Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

996 911 C4 - Guards Red - Bespoke Aero

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 01:52 AM
Kirkwoodloyal
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 996 911 C4 - Guards Red - Bespoke Aero

Year: 1999
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 996
Mileage (numbers only please): 117250
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof, Traction Control
Color: Guards Red
VIN: WP0AA2994XS625465
Price (no $ sign please): $28000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorCal
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 4 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

If you only want to see the specs/mods, skip the first paragraph...it's just an intro to my mission statement on the 911.

This car is the first 911 I have had the pleasure of owning. Every time I stare at it in the garage, I am reminded of my journey up until this point...it evokes a passion for motorsport that even a child can understand...like that kid in the 997 commercial years ago who asks the Porsche salesman for a business card and says, "See you in about 20 years." Like my 6 year old daughter who broke down in tears last night pleading with me, "Please Daddy!...you can't sell the Porsche!!!" There is just something about a 911. Sure, you could sit around sipping coffee for hours while you and your friends talk about the beautiful lines & timeless design of the car...about the intoxicating burble of that flat 6...the handling...oh, dear lord...the handling. Truth is, it's not something that is easily quantifiable. For me, it's a feeling...the countdown to launch at Cape Canaveral...a happy ending to the 20 year massage I've been getting from every other car I've owned. When you are driving a 911, I mean REALLY driving a 911, everything else just fades away. The car becomes your conduit to true happiness. When you actually think about it, there aren't many things in this life that have the power to transport you to that state of mind. A 911 is one of them. Having had this epiphany later in life, my advice to anyone "on the fence" of 911 ownership is simple...DO IT as soon as possible. I did, and I'm not looking back. I am eagerly awaiting the delivery of a certain 997 C2S "RS" (Tom's car from TPC) and can't wait to start the next chapter of 911 ownership.

Now on to the car...

1999 911 Carrera 4
(Always a California car - began its life in San Francisco as a new 911)
117,250 mi on chassis.
25K mi on engine/transmission.
*New Porsche factory Motor & New Transmission installed at 91,960 miles by S-Car-Go in San Rafael, Ca. (have receipt for $22,000)
*All maintenance and work prior to my ownership was completed at S-Car-Go and Sonnen Porsche (Mill Valley, Ca.) Extensive records available.

I purchased the car 2 1/2 years ago w/ 105k miles on it (13k on motor/tranny). Since then, I have maintained the car as any true enthusiast w/ OCD would. Maintenance and modifications that I could not do myself were completed at IPB Autosport, Valley Motorwerks, & Niello Porsche in Sacramento - All very reputable and competent shops.

Maintenance done by me:
Oil changes always completed every 3K miles or after every autoX weekend - (Swepco) Engine oil only - ALWAYS cut open the paper filter to check for metal... never found any. Engine runs S-T-R-O-N-G. Needless to say, there is quite a noticeable difference in the power & responsiveness of a new engine. Fellow 996 owners that have driven this car seem to agree that the motor pulls harder and smoother than their own (no GT3 owners or TT owners said this for obvious reasons).
New air filter/MAF cleaned - 2 mos ago
New Poly-Rib belt - 3 mos ago
Coolant flush once a year (reservoir cap replaced w/ upgraded version)
Brake fluid swapped out w/ Motul RBF 600
CV Boots @ front axle - shortly after I purchased the car
New Battery - 2 mos ago.
Miscellaneous hoses, clamps & bushings as the need arose.

The car came equipped w/ the following:
- New motor and transmission
- Factory LSD option
- MKI Aero package - Taco wing (adjustable), side skirts, front bumper, rear bumper pieces
- New genuine Bosch Litronic HID headlights & LED tail lights
- Factory tow hook
- OEM Carbon Fiber bits: Steering wheel, Center console, radio bezel, door handle, storage compartment, shifter, door sills - did have ebrake handle, but I broke it (may still be able to use it though.) I purchased another leather one and notched it for cup car cable clearance.
- Amp w/ fan located in the trunk? - I guess the factory stereo wasn't that great? Sounds great now, but I never heard it prior.

Modifications/Additions:

EXTERIOR:
- Custom aero fabricated out of aluminum & airplane rivets - painted PPG flat black. Front splitter was designed using the factory splitter as a baseline template. Side skirts to include entire rocker panel and incorporated aero to match splitter and diffuser - side skirts are SOLID and wrap under the car. By solid, I mean to say that if the arms on a lift catch the aero on the skirts (black part) when lifting the car...and you freak out like I did because the aero looks to be irreparably bent...don't worry, it will return to normal as if nothing ever happened...simply amazing craftsmanship. Diffuser spans wheel to wheel at the rear and blends seamlessly w/ factory underbelly panels - to keep it nice and flat under there. Great time and expense went into this labor of love.

- Fabspeed Exhaust - mufflers shaved slightly and re-welded to fit w/ rear diffuser. There was enough diffuser clearance left for when the deep sump gets installed.

INTERIOR:
- DAS cage (powdercoated red) & Schroth 5-pt harness (red) - driver & passenger - cage has some dings and scrapes, but is otherwise in great condition.
- Recaro Pole Position seats (outstanding condition) - Black leather & Alcantara - include brushed aluminum Recaro end plates & Recaro sliders/rails.
- Sharkwerks Fire Extinguisher & mount - located in front of passenger seat.
- Rennline Track Mats.
- Rennline Aluminum pedal set w/ rubber grips (including dead pedal & red heel toe extensions).
- Black foam pad at rear deck - cut to fit w/ DAS cage - no back seats in the car.

DRIVETRAIN:
- TPC X51 Clutch & lightweight flywheel - w/ new Guibo mod from an '84 BMW 318i (much beefier). This set-up is one of my favorite mods on the car.
- IMS & RMS were inspected during installation of X51 clutch/flywheel - no leaks, no damage - no RMS leaks or IMS symptoms during ownership.
- Rennline solid motor mounts.
- Numeric Racing Shifter (red - limited edition), Numeric shifter risers (black), Numeric Racing Cup Car cables
- RUF PSS9 Coilovers w/ 70mm Torrington Bearings at the front (No "PSS9 clunk" on these coilovers - they are smooth as butter).
- Tarrett front drop links
- H&R multi-adjustable sway bars (front & rear)

WHEELS:
- Champion RG5's as daily drivers - centers done in gold. 18x8.5 & 18x10
- CCW Classic's as autoX wheels, but you could make them your DD's if you so choose - completely re-done w/ polished lip and Chameleon painted centers. 18x9 & 18x11
- 5 mm hub-centric spacers
- new lugs

BRAKES:
*Completely re-done at S-Car-Go
- Factory cross drilled rotors w/ Brembo Pckg.
- Super Blue pads
I briefly indulged the idea of trying to outfit the car w/ Turbo brakes, not because the stock ones were inadequate, just because I go stir crazy unless I'm constantly doing something to improve my car...its a disease, I know. Stock brakes are terrific.

ADDITIONAL ITEMS: (S-Car-Go & Sonnen Porsche)
- Both upper control arms replaced in 2008.
- Air mass sensor 996 606 123 00 replaced at 2007
- Water reservoir 996 106 147 56 replaced 2007
- Air Conditioning re-charged 2007 (still blows ice cold)
- Rubber air box 996 110 221 57 replaced 2008
- Air Mass Sensor 996 606 124 00 replaced 2008
- Oxygen Sensor 993 606 118 01 replaced 2008
- Oxygen sensor 993 606 128 01 replaced 2008
- Water temp sensor 996 606 405 01 replaced 2008
- Numerous other misc. hoses, clamps, etc. replaced 2007/2008
(records available).

ADDITIONAL PARTS:
- MKI side skirts (red)
- Third radiator (just the radiator) - never got around to installing it. You will need a few other parts to complete the job if you wish to install it.
- LN Engineering deep sump oil pan kit - increases capacity by .5 Qt. (not installed on the car yet).
- New oil filters (4 to 6 of them I believe).
- Extra oil filter cover.
- Oil filter removal tool.
- Extra air filter.
Probably some other parts that I'm forgetting.

This car has NEVER been on a road course during my ownership. I decided to focus on AutoX the last 2 years. This car is very, very quick through the cones. I often bested the times posted by 996 GT3 and 997 GT3 owners, among other Porsches - probably b/c they were babying their cars. The AWD in this car is fan-freakin-tastic. Never owned an AWD car until this one...I absolutely fell in love with the grip. Turn off the PSC and the car COMES ALIVE!!! Please leave the PSC on if you don't know how to "counter steer." I attended about 16 weekends with the SCCA over the last 2 years, so that's about 32 days at 3 or 4 runs per day. Took the Division Championship back to back the last two years...what an amazing car. The 911 never skipped a beat, never threw an engine code, and never overheated. I've never owned a car that ran this flawlessly and reliably...truly amazing.

The interior of the car definitely leans more toward racing function over luxurious creature comforts, but I still have no problem cruising it around town. Factory seat belts are still installed and the racing seats are wider at the base/seat and very comfortable. The exterior is in terrific shape...not showroom perfect, but still plenty sexy. Rock chips at the front and miscellaneous scuffs here and there. I've never had the car professionally detailed because it always looked fantastic with a driveway wash & wax. No garage queen here...this car loves to be driven. I have no doubt the new owner of this car will be very happy. PPI's welcome.

Cheers,
-Josh

PS. Photos uploading too slow - I'll post more later, or upon request. I did, however, throw that last photo in for all you 993 lovers out there
Attached Images         
Old 03-30-2015, 02:06 PM
Kirkwoodloyal
Racer

Clarification, the exhaust comes out the factory bumper location now - no longer dumped out the diffuser. I'll take pictures tonight
Old 03-30-2015, 04:59 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 504 Likes on 186 Posts

We need a moratorium on the term "bespoke" for a few months. As well as "mission statements" in for sale ads. GLWS!

Old 03-30-2015, 05:50 PM
Kirkwoodloyal
Racer

Finally!!! Somebody gets my humor. You sir...win the prize!!!
Old 03-31-2015, 01:46 PM
Kirkwoodloyal
Racer

Barrrr-rump ba bump bump
Open to offers. Car is located in the Sacramento area - come on by and check it out
Old 04-06-2015, 09:23 AM
Kirkwoodloyal
Racer

Name:  image-2693095801.jpg
Views: 2531
Size:  611.1 KB
Old 04-06-2015, 09:24 AM
Kirkwoodloyal
Racer

Name:  image-2815443253.jpg