Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 07:00 PM
Temple
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Los Angeles Ride?

Hello 356ers,

With the recent loss of my 993, I've started looking for a replacement and I'm actually quite tempted by a 356. (Ideally, I'd have both). However, this desire is based largely on looks and sound as I have not had the privilege of driving or even riding in a 356 yet.

Hence, I'm wondering if any rennlisters with a 356 in the L.A. area that would be willing to let me get a sense of what they are like (either as a passenger or as a driver). If you would be, please send me a PM.

(The reason for this request is that my wife had lusted after a '65 mustang for a long time and when we finally went to buy one, the test drive revealed so many driving characteristics that horrified her that we have never looked at another one -- I sincerely doubt a 356 will have the same effect on me, but I'd like to make sure since they are a tad more pricey than a vintage mustang...)

Otherwise, I'm planning on heading down to European Collectibles in Costa Mesa for a taste.

Thanks in advance
Old 05-08-2006, 11:44 PM
ked
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Euro Collect. is a good operation, so is Bob Campbell's 356 Sales.
if you & your wife loved all the "flaws" of the 993 so much that you want something about 5 times
"worse", then a 356 will be just the ticket. see if you can attend a 356 Registry or Porsche 356 Club event in the LA area, where many members live. www.356registry.org
good luck (& sorry about your 993!)

Quick Reply: Los Angeles Ride?