Sponsored by:

Looking for the right 356 driver

Old 08-11-2016, 06:33 PM
Big Al HURT123
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Looking for the right 356 driver

Hello mates,

Now that my 964 is exactly the way I want it (for now) its time to move on to my on again off again search for the right 356. Not looking for a garage queen, but an honest, rust free driver. Doesn't need to be perfect by no means as I intend to drive it a lot, as I do with my other cars. I just drove the 964 to Toronto from Miami. Great trip. I'm looking for a 356 that is capable of doing that drive as well. It would be great if it has matching numbers but not necessary. If the interior is a bit rough not an issue as I would likely update it. I'm just not into a dealing with rust or a re-paint. Would take any color except red - no disrespect just red has never been my color for anything. My budget is tight in the 45-55k range which for a driver should about right i'm guessing. If anyone knows of a car or is interested in selling theirs please message me here, Thanks.
Old 08-12-2016, 06:53 PM
irish guitar
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 14 Posts

I can't profess to be an expert on pricing, but I don't recall seeing any driver 356 in that price range in a long, long time.

Good luck with the search and keep us updated, thx.

Vivian
Old 08-12-2016, 08:05 PM
Big Al HURT123
Rennlist Member

55 seems to be the sweet spot for drivers. I've entertained several at that price and actually found one today that I'm having a look at next week. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 08-14-2016, 04:31 AM
irish guitar
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Al HURT123
55 seems to be the sweet spot for drivers. I've entertained several at that price and actually found one today that I'm having a look at next week. Keeping my fingers crossed.
I'm looking for a donor car for an Emory Outlaw build. If you find a solid driver in that price range with good bodywork that you're not interested in, please let me know, thanks. I'm less interested in matching numbers/engine etc., but very interested in solid body panels/structure. I'm only interested in an A or pre-A coupe.

If you wish to increase the budget for the car you're searching for, I have an almost show-car quality/very high-end driver '56 type 1 A coupe with bee hives that I would be willing to sell, but the price would be a bit more than twice that of your current budget.

Good luck with the search, and after all, as car enthusiasts, we both know that the search is the bigger part of the thrill!

Best,

Vivian

Good luck in your search.
Old 08-17-2016, 06:31 AM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Al HURT123
Hello mates,

Now that my 964 is exactly the way I want it (for now) its time to move on to my on again off again search for the right 356. Not looking for a garage queen, but an honest, rust free driver. Doesn't need to be perfect by no means as I intend to drive it a lot, as I do with my other cars. I just drove the 964 to Toronto from Miami. Great trip. I'm looking for a 356 that is capable of doing that drive as well. It would be great if it has matching numbers but not necessary. If the interior is a bit rough not an issue as I would likely update it. I'm just not into a dealing with rust or a re-paint. Would take any color except red - no disrespect just red has never been my color for anything. My budget is tight in the 45-55k range which for a driver should about right i'm guessing. If anyone knows of a car or is interested in selling theirs please message me here, Thanks.
Bob Campbell is a good guy and sells 356's (many on consignment), he has some interesting cars. Depending upon what you want, you don't need to spend an arm and a leg for a decent driver. I recently had him look at my '60 T5 coupe, which I am reluctantly thinking about selling for lack of time to spend with it. Check out his inventory: http://s487613420.onlinehome.us
Old 08-17-2016, 09:30 AM
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 196 Likes on 131 Posts

Interesting site Jim. His cars seem reasonable as well.
Old 08-23-2016, 10:14 PM
Big Al HURT123
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jcnesq
Bob Campbell is a good guy and sells 356's (many on consignment), he has some interesting cars. Depending upon what you want, you don't need to spend an arm and a leg for a decent driver. I recently had him look at my '60 T5 coupe, which I am reluctantly thinking about selling for lack of time to spend with it. Check out his inventory: http://s487613420.onlinehome.us
I'm just seeing this now. Thank you!
Old 09-27-2016, 12:39 PM
Big Al HURT123
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jcnesq
Originally Posted by points
Interesting site Jim. His cars seem reasonable as well.
I spoke to bob and we had a great chat. The cars on his site are rather dated which I assumed was the case based on the prices. He didn't have anything that would really work for me but will keep an eye out. So the search goes on.
Old 12-18-2016, 10:01 PM
zoomie50
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck finding a truly rust free 356 for that price with numbers matching. I am not saying you can't-but... I understand your not wanting red. I have never really been drawn to red Porsches but loved a red 911SC I had for 7 years and currently have a red 65C Outlaw as a winter project- Fun to drive with a Skirmants massaged 912 with 1720 kit. Saving grace is car was originally Dolphin Grey.Dash is still original paint. Has mini lite wheels but I have the original wheels and deck lid ,rear bumper and a new front bumper also. Who knows it may be Dolphin Grey again by spring. Yes it needed new tires and shocks when I bought it but because of that I got it for the low 40's and happy to have something to do over the cold Northern winter. The last owner only drove it 4K miles in 8 years and rebuilt the transmission ( by Eric Wills) 4 months before I bought it.

Last edited by zoomie50; 12-18-2016 at 10:17 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Looking for the right 356 driver