Sponsored by:

Fabspeed Style Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 02:58 PM
hwk72
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fabspeed Style Exhaust

Guys, there are a ton of Fabspeed Style Exhaust Systems for the 996 on ebay with a starting price of $650.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Fabsp...QQcmdZViewItem

The word "Style" indicates to me that they are re-built parts. Are they junk or worth to consider? What do you think?

Thanks, Harold
Old 12-29-2006, 03:09 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Style means knock-offs.
Old 12-29-2006, 03:27 PM
grant911
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd stay away from Ebay when it comes to parts like that for my car. I'd sooner spend the extra money and get a good quality product from a reputable site.
Old 12-29-2006, 03:39 PM
Paul 996
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The seller is VividRacing also a member here. I see no reason to be concerned. SHould be easy to call them and figure out what they are selling.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:19 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Why would you not be concerned when a seller says Fabspeed "style" exhaust? I don't care who sells them and if they are a board sponsor or not, "style" tells me cheap aisan knockoff that the vendor is making a nice profit margin on hoping to use the name "FABSPEED" in the title when it isn't. Just how in the heck it is Fabspeed anything is beyond me.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:32 PM
Paul 996
Rennlist Member

Geez let me restate that a little clearer. I would not be concerned with purchasing from Vividracing, a legitimate outfit who is also represented on this Board. Also, it would be fairly simply to get in touch with Vivid and find out exactly what product they are selling as "Fabspeed Style".

FYI: vividracing carries FabSpeed exhausts among other brands that you should recognize.

I agree that it is pretty odd to say "Style".
Old 12-29-2006, 04:37 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

You mean the same Vivid Racing that seems to NEVER answer questions on this board when members are inquiring about a product? Only thing you ever get form them is "email me" or "call me" and we can discuss it. Dan over at Vivid seems like a good guy but just NEVER seems to be stright up when people ask about the products he peddles here. Whether it be pricing or specs, you just don't get them. And for them to use Fabspeed's name to sell a non-Fabspeed product is wrong.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:42 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by LVDell
You mean the same Vivid Racing that seems to NEVER answer questions on this board when members are inquiring about a product? Only thing you ever get form them is "email me" or "call me" and we can discuss it. Dan over at Vivid seems like a good guy but just NEVER seems to be stright up when people ask about the products he peddles here. Whether it be pricing or specs, you just don't get them. And for them to use Fabspeed's name to sell a non-Fabspeed product is wrong.
+1
Old 12-29-2006, 04:54 PM
Paul 996
Rennlist Member

Great. This is what I get for trying to help someone out by providing them with some info. Let me recommend you take up your concerns with vivid and fabspeed. With that, I think I'll go for a ride in my car and get back to real life. Oh, and happy new year.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:58 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

I have no concerns with Vivid so I have no need to call them. The OP asked a question to which I gave you a response. You said not to be concerned and told you why to be concerned. Enjoy your spin around the block. I'll think I'll do the same. This board is turning my brain into mush
Old 12-29-2006, 06:44 PM
jw996
Rennlist Member

Concerning the exhaust they are selling as fab/spd style, if you click on the banner that says "see exhaust in motion" the link states agency power at the top. These exhaust are agency power. FWIW. JW
Old 12-29-2006, 07:22 PM
programmatore
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jw996
Concerning the exhaust they are selling as fab/spd style, if you click on the banner that says "see exhaust in motion" the link states agency power at the top. These exhaust are agency power. FWIW. JW
If they are indeed Agency Power mufflers then why not just say so? Why the hell call it "Fabspeed Style?" I'd stay away from this one -- deceptive marketing practices are a red flag for me.
Old 12-29-2006, 07:52 PM
Nutbeem
Burning Brakes

Exhaust from Fabspeed itself is only $900, so I wouldn't chance it.
Old 12-29-2006, 09:06 PM
996 MBA CFA
Instructor

The reality is, both Fabspeed and Vivid Racing get their exhaust systems from over seas. The rest is marketing and for those who are not familiar with a particular company's product, the marketing material is all you have to go with. While you are chancing what you're getting with the exhaust that these guys are selling, they have a reputation to uphold also as they are both well known among rennlisters and 6speed'ers. While both F and VR probably don't get their parts from the same factory overseas, I would not be suprised if they are fairly close in design.

If you want an exhaust, and if you want to save a little bit of money, and if you don't care if what your putting on has the word Fabspeed or Agency Power (Vivid's brand) etched on it, then just buy the generic. Most people, including you yourself, will probably not know the difference.

If fitment is an issue, which is highly unlikely, I'm sure these companies have return policies that they stand by.
Old 12-29-2006, 09:18 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by 996 MBA CFA
The reality is, both Fabspeed and Vivid Racing get their exhaust systems from over seas. The rest is marketing and for those who are not familiar with a particular company's product, the marketing material is all you have to go with. While you are chancing what you're getting with the exhaust that these guys are selling, they have a reputation to uphold also as they are both well known among rennlisters and 6speed'ers. While both F and VR probably don't get their parts from the same factory overseas, I would not be suprised if they are fairly close in design.

If you want an exhaust, and if you want to save a little bit of money, and if you don't care if what your putting on has the word Fabspeed or Agency Power (Vivid's brand) etched on it, then just buy the generic. Most people, including you yourself, will probably not know the difference.

If fitment is an issue, which is highly unlikely, I'm sure these companies have return policies that they stand by.
Hence the reason I went with the PSE. Just not worth it for me to save a few bucks. For all you know, the inferior (or unknown) design could actually be detrimental to your car's performance.

Quick Reply: Fabspeed Style Exhaust