good 356 for sale?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 05:42 AM
ked
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default good 356 for sale?

saw this nicely-stated post on the Registry and it struck me (& btw I have no connection) as a possibility for someone seeking a 356 to drive & enjoy. so...

"Hello All,
Well the time has come to let my little red coupe go. It's the best offer over
23K and it will be yours. I would like to avoid the eBay or Craigslist type
options. I live in Vancouver WA, the car is always garaged, never driven in our Northwest weather.
It's a 1962 356 T-6 1600S Red with a red interior. It runs very strong,
has no apparent rust, gaps are good, comes from Oklahoma have some early
registration info. I drove it from Tulsa to Vancouver with no problems.
It has around 63,000 miles and the engine was overhauled about 4 years ago. I drips a little oil after a long drive, I have changed the oil and filter every 1000 miles. It has matching numbers, newer brakes, no electrical issues. Tires are good not great. New spare. The fuel tank was removed cleaned and sealed about three years ago. It will need a tranny overhaul in its future, it works well, but just have to be gentle in shifting gears.
The oil pressure guage does not work, the clock and radio either. The clock
will sometimes run a little, then quit. (dealer installed Motorola tube radio)
I would say it's in very good or better condition, one could drive it every day,
I am selling it because it has become the proverbial garage queen. This is the third 356 I have owned, probably not the last, but right now I need the cash for a new business venture. I just thought some one on this list would like the first shot. I am no expert, like a lot of the contributors on this list, I am just stating my honest opinion of the car. I will be glad to answer any questions, but will not be amenable to justifying my asking price. I will put up some pictures in a day or two.
Dennis"
Old 03-27-2007, 06:42 AM
Johnny G Pipe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 18 Posts

Nice and honestly described, thanks for the heads up - I'm still strongly considering importing a driver.

..the 'transmission overhaul' could be linkage bushes - or more likely, as he's a seasoned owner, full tear down for synchros etc. Probably still about right for the price?

Last edited by Johnny G Pipe; 03-27-2007 at 07:10 AM.
Old 03-27-2007, 03:39 PM
drodg
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

I sent the person an email but I can't see where to call him. He doesn't seem to list a phone number.
Old 03-27-2007, 04:20 PM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

I saw that on the 356 Talk List too, and it sounds like a reasonably priced car which should make a very nice driver, assuming its together as it looks. (From experience, I know that all the little stuff can add up quickly, as I continue to freshen and improve my 60 B Coupe.)

The seller posted this link for pictures: http://www.356clubbbs.org/index.php?a=thread&p=1066.

I have the seller's email address (don't know him at all) but I don't want to post it, but you can PM me and I'll pass it on.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:56 PM
texas911
Race Car

Anyone else have an opinion on this one? Looks kinda like a fair price.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:50 PM
Pedro356C
Drifting

It looks like a nice car...I'd like better pics from the panel gaps though...the carpet looks like the original German red square weave one but I don't think red/red was an option for the 1962 BT6...it's probably a repaint...I believe color is Signal red...I'd say price is good and a PPI is a great idea...especially to look for hidden structural rust if any, or major accidents that might affect the car's structure...Engine looks very clean...generator looks brand new!

Quick Reply: good 356 for sale?