Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

FS: 2002 BMW M Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2016, 08:48 PM
jreifler
Rennlist Member

Received 923 Likes on 439 Posts
Default FS: 2002 BMW M Coupe

Year: 2002
Make: BMW
Model: M
Mileage (numbers only please): 49730
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof, Traction Control
Color: Silver
VIN: 5UMCN93422LK61063
Price (no $ sign please): $50000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): SouthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 5 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

My Cayman really wanted a monster 4.2L transplant for Christmas, so . . .

Selling my 2002 BMW S54 M Coupe. Titanium Silver Metallic over Dark Gray & Black Nappa interior. 49,730 miles. 1 of 19 in this color combination; 1 of 190 2002 S54 M Coupes total. Showroom clean inside and out, fully-optioned with extensive upgrades. Detailed maintenance records; always garaged; not daily driven; never driven in inclement weather.

Performance and reliability enhancements installed under my ownership, unless noted: DINAN Stage II package with ECU tune, cold air intake, filter, performance spring and shocks, and strut tower bar (original owner); performance clutch and flywheel with new shift pins at 30,000 miles (prior owner); full 3M clear bra (hood, bumpers, lights, rockers); Koni Sport struts; Delrin seat bushings; Dr. VANOS upgrade with reinforced cam bolts; Eisenmann Race 83mm exhaust; OEM CSL headers; Schrick cams and coated rocker arms at 39,000 with valve adjustment; OEM spark plugs and coil packs at 39,000; Technica Motorsports custom tune; Vorschlag camber plates; Rogue Engineering shock mounts; Ireland Engineering subframe and trailing arm bushings; UUC stainless steel brake lines; UUC EVO3 short shift; Carbotech brake pads; Apex EC-7 wheels with Dunlop Direzza ZII tires; Coby custom stitched steering wheel; Bimmian aluminum pedal covers; OEM ZHP shift **** with custom Alcantara shift boot; Never Done rear diffuser; new trunk and hood struts and battery with built-in battery tender for extended storage.

CARFAX probably won't show it, but this car was involved in a low-speed, single-car accident at around 32,000 miles (thanks, double-stage traction control). Front bumper, hood, supporting fascia, and ego were damaged, but no structural damage of any kind. I shipped the car to Enthusiast Auto Group in Cincinnati for a restoration grade repair with no expense spared. Every affected component was replaced with new OEM parts. EAG also performed a comprehensive mechanical and cosmetic refresh, and installed many of the upgrades listed above.

Since 2013, the car has been garaged, covered, and rarely driven. Paint, interior, engine, and undercarriage all show at 10/10, with no stone chips, scratches, dings or other imperfections. Subframe is perfect, with no signs of wear or cracking (late production cars came with factory reinforced spot welds). Regular fluid changes and Blackstone oil reports show no indication of rod bearing wear. Excellent example of a cosmetically and mechanically perfect last-year model S54 M Coupe. No expense spared in owning, upgrading, and maintaining this car.

Given the mileage and accident history, this car doesn't fit the collector-grade $65,000-$70,000 M Coupe pricing model we've seen in the past couple years. However, it compares favorably to EAG's nicest "reconditioned" examples of similar, or even higher mileage Coupes, at a roughly $5,000 market discount. I'm confident that it's as clean and well-sorted as any Coupe in the states, and someone with an equally debilitating case of OCD and Clownshoe lust should enjoy it for years to come.

Reasonable offers welcomed. Hi-res pics at https://www.flickr.com/photos/775923...57678468018565. Happy to answer any questions or take additional pics on request.

Cheers,
Attached Images        
Old 12-29-2016, 08:50 PM
etchhead
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Love the look of these cars and yours is perfect! Glws
Old 12-29-2016, 09:09 PM
jreifler
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by etchhead
Love the look of these cars and yours is perfect! Glws
Thank you, sir. I'll probably regret this when they double in price in 10 years, but it is what it is ...
Old 12-29-2016, 09:16 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 241 Likes on 183 Posts

My all time favorite BMW....the prices for these have followed the air cooled Pcar uptick.

GLWS OP, she's a beauty!
Old 12-29-2016, 09:36 PM
mdork
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Miss my 02 MCoupe every day. Wonderful car and nicely updated. GLWS.
Old 12-29-2016, 10:04 PM
z3mcoupe
Rennlist Member

Received 178 Likes on 98 Posts

Yup, I'd two M Coupes, I was addicted! I still miss it, but honestly prefer my 997. Still hope I'll get one again in the future. I sold both mine to guys who LOVE the car and have been on the hunt for one for a while, so they're both in good hands.

Hope yours finds a good home too!
Old 12-29-2016, 10:24 PM
jreifler
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by z3mcoupe
Yup, I'd two M Coupes, I was addicted! I still miss it, but honestly prefer my 997. Still hope I'll get one again in the future. I sold both mine to guys who LOVE the car and have been on the hunt for one for a while, so they're both in good hands.

Hope yours finds a good home too!
Thanks. They are definitely appreciating in value more than I imagined they would when I bought it. I bought my Cayman because the Coupe was too pristine for the track. All things being equal, the Cayman is just so much more refined and better-suited for track duty. And now I feel bad just letting the Coupe sit in the garage. It would be cool to hold it for a decade and see what happens, but I think another enthusiast will get more enjoyment out of it.
Old 12-30-2016, 12:52 AM
z3mcoupe
Rennlist Member

Received 178 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by jreifler
Thanks. They are definitely appreciating in value more than I imagined they would when I bought it. I bought my Cayman because the Coupe was too pristine for the track. All things being equal, the Cayman is just so much more refined and better-suited for track duty. And now I feel bad just letting the Coupe sit in the garage. It would be cool to hold it for a decade and see what happens, but I think another enthusiast will get more enjoyment out of it.
Funny, I sold my silver one first to buy a 997, and then once I had the 997, the green one just sat in the garage and I felt bad for not driving it. I decided to sell it to someone who would drive it, and not let it sit. Here is a pic of them both.

They are both S54's, and worth the extra. Whoever ends up with yours will be delighted!

Old 12-30-2016, 01:26 AM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 470 Likes on 265 Posts

jreifler,
I have the older exact twin to your M-coupe. I bought my '99 Coupe (S52) new in '00 and still have it. After all these years and many much more expensive cars this car still gets a lot of attention and my wife thinks that it is my best car!

GLWS...and bump to the top!
Old 12-30-2016, 01:34 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

MZ3C e36/8
love it
had S52 and S54
and even the Z2.8 m coupe
should have kept the shoe.
Old 12-30-2016, 02:22 PM
jreifler
Rennlist Member

Thanks for all the props. It's a stunner. Definitely gets more attention on the street and at car meets than the Porsche. Pass along the listing if you know anyone in the market.

Thanks!
Old 12-30-2016, 07:56 PM
OverBoosted28
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

And some people can do special things with them, on the track :-)Name:  IMG_9737.PNG
Views: 4798
Size:  4.30 MB
Old 12-30-2016, 08:42 PM
Moondog4224
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

"My Cayman really wanted a monster 4.2L transplant for Christmas, so . ."

please start a thread in cayman section on the 4.2l transplant .....

sorry couldnt help it 😜
Old 12-31-2016, 01:26 AM
bk_911
Rennlist Member

Received 239 Likes on 104 Posts

I had a Steel Grey 2002 M Coupe with that same interior. Biggest automotive mistake of my life selling it.

Bought it for 43k in 2002. Nice to see they're finally fetching real money.

GLWS
Old 12-31-2016, 11:32 AM
handdoc
Rennlist Member

Received 137 Likes on 78 Posts

these s54 01/02 m coupes and roadsters are incredible cars

always loved the coupes, bought an 01 m roadster (lower cost), and they are a blast to drive

GLWS, the EAG stuff makes sure it's a high quality car!

Quick Reply: FS: 2002 BMW M Coupe