Sponsored by:

"Real" value of 356's

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2002, 09:13 PM
Erick
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post "Real" value of 356's

It might be interesting to see what criteria is used for the latest values on 356's in Excellence. I bring this up because "poor" in the eyes of Bruce Anderson must be somewhat different then my own. Poor to me has always represented incomplete, bondo, mismatched parts, reconstructed etc. If a poor example (unless a rare model) could command some $16,000 and it would take an additional $20-30 thousand dollars to make it presentable yet not showable I cannot understand where the value would be. Most probably there is a distinction that I do not understand nor for that matter would anyone that has read the article based on it's content. I would pay the price for a 356 which had character and with total investment would not exceed the good to excellent condition price, however I will never buy junk thinking it with polishing will turn to gold............

Me thinks that two additional catagories ought to be added to the "car value" chart. Rough and salvage which appear all too often represented as "poor" by the seller.

Just my simple 2 cents as an old car guy and one from the era of $500 speedsters and $250 coupes (rough ofcourse..... ).

Quick Reply: "Real" value of 356's