Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Sold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Dealer Inventory 1997 Acura NSX MT

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2016, 02:06 PM
Sterling Sackey
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 46 Posts

Year: 1997
Make: Acura
Model: NSX
Mileage (numbers only please): 19307
Color: Black
Price (no $ sign please): $71500
Private or Dealer Listing: Dealer Listing
Location (Region): Texas
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM Stereo

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
I own one so it's not like I am talking out of turn. He was implying there was some kind of scarcity to the car in the last few model years and the reality was nobody felt like paying 92k for it since it had not been updated.

They are VERY engaging and special cars to drive. I love mine. But the Zanardi cars are the only real "rare" or hard to get (outside of the Type R from Japan).

the last 4 years the factory could not get anyone to buy them and that's why they only sold 1000 or so in the last few years.
CJ,

I'm not sure how you took from what I said that Honda/Acura were "limiting" the cars in the last few years. The standard NSX was never really a limited production car, they sold what they could, end of story.

If you read what I wrote, I was implying that the "special order" coupe NSXs, which were available in the USA from 1996 through 2001, were very unpopular with buyers. This is quite unequivocally proven by the fact that only 25 were produced, making those cars rarer even than a Zanardi.

On to your point about pricing, I owned a 2002 NSX-T that I purchased from the original owner. He bought it brand new from Acura Calabasas in '02, and they refused to give him any sort of discount off of MSRP whatsoever. Take that for what you will...
Old 08-26-2016, 08:15 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,954 Likes on 555 Posts

Apologies for the thread hijacks but hey free bumps I guess.
Old 08-26-2016, 08:21 PM
Sterling Sackey
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 46 Posts

Old 08-26-2016, 08:24 PM
Ten Years
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by kennyvb
I was this close on a completely stock '97 w/ 35k miles for $48.5k at the beginning of THIS year. Pretty sure the seller was basing his price on KBB. Keep kicking myself for snoozing (it was NYE if that's an excuse).
I remember that one. Yellow one, right? From SoCal. Sold in less than a day? I actually know who bought it. Saw it go up and sell right away, on NYE.
Old 08-26-2016, 09:08 PM
kennyvb
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ten Years
I remember that one. Yellow one, right? From SoCal. Sold in less than a day? I actually know who bought it. Saw it go up and sell right away, on NYE.
Yep! I really should've made the 200-mile trip down that night. Had the seller's number and address...just didn't think there'd be that much activity over the holiday. The eventual buyer met the seller on New Year's Day and both were at the bank the next morning. I try to find solace in telling myself Spa Yellow was not my first choice (which a nice wrap could've easily fixed). Oh well. I now have a '91 in Formula Red that I love (yes, the most "common").

And back to the subject: now relisted for a cool 95k
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...37164667&Log=0
Old 08-27-2016, 11:59 AM
PorscheHusna
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
Apologies for the thread hijacks but hey free bumps I guess.
No worries CJ, I always welcome the comments

Originally Posted by kennyvb
Yep! I really should've made the 200-mile trip down that night. Had the seller's number and address...just didn't think there'd be that much activity over the holiday. The eventual buyer met the seller on New Year's Day and both were at the bank the next morning. I try to find solace in telling myself Spa Yellow was not my first choice (which a nice wrap could've easily fixed). Oh well. I now have a '91 in Formula Red that I love (yes, the most "common").

And back to the subject: now relisted for a cool 95k
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...37164667&Log=0
Yes, the car has been sent to our Lamborghini of North Houston store and they seem to think that it should be offered for more..
My price still stands for anyone interested.

Quick Reply: Dealer Inventory 1997 Acura NSX MT