda, and former Cart competitors to name a few. Ganassi Racing has used them to win multiple DP Championships, and the 24 Hours of Daytona 3 years in a row. In GT500, 60% of the field ran PFC discs in 2008, while 93% were on PFC pads. As for F1, it is the only non carbon brake disc package on the track.....as they are used on the AMG Pace car! The list goes on and on... Many Pro, Amateur, and Club racing Porsche's around the globe have been on PFC pads and discs for years.

They all utilize this same attachment system, which was developed specifically to eliminate vibration, pulsation, cracking, and excessive weight. The replacement discs also have a tensioned lateral float to eliminate rattle on the street. PFC is using the dimpled pattern for the direct replacement discs because they have found that they achieve all of the functionality of the slots, with significantly less pad wear. While the slots can provide more bite on high demand race applications, the current pad selections can easily achieve the usable levels of bite for this application.

It should also be noted that each and every component found around the globe bearing the Performance Friction name was produced in house at one production facility in Clover, South Carolina, and was manufactured under the most stringent quality standards in the industry.

Last edited by michael_mbsbrakes; 04-18-2009 at 12:50 PM.
Old 04-17-2009, 01:21 AM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,224 Likes on 599 Posts

are you making any for the 997tt (iron)?
Old 04-17-2009, 09:57 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Why did you choose the half drilled dimples instead of slots?

Quick Reply: PFC 997 PCCB Replacements