Notices

Recommend a good Wheel Alignment shop- Norcal

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2017, 04:23 AM
vg247
Pro

Received 67 Likes on 50 Posts
Default Recommend a good Wheel Alignment shop- Norcal

It's been five years since I had mine done and heard great things about Custom Alignment in Mountain View...

I'm looking for street alignment so my 997.2 feels tighter at turns and not so loose even on straightaways.

I have custom stepped lipped RG5 wheels and would hope the shop doesn't scratch them during the alignment.

Who have you guys used and recommend base on the above criterias?

Is Custom Alignment still highly recommended?

Last edited by vg247; 02-11-2017 at 11:24 AM.
Old 02-11-2017, 04:33 AM
boostedt0y
Banned

Received 79 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by vg247
It's been five years since I had mine done and heard great things about Custom Alignment in Mountain View...

I'm looking for street alignment so my 997.2 feels tighter at turns and not so loose even on straightaways.

I have custom stepped lipped RG5 wheel and would hope the shop doesn't scratch them during the alignment.

Who have you guys used and recommend base on the above criterias?

Is Custom Alignment still highly recommended?
TC Design or SP Motorsports does alignment on my gt3. Never had any issues scratching my bbs e07 or Hre wheels.
Old 02-11-2017, 04:57 AM
vg247
Pro

Originally Posted by boostedt0y
TC Design or SP Motorsports does alignment on my gt3. Never had any issues scratching my bbs e07 or Hre wheels.
Thanks, they did my first alignment at the old shop. I wasn't too impressed with the handling while I must say they worked hard paid a lot of attention to the details adjusting and did not rough up my wheels. Good people but was hoping to give someone else a try.
Old 02-11-2017, 10:53 AM
david
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

It sounds as if you are located in the SB however if you are closed to the NB, Dependable in San Rafael is used by many local Porsche (and other more exotic) pilots.

They've been aligning my rides for >20 years and they do great work.

(No vested interest yada yada just a fully satisfied customer.)
Old 02-11-2017, 11:22 AM
vg247
Pro

Originally Posted by david
It sounds as if you are located in the SB however if you are closed to the NB, Dependable in San Rafael is used by many local Porsche (and other more exotic) pilots.

They've been aligning my rides for >20 years and they do great work.

(No vested interest yada yada just a fully satisfied customer.)
Thanks david- I am in Santa Clara/Sunnyvale so San Rafael is a bit far for me unfortunately.
Old 02-11-2017, 11:35 AM
boostedt0y
Banned

Thanks david- I am in Santa Clara/Sunnyvale so San Rafael is a bit far for me unfortunately.
Sorry to hear you didn't like TC design.

if you are in Santa Clara/Sunnyvale you can try Sonic MS in San Jose off of Brokaw or Edge Motorsports in Mountain View.
Old 02-11-2017, 11:42 AM
vg247
Pro

Sorry to hear you didn't like TC design.

if you are in Santa Clara/Sunnyvale you can try Sonic MS in San Jose off of Brokaw or Edge Motorsports in Mountain View.
Appreciate the additional resources boosted' - I'm familiar with Sonic back when Darwin ran it a few years ago loved how it was then. Have no experience with the current group since they seem to specialize on BMW's more.

I'll speak to both and give them a try if I'm comfortable.
Old 02-11-2017, 11:54 AM
boostedt0y
Banned

Appreciate the additional resources boosted' - I'm familiar with Sonic back when Darwin ran it a few years ago loved how it was then. Have no experience with the current group since they seem to specialize on BMW's more.

I'll speak to both and give them a try if I'm comfortable.
andrew who is running it and Barrett the head mechanic still do great work. There are porsches there all the time getting work done. In fact I was there on Wednesday for work on my m3 and their shop was filled with 911s getting a range of work done from alignment to turbo upgrades.

-carlo
Old 02-11-2017, 01:33 PM
vg247
Pro

andrew who is running it and Barrett the head mechanic still do great work. There are porsches there all the time getting work done. In fact I was there on Wednesday for work on my m3 and their shop was filled with 911s getting a range of work done from alignment to turbo upgrades.

-carlo
Terrific Carlo, many thanks - I know Barrett from before, I'll take mine to them.

Cheers.

Quick Reply: Recommend a good Wheel Alignment shop- Norcal