Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

GT4 For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2015, 10:32 AM
Accel Junky
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Year: 2016
Make: Porsche
Model: Cayman
Mileage (numbers only please): 1416
Color: Sapphire Blue
VIN: WP0AC2A8XGK197527
Price (no $ sign please): $98500
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): SouthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

Originally Posted by mm1
"Courtesy trades" make it MUCH easier for both sides. Good luck, seems we're selling against each other but I would guess slightly different buyers given colors.
I think for the amount of money we are talking about people have probably made up their minds on a specific color. I edited my post to add courtesy trade in case that is more familiar to folks. Thanks!

Old 11-29-2015, 10:37 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Wouldn't another advantage of the dealership "in and out" be that the car could be CPO'd for a reasonable charge ($2,500-ish)?
Old 11-29-2015, 10:48 AM
LexVan
Banned

Originally Posted by HelpMeHelpU
Which states don't charge tax in private-party auto transactions?
Illinois has very favorable sales tax on private party. Max is about $1,500 IIRC. Much better than 7-8% if done at the dealership.
Old 11-29-2015, 10:56 AM
Accel Junky
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by LexVan
Wouldn't another advantage of the dealership "in and out" be that the car could be CPO'd for a reasonable charge ($2,500-ish)?
I was wondering that. I assumed it was possible but I haven't asked the dealer.
Old 11-29-2015, 06:13 PM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

Received 593 Likes on 377 Posts

Even if the dealer won't do a full CPO, for whatever reason, it's still possible for the original owner to buy the same warranty as CPO (e.g. two additional years or an additional 50k miles), but must be purchased by original owner before the sale (of course new owner/buyer can find it). Cost should be about $3,000.
Old 12-05-2015, 06:31 PM
Accel Junky
Burning Brakes

As promised, I have dropped the price to $98,500 FIRM.

Do not contact me if you are not 100% sure and ready to buy a GT4. Do not contact me if you do not have your financing lined up, whatever that may be. The price IS firm. I WILL ignore those contacting me with offers.
Old 12-05-2015, 07:33 PM
gac1077
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

GLWS. I can do MSRP+clear bra. If you can't sell.
Old 12-08-2015, 06:00 PM
Accel Junky
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by gac1077
GLWS. I can do MSRP+clear bra. If you can't sell.
Thanks but I am holding firm. I've got a very long time until the other car comes (July next year). Worst case I end up with two which I would very much be OK with. Now the wife...
Old 12-08-2015, 06:37 PM
mm1
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Accel Junky
Thanks but I am holding firm. I've got a very long time until the other car comes (July next year). Worst case I end up with two which I would very much be OK with. Now the wife...
I have a friend that will likely have 2 (his/hers). Not a bad situation!
Old 12-08-2015, 07:01 PM
LexVan
Banned

Do not contact me if you are not 100% sure and ready to buy a GT4. Do not contact me if you do not have your financing lined up, whatever that may be. The price IS firm. I WILL ignore those contacting me with offers.
Here 3 things I know about you:

1) You have never been in any type of sales career

2) You have never managed a sales team

3) You have never owned your own business

This is just silly speak. Good luck, anyways.
Old 12-08-2015, 07:08 PM
Accel Junky
Burning Brakes

You are correct about #2...and I have zero desire to make that one a reality. But I'm pretty experienced with private selling of my personal cars (a process which I absolutely loathe...if I had money to waste I would do dealer trades all day long for my sanity). I have a system that works and that includes not dealing with tire kickers by utilizing various means. You should see my older sale threads. I usually include FAQ sections so that nobody bothers me unless they are ready to buy. I've been through this enough to know it is not my job to sell someone on an enthusiast car. Car guys know what they want they just need the facts and terms to make the decision and I can present those up front.
Old 12-08-2015, 07:51 PM
Spec C
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

But I'm pretty experienced with private selling of my personal cars (a process which I absolutely loathe...
If you hated it that much, you would price to move. That is what I do. I rather take a few K less than deal with this nonsense for weeks or months on end..lol My time, and sanity are worth something.

Can't recall the last car I sat on for longer than a week.
Old 12-09-2015, 09:22 AM
LexVan
Banned

You are correct about #2...and I have zero desire to make that one a reality. But I'm pretty experienced with private selling of my personal cars (a process which I absolutely loathe...if I had money to waste I would do dealer trades all day long for my sanity). I have a system that works and that includes not dealing with tire kickers by utilizing various means. You should see my older sale threads. I usually include FAQ sections so that nobody bothers me unless they are ready to buy. I've been through this enough to know it is not my job to sell someone on an enthusiast car. Car guys know what they want they just need the facts and terms to make the decision and I can present those up front.
Thanks for taking my comment in stride.

Not to get too philosophical, but I tell everyone in my company that they are all in sales. We all service a customer. Some are external customers (the real ones) and many are internal customers. We all have to sell our ideas, creativity, quality, and knowledge.....and be persuasive. We all have to be good listeners, that's why we have 2 ears and only one voice, we should be listening twice as much as we are talking, trying to understand the needs of the "customer". We all need to be able to negotiate. And most importantly, you always need to be closing (ABC); closing sales, closing projects, closing problems, closing obstacles,.....

*here's your morning bump
Old 12-09-2015, 10:22 AM
mic_crispy
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 148 Posts

He speaks the truth. Be open to all offers, you never know what can happen.

i would have bought this at 98k two weeks ago zero questions (i texted you with that offer)... but now with the flood of GT4's / additional allocations, id have a hard time even taking MSRP since i really do want the buckets.
Old 12-09-2015, 12:45 PM
krell
Burning Brakes

Received 154 Likes on 96 Posts

Thanks for taking my comment in stride.

Not to get too philosophical, but I tell everyone in my company that they are all in sales. We all service a customer. Some are external customers (the real ones) and many are internal customers. We all have to sell our ideas, creativity, quality, and knowledge.....and be persuasive. We all have to be good listeners, that's why we have 2 ears and only one voice, we should be listening twice as much as we are talking, trying to understand the needs of the "customer". We all need to be able to negotiate. And most importantly, you always need to be closing (ABC); closing sales, closing projects, closing problems, closing obstacles,.....

*here's your morning bump
Well said on us all being in sales to some degree. My last career was with a company that provided a service as their business, no physical product. So customer service was paramount.

Originally Posted by mic_crispy
He speaks the truth. Be open to all offers, you never know what can happen.

i would have bought this at 98k two weeks ago zero questions (i texted you with that offer)... but now with the flood of GT4's / additional allocations, id have a hard time even taking MSRP since i really do want the buckets.
I too would have purchased this car two weeks ago at that price, and was in negotiations for it until this weekend. I wish the seller the best of luck moving it.

Quick Reply: GT4 For Sale