Sponsored by:

Top Gear Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 11:36 PM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Received 926 Likes on 556 Posts
Default Top Gear Porsche

I see a company called Top Gear Porsche on ebay frequently and they appear to have some very nice 993's at more reasonable prices than most dealers. Does anyone have any expperience with them that they would care to share?
Old 01-31-2013, 01:29 PM
wisky
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Onami
I see a company called Top Gear Porsche on ebay frequently and they appear to have some very nice 993's at more reasonable prices than most dealers. Does anyone have any expperience with them that they would care to share?
I purchased my high mileage 996 C4S from these guys a couple years ago. Very impressive inventory/ operation - lots of super clean 993's and 930's, it looks like an absolute toy store inside there. They are nice guys and know their Porsches well. There was a small hiccup with the DMV work but they made it right and paid for my registration to make up for the slight headache. I would do business with them again - I honestly feel like I got a great deal on my car and it has served me well despite the fact that it has over 100k miles now.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:44 PM
pirahna
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 634 Likes on 399 Posts

Most of what I see written about them is not positive but there have been a few Rennlisters that have had positive experiences with them. I would approach dealing with them with caution and do your due diligence on any car you are considering.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:05 PM
mdude
Burning Brakes

Received 353 Likes on 190 Posts

As long as:

1) price is fair
2) car has been serviced by reputable air-cooled shop, and you can always verify by calling the shop and chatting up the car's maintenance history (and bypass any concern the dealer's books and records are doctored)
3) passes PPI from a shop of your choosing

I will buy from any dealer, even those that don't have a good rep on this forum.

That said, try buying from a private seller. Less markup, direct knowledge of car, someone else on this and other p-car boards may know something, much easier to work w/ PPI-wise...
Old 01-31-2013, 03:45 PM
CamsPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 544 Likes on 235 Posts

The Ocean Blue Metallic/Cashmere Turbo looks awesome!

I'm biased of course....

Quick Reply: Top Gear Porsche