PPI In San Jose or San Francisco

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2004, 08:48 PM
skipper
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PPI In San Jose or San Francisco

Hey Guys,
I am thinging of having a 356 A inspected before I think about purchasing. Is there a good shop you guys recommend that can do a complete inspection (compression check, etc). I have never owned a 356 but I am always looking. Is there a good "what to look for" thread that I can read?
Thanks again.
rene
Old 10-22-2004, 10:09 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 357 Likes on 158 Posts

Go to www.356registry.org scroll down to technical info. There will be a map of the country and will show 356 registry members and shops that will do PPIs in that specific area. Cost can run from "free" to 300 bucks.
In areas to look (out) for in purchasing a 356.......RUST!
Matching numbers, original paint color and interior will make the car more desirable (valuable). History of past owners and when/what work was done to the car is helpful. Of course if the car passes a PPI and is not the original color and has no history etc. and you have fallen in love it doesn't really matter!
Do you know the differences between an 'A' car and a B or C car? If not I would suggest doing some reading up on 356s. There are alot of good, informative books to help you figure out which car is best for you.

Good luck and let us know what you find out,

Robert
Old 10-25-2004, 12:52 PM
skipper
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks

Thanks for the information. The car I wanted to have someone look at sold. It was an E-bay car and the sale is not over but I got an email saying that the car is sold. I am not sure if it is a good idea buying a car from e-bay but I have not seen too many 356 A for sale. I am looking for something that I can drive and that is complete. I would not mind joining a local 356 club to learn more about these cars. I am a member of the Registery club. Is there any local 356 activities happening in the near future? Well thanks for the help and I will keep looking.
rene

Quick Reply: PPI In San Jose or San Francisco