Notices

Socal Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 11:54 AM
996 SHARK
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone attending the Wheel Dynamics meet?
Old 07-23-2015, 09:59 AM
Michael15
Instructor

I'll be at the Carlsbad meet up Saturday. White 911S w/ducktail and LOUD AWE exhaust!!
Old 07-30-2015, 05:21 PM
David A
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone going to this: http://www.malibucarsandcoffee.com
Old 07-30-2015, 10:13 PM
996 SHARK
Instructor

^^ im down to go!
Old 08-01-2015, 04:57 AM
greta991gt3
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Socal Chat Thread

Originally Posted by goin2drt
Anyone on here a PCA-OCR member and headed to breakfast tomorrow at Mike's in SA?
Yes I am. Turbo day!
Old 08-01-2015, 09:55 AM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 677 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by greta991gt3
Yes I am. Turbo day!
She is all detailed and we will be there.
Old 08-04-2015, 09:07 PM
fuego
Instructor

Hey all, anyone know this ride? A black 2006 Cayman S w/ JIC Coilovers, GIAC tune/throttle body, Black 19" wheels, and PCCB calipers with steel rotors, an exhaust and a Fletcher Jones license plate frame, all apparently added before the current owner. Carfax shows it being a bit of a "village bicycle" with 6 different owners around the SoCal area: Trabuco Canyon, Riverside, Temecula, Costa Mesa, Oceanside, then finally Valencia where the current owner resides.

I am looking at it real closely, but I like what I see. Just wanted to get in touch with the former owners to see what it's deal is.

Name:  cw2JWa7h.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  116.6 KB
Name:  v4GiYxAh.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  123.6 KB
Old 08-08-2015, 03:36 AM
rlddlr53
Rennlist Member

Hey everyone. I just moved back to the San Fernando Valley from Oahu, and need a good alignment shop.

I know West End is good, but ideally looking for a good place in the valley (closer, more convenient etc). I will be replacing my tires in the next 2000 miles or so, and want to plan on where I am taking it for alignment.

It is a 2005 base 997, dropped on H&R springs. Stock struts in the front and Bilsteins in the rear. Any recommendations will be appreciated.
Old 08-08-2015, 01:16 PM
goin2drt
Race Car

This little gem was at Aliso C&C this morning. Love the color.
Name:  image.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  1.76 MB
Old 08-10-2015, 04:28 PM
cjcam930
Rennlist Member

Received 187 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by rlddlr53
Hey everyone. I just moved back to the San Fernando Valley from Oahu, and need a good alignment shop.

I know West End is good, but ideally looking for a good place in the valley (closer, more convenient etc). I will be replacing my tires in the next 2000 miles or so, and want to plan on where I am taking it for alignment.

It is a 2005 base 997, dropped on H&R springs. Stock struts in the front and Bilsteins in the rear. Any recommendations will be appreciated.
Not in the SFV but I can definitely recommend Wheel Enhancement in Culver City. They do tires (and wheels) too if you're interested in one-stop-shopping at a shop with massive Porsche experience/expertise.

Farther south, Johnsons Alignment (Steve Alarcon) in Torrance is fantastic especially for track or dual-purpose cars. Steve is a champion POC racer. The shop is next to Callas Rennsport off Hawthorne.
Old 08-10-2015, 06:22 PM
Alansglide
Pro

Received 84 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by rlddlr53

TRE in Van Nuys(near VN airport) would be a good choice. Been in the Porsche only business for 30 plus years and they are known as being one of the best indies in the valley.

http://tremotorsports.com/
Old 08-17-2015, 09:12 PM
Tommy Taylor
1st Gear

New member to the forum here... figured I'd post in the SoCal thread first as it's the quickest way to find people nearby. I'm from Sun City, CA; which if you're not familiar with that name, it's part of Menifee in Riverside County.

I just bought an '89 944 on Saturday. This is my second 944, my first was an '84 that I owned from '06 to '08 when I lived in PA. I definitely feel more comfortable owning a Porsche in CA than I did in PA as they were quite a rarity back home.

I picked it up for $1500 as it's not exactly in mint condition, but still seems to run fairly well. The friend I bought it from has an upcoming move to Japan whereas I'm getting new orders in a couple months to stay in CA, so he was willing to let it go to avoid having to ship it.

Three owners ago the car belonged to Tim Comeau of Comeau Racing Enterprises. Unfortunately it sat for most of the time that my friend owned it, and not sure what the owner in between did with it but I do have quite a bit of paperwork to sort through that was turned over to me.

Mine will probably sit the next three months while I'm on deployment but hoping to get started on it in November. First concern I have is that it got pretty warm on the drive from San Diego to Sun City. I made it the first 60 miles of the trip then stopped outside my wife's workplace in Murrieta and got it the last 25 miles today.

Despite this being my second 944, I'm quite a novice on these cars. I bought it because I have always liked Porsches, and I've missed my first one ever since I sold it. I'm certainly open to meeting people from this forum and getting any help I can with this car. I'd like to be able to get it into good shape and start making some trips to Willow Springs eventually, just certainly going to be a slow process.

In addition to the 944, I've got a 2013 VW Golf TDI and a 2007 Nissan Titan.
Old 08-17-2015, 09:36 PM
goin2drt
Race Car

Originally Posted by Tommy Taylor
New member to the forum here... figured I'd post in the SoCal thread first as it's the quickest way to find people nearby. I'm from Sun City, CA; which if you're not familiar with that name, it's part of Menifee in Riverside County.

I just bought an '89 944 on Saturday. This is my second 944, my first was an '84 that I owned from '06 to '08 when I lived in PA. I definitely feel more comfortable owning a Porsche in CA than I did in PA as they were quite a rarity back home.

I picked it up for $1500 as it's not exactly in mint condition, but still seems to run fairly well. The friend I bought it from has an upcoming move to Japan whereas I'm getting new orders in a couple months to stay in CA, so he was willing to let it go to avoid having to ship it.

Three owners ago the car belonged to Tim Comeau of Comeau Racing Enterprises. Unfortunately it sat for most of the time that my friend owned it, and not sure what the owner in between did with it but I do have quite a bit of paperwork to sort through that was turned over to me.

Mine will probably sit the next three months while I'm on deployment but hoping to get started on it in November. First concern I have is that it got pretty warm on the drive from San Diego to Sun City. I made it the first 60 miles of the trip then stopped outside my wife's workplace in Murrieta and got it the last 25 miles today.

Despite this being my second 944, I'm quite a novice on these cars. I bought it because I have always liked Porsches, and I've missed my first one ever since I sold it. I'm certainly open to meeting people from this forum and getting any help I can with this car. I'd like to be able to get it into good shape and start making some trips to Willow Springs eventually, just certainly going to be a slow process.

In addition to the 944, I've got a 2013 VW Golf TDI and a 2007 Nissan Titan.
Welcome. You should check out PCA and I am not sure what Region you would be in but I joined PCA and am in the OCR Region and it has been awesome. Tons of great folks that like all the same thing, Porsche.
Old 08-22-2015, 07:35 PM
goin2drt
Race Car

Well I went and checked out the new C&C at OC Fairgrounds. Needless to say, won't be back and will head back to Aliso as I am sure many others will as well.

Only my opinions, if others had different opinions great.

Traffic was a mess as there is really only one way in and that is off the 55 at Del Mar Ave and gate 10 is the first right so of course a line formed, well a line formed for those who didn't decide they were better than ever one else and drove by the line and then cut over in front of everyone.

Once you drive it there is a guy that arbitrarily decides who goes in the show lot and who goes in the spectator lot. Not sure what decides that but my 2015 Turbo Cab was a spectator car (bitter party of one) yet there were plenty of 2000 stock Corvettes and base model Mustangs in the lot.

It was very disorganized and I felt was a mess. It certainly is no Irvine C&C and don't think it will be the way they have it set up.
Old 08-23-2015, 06:12 PM
Nimrodical
Advanced

Is anyone headed up to RennSport?
I'm leaving Wednesday afternoon and staying near solvang/pismo
Headed up PCH on Thursday am.
Anyone else with a similar schedule???

Last edited by Nimrodical; 08-23-2015 at 07:55 PM.

Quick Reply: Socal Chat Thread