Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Rare Rosso Barchetta Gated 6 speed Ferrari 360 Modena Coupe w/ Carbon Fiber interior

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2016, 05:20 PM
AfroThunder
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Rare Rosso Barchetta Gated 6 speed Ferrari 360 Modena Coupe w/ Carbon Fiber interior

Year: 2002
Make: Ferrari
Model: 360 Modena
Mileage (numbers only please): 38347
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Intermittent Wipers, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Traction Control
Color: Rosso Barchetta
VIN: ZFFYU51A520129612
Price (no $ sign please): $92500
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

I am selling my extremely rare gated manual transmission Rosso Barchetta 2002 Ferrari 360 Modena Coupe with factory carbon fiber sport seats and red barchetta stitching. The car has lived all of its life in California and has never seen any salt or snow. I have the complete and comprehensive service history since day one on hand.

The car is super tight and feels brand new, I've owned 49 Ferrari's and currently own 5 including a Gated 599 GTB Fiorano and a gated 550 Maranello. This is one of the tightest Ferrari's I have ever owned. The car drives and feels super tight, I cannot stress that enough.The transmission shifts amazing, even into second gear even when it is still cold. The rare carbon fiber interior is not sticky and truly stands out, contrasting the flawless red exterior like a work of art. Rosso Barchetta is an extremely rare special order color, and much nicer than any of my Rosso Corsa Ferrari's. You will not find other examples like this one anywhere else. Finding a 360 with a 6 speed gated manual transmission and carbon fiber interior with sport seats alone is virtually impossible. This is an extremely rare car that will be fully appreciated by a true collector or enthusiast. It is a perfect oppurtunity for someone looking for a guaranteed investment or even a driver's car. It is simply incomparable to the current pricing of your "run of the mill" 360 with the less desired F1 paddle shift transmission and boring Daytona leather seats. As a true Ferrari connoisseur, I can tell you that I would rather have this slightly higher mile example as it was meticulously maintained and cared for since new over your average neglected 20,000 mile 360.

The car has an absolutely gorgeous $2,500 carbon fiber challenge grill on the back. I found this grill to stand out and be far more attractive than the factory challenge grill. However, I do have the factory Rosso Barchetta painted rear grill available. The car also has a fully integrated $3,800 Passport 9500ci Pro radar/laser detector that works flawlessly of which the controls are neatly tucked away in the ashtray with a custom made panel as shown in the pictures. Original Ferrari fire extinguisher sits handsomely on the passenger side floor.

The car is 100% complete with no stories or issues. All books, tools, car cover, battery charger, tire inflator, as well as a seperate leather case are all there. The paint is in phenomenal condition and appears to be 100% original. The factory clear bra still exists on the side skirts and edges of the doors. I added clear bra pieces by the door handles, on the rear engine cover where you touch to close it, and on the gas tank so that no human hands ever have to touch the paint. The wheels are in perfect shape with no rash or bends with brand new Bridgestone tires less than a week old with five miles on them (not shown in pictures...I just had them put on yesterday). It is ready for your enjoyement.

The last major service was performed just over a year ago to the tune of $11,000 and everything and anything in question was replaced/addressed. It looks unbelieveable after the recent professional detailing I had done this week. A complete minor service along with new Bridgstone tires was also done 5 miles ago last week. It has a 100% clean bill of health as she sits. Ice cold AC. After the factory warranty ran out, the owner continued to buy factory Ferrari Powercube warranties until 2013. As you can tell from the service history, no corners have ever been cut and all of the work was performed by factory technicians in San Fransisco, where the car resided all it's life.

All complete service invoices from day one have been passed down from each owner, I have them on hand as well as a clean Carfax and Autocheck report. You can view the entire service records (40+ pages) here: https://www.docdroid.net/lHG0IXc/fer...files.pdf.html

Please feel free to give me a call or shoot me an email if you have any questions about the car, I would be more than delighted to answer your questions. Thank you for looking.

For more photos, please check out my Hemmings ad:

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/...0/1813642.html
Attached Images                        

Last edited by AfroThunder; 04-18-2016 at 01:40 AM. Reason: Photos
Old 03-22-2016, 06:16 PM
xpensivewino
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 32 Posts

My 355 GTB was Rosso Barchetta, it is one of the best colors ever for a Ferrari. GLWS
Old 03-22-2016, 06:45 PM
switchcars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 468 Likes on 189 Posts

Rosso Barchetta is gorgeous, and factory carbon racing seats are even better. And of course manual is the only way to go in these. Great, great combo all around. I agree with you, the 3-pedal 360s are some of the best driver's cars out there.

But please, spare the Barrett-Jackson lingo. No car is a 'guaranteed investment'. Guaranteed smiles, yes.

Last edited by switchcars; 03-22-2016 at 07:01 PM.
Old 03-22-2016, 09:24 PM
titleistaddict87
Three Wheelin'

Received 124 Likes on 102 Posts

Beautiful. You mention SF but is this car still in SF or now on the east coast?
Old 03-22-2016, 09:42 PM
AfroThunder
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by titleistaddict87
Beautiful. You mention SF but is this car still in SF or now on the east coast?
Nope, the car lived all it's life in San Fran, but I shipped her here to New Jersey when I bought it.
Old 03-22-2016, 09:44 PM
titleistaddict87
Three Wheelin'

Received 124 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by AfroThunder
Nope, the car lived all it's life in San Fran, but I shipped her here to New Jersey when I bought it.
It may be time to book the return trip lemme crunch some numbers and get back to you.
Old 03-22-2016, 10:14 PM
AfroThunder
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by titleistaddict87
It may be time to book the return trip lemme crunch some numbers and get back to you.
I'm sure she'd prefer the West Coast over the cold east!

I'll PM you my number if you'd like to chat on the phone at some point
Old 03-22-2016, 10:15 PM
clubracer6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Just amazing!
Old 03-23-2016, 02:24 PM
IBKevin951
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That. Is. Perfect!
Old 03-24-2016, 01:32 AM
grappamon
Rennlist Member

You bought this about a month ago didn't you. I just missed it waiting for my car to sell. I was planning on keeping though, not flipping.
Old 03-24-2016, 05:33 AM
scbeast
Instructor

Originally Posted by grappamon
You bought this about a month ago didn't you. I just missed it waiting for my car to sell. I was planning on keeping though, not flipping.
ouch!
Old 03-24-2016, 09:05 AM
skl2
Rennlist Member

Received 281 Likes on 146 Posts

Something seemed a bit off with this ad and I think you put your finger on it. Sounds like a great car from the description but I'd rather talk to the previous owner as clearly the seller doesn't have any history with it.
Old 03-24-2016, 10:45 AM
AfroThunder
Rennlist Member

I apologize for not being able to tell people which coffee shop and gas station it went to everyday.

But upon delivery, I did a lot of work to it. (minor service, fluids, 4 new tires, clear bra, radar detector software upgrade, full interior/exterior and engine detailing, etc.)
Old 03-24-2016, 10:57 AM
JG 996T
Rennlist Member

Received 489 Likes on 267 Posts

Where in NJ? Those pics look like NY state. ?
Old 03-24-2016, 11:00 AM
AfroThunder
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JG 996T
Where in NJ? Those pics look like NY state. ?
That's the Wallington Monument, in Wallington, NJ

Quick Reply: Rare Rosso Barchetta Gated 6 speed Ferrari 360 Modena Coupe w/ Carbon Fiber interior