Notices

Park Place Ltd, Bellevue, strange place?

Old 12-05-2016, 04:27 PM
skynet
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Park Place Ltd, Bellevue, strange place?

Anyone dealt with Park Place in Bellevue, WA? Seems like their cars sit a long time.
Old 12-06-2016, 02:50 PM
Tonydec
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 89 Likes on 65 Posts

Purchased my 993 there. They do start their pricing on the high end, and I negotiated and settled on a price I was willing to pay. They did try a game to raise the price at first, and I made it clear I wasn't playing that game.

My salesman was disappointing IMHO. I had gone in to look at what they have since they do seem to have a good variety at most times. They didn't have what I wanted, and I had a pretty detailed conversation with the salesman. I was pretty specific in what I was looking for, that I had been looking for a few months and had visited dealerships and private owners from Portland to Snohomish. I would think that had demonstrated that I was a serious buyer and not a tire kicker. I left him my information, and asked that if they get anything in that fit my desires to contact me. Never heard a peep. I still checked their website regularly and called him as part of my continuing search. Lo and behold, I see a car listed they had just taken in trade. I called him, confirmed the car was still available and drove right up. I let him know I was a little disappointed that he gaffed me. I should have asked for another salesman. I still think maybe he thought he was dealing with a 'wannabe' until I said I would be paying cash. Even my daughter who was 15-16 at the time, noticed the sudden change in demeanor and mentioned it unprompted.

I imagine a dealership like that probably gets more than their fair share of looky-loos due to the inventory (they do have some cool stuff) but I did everything I thought I could do to show I was a serious buyer i.e. I knew the product, had a list of wants/do not wants, didn't ask for test drives or even wasted his time looking at things I had no interest in at all and maintained contact. In all honesty, I was treated better at most all other dealerships of different brands of vehicles I had purchased in the past, and while looking for the 993. I was hoping for a better experience. It boiled down to the fact that they had a car I wanted that I had been searching for at a price I felt was fair, so I overlooked the salesman.

I now know of a salesman there that may provide a better experience if you have any questions.
Old 12-07-2016, 12:21 AM
Poppahay
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Had a good experience

I recently bought a 997.1tt from them and had a good experience. I stop buy and look around frequently. THey usually have a lot of interesting vehicles. Best selection of used Porsches in the Seattle area, as well as a healthy selection of other vehicles. My salesman was great. Knowledgeable and friendly, ready to meet me whenever I wanted to answer questions or work around my schedule. They did just move across the street do now have a large indoor showroom that is still under construction. Good luck in your search.
Old 12-11-2016, 02:09 AM
C4WIDEBODY
Advanced

I was going to purchase a 993 C4S a month ago from them. My sales guy Victor was very courteous at first. I put a deposit ($8k) so he would take the car off the market. I was told the car was in great condition, no accidents, clean car fax, etc... I had a PPI done and found out there was body work done on the rear of the car which resulted from very likely an accident. Naturally I backed away from the purchase but have yet to get a credit from my $8k deposit. I made phones calls, texted, and sent emails about it with not a single reply. Must have made 5-6 attempts. I finally called my credit card company to dispute the charge.

Really sad to see what seemed to be a reputable shop handle things this way.

I am waiting to get my refund from my credit card company before I blast them on Yelp.

Would hate for someone else to have to experience something like this.

Whatever you do. Don't put a deposit and get a proper PPI done.

If you need proof of my experience, send me a Pm and I'll be glad to provide.

Good luck friend.
Old 12-11-2016, 11:23 PM
skynet
Rennlist Member

Hi C4Widebody, that is sad to hear. Do you think they considered your 8K a non-refundable deposit?

I notice from cargurus.com, they have 25 later model 911s listed on their site, yet 13 of them have been on cargurus over 120 days, that's astonishing. I have to assume those are consignment cars because what shop could eat that much depreciation?
Old 12-12-2016, 01:08 AM
C4WIDEBODY
Advanced

Skynet.

Yes Indeed. They sent me a form to sign which stated something like that. I refused and had them change the language to where the purchase was contingent on financing approval. It was an $80k car hencce the $8k deposit (10%). and still had to deal with all the trouble when the car was not as described.

I was going to buy a blue c4s sight unseen and relied on the PPI which was done at Squire's Autowerks. That is truly a classy shop. They did the PPI for me and ended up not charging me for it cause the car was not what I expected. I think they felt bad that I had to go through the experience. If you ever need PORSCHE service, I would recommend them. Jason the owner was really a Porsche expert.

There are plenty of good cars and people out there that will sell you the perfect car and be honest about it. This place, in my experience, is not one of them.

What are you looking to purchase? I am sure RL members can point you the right direction.
RL has been my most valuable source of info.
Old 12-14-2016, 07:06 PM
doublecabmel
Three Wheelin'

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

They still have their blue 97 993 TTs asking $795
Old 12-14-2016, 08:23 PM
skynet
Rennlist Member

C4WIDEBODY, did you get your money back yet?

Its a shame Park Place is like that, the supply of 911s in the Pacific Northwest is terrible.

The local dealers (sunshine, bellevue, roger jobs, larson) have a combined total of one 991 car less than 100k!
Old 12-24-2016, 12:20 AM
starvational
Instructor

Originally Posted by skynet
C4WIDEBODY, did you get your money back yet?

Its a shame Park Place is like that, the supply of 911s in the Pacific Northwest is terrible.

The local dealers (sunshine, bellevue, roger jobs, larson) have a combined total of one 991 car less than 100k!
Tell me about it....when I was looking early last year, I ended up having to buy from Texas and then had it shipped here . In the end, it was still cheaper than buying from the local dealers, or even from Oregon.
Old 12-24-2016, 02:10 AM
C4WIDEBODY
Advanced

Skynet,

Yes I got a credit back from my credit card company. That took about 20 days. Strange though I received a letter from some weird credit union from the NW stating my loan was not approved. First I never applied for a loan and second my credit is in the high 700s. I suspect whatever they did will cause a ding on my perfect credit profile. If I discover this to be the case, they will have some legal headaches coming there way.

I have not had time to deal with this but I will in the next few weeks.

My best recommendation is to stay away from them.

I ended up getting a 98 C2S from Indiana which I am now in love with. Better car less mileage and less headache.

Alan
Old 12-25-2016, 01:30 PM
911F1
Rennlist Member

Received 310 Likes on 192 Posts

Alan
Now Park Place knows about the accident to the rear
end because of your PPI. Yet they have no mention of it
in the description of the car. I appreciate dealers who are
upfront and mention things like this when they know about it.
I think it would show much respect if they add it to the listing.
I was interested in the same car. So glad I dodged the headache
they put you thru. Sorry to hear your experience. Where did you buy
your C2S from?
Old 12-26-2016, 10:58 AM
FruitFly
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by C4WIDEBODY
Skynet.

Yes Indeed. They sent me a form to sign which stated something like that. I refused and had them change the language to where the purchase was contingent on financing approval. It was an $80k car hencce the $8k deposit (10%). and still had to deal with all the trouble when the car was not as described.

I was going to buy a blue c4s sight unseen and relied on the PPI which was done at Squire's Autowerks. That is truly a classy shop. They did the PPI for me and ended up not charging me for it cause the car was not what I expected. I think they felt bad that I had to go through the experience. If you ever need PORSCHE service, I would recommend them. Jason the owner was really a Porsche expert.

There are plenty of good cars and people out there that will sell you the perfect car and be honest about it. This place, in my experience, is not one of them.

What are you looking to purchase? I am sure RL members can point you the right direction.
RL has been my most valuable source of info.

I was sad to see Squire retire, but then met Jason and he worked on my 78 cs to get it ready for sale. Great guy and really connected around the PNW.

I am not a super big fan of PPM. Seems a lot of the cars (if not all) are on consignment at jacked up prices.

I bought my .1 via Cantrell's. Colin is also a stand up guy, would recommend him, as well as, Jason in a heartbeat for PPI or service.
Old 12-26-2016, 10:14 PM
C2S
Intermediate

911F1,

I changed my login to C2S. I previously had a 94 C4S 964 wide body and registered as C4WIDEBODY many years back.

I bought my 98 C2S from ABREU Motors in CARMEL, IN. The owner, Fabie, is a legit guy and has many exotics. He is big on Porches thoigh. I just checked their website and it seems they have a few 993s. From talking to Fabie and getting to know him I can tell he is picky about what he carries...in other words,no questionable cars. I must have texted and talked to him more than 20 times in the 3 wk process.

As with any major purchase and especially with my recent experience from PPM, I did my due diligence and did not rush the process. I am very happy I took the time to do this. With 50k on the clock and in near perfect condition, I now can truly enjoy my 993 without any second thoughts on its condition.

What car are you looking for? I noticed you are in LA so would love to do a Porsche meet when the opportunity exists. I am trying to get a group together to share PORSCHE experiences.

If I can be of any help let me know.

Cheers

Alan.
Old 12-31-2016, 04:41 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,952 Likes on 555 Posts

watching the cars that Park Place brings to the auctions is truly fun every year. zero clue how they manage to hang onto some of this stuff for so long- I can't tell you how many times I have heard that "the cobalt 993TTs is going to sell" and keep seeing it listed at 800k...I mean...

btw anyone else think that poppa hay works there? major vague review, first post ever on rennlist?
Old 01-10-2017, 07:29 PM
CCJ
2nd Gear

While searching for a 997.2 TT I visited a couple of times and test drove a 996TT and a 997.1 TT. The salesman at one point told me that German horsepower was different while describing the car to me (I already had two performance oriented German cars) and proceeded to tell me things about my current german performance car that were untrue. I smiled and nodded along. Test drove the 997.1 and moved on.

My parents consigned a car with them 12-15 or years ago and had a legally acceptable albeit ethically questionable experience and they haven't dealt with them since.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Park Place Ltd, Bellevue, strange place?