Sponsored by:

Starke Speedster / JPS

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2017, 04:09 PM
Buteo
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Starke Speedster / JPS

I'm starting to look into replica speedsters and these popped up. I'd love a speedster that we could spec and build with modern components.

I'm not new to the kit car world- we had a F5 Daytona coupe prior to the 911 and GT4.

Anyone familiar with this builder? Looks like they take a '98-'12 boxster and build a "modern" speedster.

https://starkespeedster.com

Or go with JPS? Looks like they built a quality car that was featured on Jay Leno garage

http://www.jps-motorsports.com
Old 06-24-2017, 07:58 AM
BlackBeauty
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 66 Posts

I've been studying this for a while. Starke is brand new and is not going to have an original look or feel.

JPS is hands down best in industry with a much better suspension than Vintage Speedsters, which a friend of mine has. JPS paint jobs are also superior, bigger gas tanks, better gearing, bigger motor. You can spec a JPS for around 40k and get something that looks 85% authentic (100% to the non concours judge), and you can drive it without worrying that a rock just bounced off the inside of your wheel fender. That being said, you're going to have to sort it and of course adjust the carbs every 600 miles...
Old 06-24-2017, 06:53 PM
Buteo
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 19 Posts

Agreed- we like the style and attention to detail with JPS.

it looks like you could go with a water cooled Subaru 200hp option too-which would emlinate the adjustments I believe.

I'm considering a trip out to JPS to visit the facility and take a look at the cars first hand.
Old 06-28-2017, 05:46 PM
banzai
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOOK at INTERMECCANICA SPEEDSTERS...I disagree on JPS being the LEADER in PORSCHE REPLICAS...IM is widely considered the MASTER
Old 09-04-2017, 02:54 AM
andy928
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 18 Posts

what about rock west racing https://www.rockwestracing.com/store.../rw-speedster/ as i have been thinking also about doing something as the real ones are well out of my league.
Old 09-27-2017, 04:44 PM
808Bill
Rennlist Member

Received 805 Likes on 543 Posts

IM or Beck are your best choices.
Old 10-22-2017, 02:44 PM
Monteman
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw this in person in Vegas and it looks to be very good build quality although you couldn't get too deep into it to inspect the details. They aren't trying to make a Speedster replica but borrow much of the styling into a modern interpretation of the Speedster. Think of it as more of a hot rod since it's on a Boxster chassis.

I liked it so much that I plunked down my deposit and now in search of a very good Boxster S to build it on. We'll see how the process works. I am going to fly over to check out their facility in person before I get too far down the path.
Old 10-23-2017, 08:18 AM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Received 99 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Monteman
I saw this in person in Vegas and it looks to be very good build quality although you couldn't get too deep into it to inspect the details. They aren't trying to make a Speedster replica but borrow much of the styling into a modern interpretation of the Speedster. Think of it as more of a hot rod since it's on a Boxster chassis.

I liked it so much that I plunked down my deposit and now in search of a very good Boxster S to build it on. We'll see how the process works. I am going to fly over to check out their facility in person before I get too far down the path.
How does it work? You find the Boxster S and send it to them and they do the build? Is there an option to build it yourself form a kit?
Curious how state registration works with these. I built a Cobra kit and the registration in my state was quite a process.

Quick Reply: Starke Speedster / JPS