Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

2016 Cayman GT4 Build Slot for Sale

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 10:50 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Year: 2016
Make: Porsche
Model: Cayman
Mileage (numbers only please): 0
Color: yourchoice
Price (no $ sign please): $10000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

Perhaps a different approach:

Sell 100 raffle tickets to Rennlisters only, for $120 each.

Give $2,000 to a Rennlist charity.

Keep the other $10,000.

1 in a 100 is better odds than a dealership.
Old 07-29-2015, 11:52 AM
Saru385
Burning Brakes

Received 92 Likes on 42 Posts

speaking of raffles, the PCA Cayman raffle should be taking place in two days!
think they got enough tickets purchased to give away GT4, Cayman S, and maybe 2 other Caymans.

willing to sell my two tickets for $1000.
Old 07-29-2015, 01:17 PM
breadslicers
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you a dealer?
Old 07-29-2015, 01:37 PM
cooper44
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No I am a private seller.

Separately, I heard back from my sales associate and PTS (Paint to Sample) is on freeze and will not be available for this build. FYI.
Old 07-29-2015, 07:22 PM
flat6ix
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry in advance if you consider this thread crapping but since this isn't like most for sale posts with actual vehicle in hand, for those interested another one just came up:

http://www.planet-9.com/cars-sponsor...ayman-gt4.html
Old 07-29-2015, 11:23 PM
gotgolf52
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 36 Posts

Enthusiast like us put down deposit hoping the guy ahead of us change their mind and we can take possession of the car. However, people like this make me really **** off, even better selling me a slot to buy my toy? I understand capitalism if you have an item in hand for sale, but this take it to a whole new fu@king level.
Old 07-29-2015, 11:32 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,793 Likes on 2,161 Posts

Originally Posted by fais
Sorry in advance if you consider this thread crapping but since this isn't like most for sale posts with actual vehicle in hand, for those interested another one just came up:

http://www.planet-9.com/cars-sponsor...ayman-gt4.html
$20k over for a GT4 without buckets?
Old 07-30-2015, 12:39 AM
texas_maverick
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Are you going to also tell me that I have an inheritance in Ghana?

I'm interested in learning how such a proposal can be executed. The Ghana thing too...
Old 07-30-2015, 12:56 AM
RSRanger
Three Wheelin'

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
Brilliant.

If I can't make $10,000 I don't even get out of my PJs.
Ok Lex please forgive me and allow me if I don't have this straight b/c I am not that smart (only 12 yrs of postgrad medical training) an obvious stupid physician in your current brain dead administration.
You believe the OP is FOS for requesting 10K for a slot and chance to personally spec out a highly demanded Porsche BUT you defend a dealer for asking a 10K premium for a very crappy spec'ed Cayman GT4?????
WTF were do you stand??? Capitalism or dealer suck up???
You attack members who voice opposition to a dealer asking a 10K premium.
Attacking them if they were not buyers then just STFU, yet hear you demean the OP???
Back in the 90's (when most of you couldn't get a driver's license) I was #1 on the list at Champion Motorsport to order the "new Boxter" coming. A vicious divorce at the time caused me to divest of many material things. I sold my #1 pre-specced slot for 4K. This is America, like it or walk away. A country I served as an immigrant from Cuba for 12 years and killed for in So. East Asia.
Were you even born in 1968?
So please clarify why you are okay with a dealer asking for a 10K premium but an individual who has a pre-specced slot (who for personal x or y reasons has to release) for a Cayman GT4 who wishes to do the same is a "d-bag"?????
You smack of hypocrisy bucky.

Sorry for the comments but your hypocrisy Lex is glaring.

Ranger
Old 07-30-2015, 01:47 AM
nxfedlt1
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by RSRanger
Ok Lex please forgive me and allow me if I don't have this straight b/c I am not that smart (only 12 yrs of postgrad medical training) an obvious stupid physician in your current brain dead administration.
You believe the OP is FOS for requesting 10K for a slot and chance to personally spec out a highly demanded Porsche BUT you defend a dealer for asking a 10K premium for a very crappy spec'ed Cayman GT4?????
Attacking them if they were not buyers then just STFU, yet hear you demean the OP???
Back in the 90's (when most of you couldn't get a driver's license) I was #1 on the list at Champion Motorsport to order the "new Boxter" coming. A vicious divorce at the time caused me to divest of many material things. I sold my #1 pre-specced slot for 4K. This is America, like it or walk away. A country I served as an immigrant from Cuba for 12 years and killed for in So. East Asia.
So please clarify why you are okay with a dealer asking for a 10K premium but an individual who has a pre-specced slot (who for personal x or y reasons has to release) for a Cayman GT4 who wishes to do the same is a "d-bag"?????

Ranger
sua sponte!

For what its worth, I'd rather see an individual make some money over the dealer. We're all car people, and if someone beat me in "line", so be it; my fault for being slow...but a dealer that doesn't honor a list or one that starts capitalizing on this....eh, I'd take my money and service elsewhere. Who's to say the same dealers won't bend you over as well when it comes to service. Clearly, profits come first.

Last edited by nxfedlt1; 07-30-2015 at 11:44 AM.
Old 07-30-2015, 02:01 AM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

i just figured lex forgot to take his meds that afternoon he went on his stfu rant
Old 07-30-2015, 02:06 AM
Cream
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cooper44
To the best of my knowledge PTS is very much available.
It's $5k but adds $20k to resale. Just ask anyone on this forum trying to gouge us
Old 07-30-2015, 05:10 AM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

Can't wait until the GT4RS is announced! Then people will be running from the GT4 like they're running from GT3's to buy GT3RS's. The my dick is bigger than yours mentality. I love new cars but the newest, greatest, fastest, most gears gets boring after a while. I enjoy driving my 2 cylinder Fiat more than I would fighting over who's going to pay more over MSRP for the latest VW coming out of Stuttgart.
Old 07-30-2015, 08:17 AM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

Ranger
Old 07-30-2015, 08:37 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Ranger
I missed your post last night. I don't stay up too late. Not really allowed to. My days start early.

I can see why your wife dump you. Time to get over it.

It's spelled B O X S T E R. Get with the program.

Work on your reading comprehension. No hypocrisy here. I called the OP "brilliant". YOU called him a "d-bag". I even offered the OP a suggestion to run a raffle, send $2k to charity, and still pocket $10k. Again, work on your reading comp.

Quick Reply: 2016 Cayman GT4 Build Slot for Sale