Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

1955 550 Spyder by BECK – just 1,800 miles on it since built

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2015, 11:54 AM
Peterrice
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1955 550 Spyder by BECK – just 1,800 miles on it since built

Year: 1955
Make: Porsche
Model: 356
Mileage (numbers only please): 1800
Color: yellow
Price (no $ sign please): $35000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorthEast
Body Style: Cabriolet
Transmission Type: Manual - 4 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: None

SOLD.

Built by BECK in 2012, this Spyder is in Pristine condition and has the 190 hp liquid cooled Suburu 2.5 liter engine, four speed gearbox and 4 wheel disc brakes. The color is Champagne Yellow (early Porsche color) with red leather seats. Equipped with a ceramic coated stainless steel 4 into 2 into 1 exhaust, convertible top with 2 side curtains, full tonneau cover and Sparco seat belts. It’s registered/titled in NH as a 1955 Chamonix Spyder (Chamonix makes the chassis/body). No issues, needs nothing. Comes with original build order and owner’s manual from BECK. It’s a blast to drive!
Attached Images         

Last edited by Peterrice; 04-16-2015 at 02:37 PM.
Old 04-14-2015, 10:04 AM
Peterrice
Rennlist Member

bump
Old 04-14-2015, 11:58 AM
2011guardsredcay
Intermediate

As a clone, can this car wear the Porsche crest on the hood?
Old 04-14-2015, 01:36 PM
Yargk
Rennlist Member

Received 224 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by 2011guardsredcay
As a clone, can this car wear the Porsche crest on the hood?
Since we have photo evidence of the car wearing the crest and the car hasn't exploded, the crest hasn't melted, and the Porsche police have not descended from the sky, I would say yes, it can wear the crest if the owner puts it on.

GLWS
Old 04-14-2015, 03:12 PM
2011guardsredcay
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Yargk
Since we have photo evidence of the car wearing the crest and the car hasn't exploded, the crest hasn't melted, and the Porsche police have not descended from the sky, I would say yes, it can wear the crest if the owner puts it on.

GLWS
Thanks for giving me permission. I realized that I did not complete my earlier question. Try this: As a clone, can I put a Porsche crest on the hood and expect to get $35,000 for it? I'm kicking myself because I sold a 2002 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS for $3500 3 years ago.
Old 04-14-2015, 05:06 PM
maui
Instructor

I would have put a 2lt 914 engine in
Nice color
GLWS
Old 04-14-2015, 05:15 PM
Parnelli
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

most all 550 clones have the crest. Prices range from $25-$40K on these cars generally. Depends on manufacturer, engine size, options, etc.

Have always wanted one. But it would have to be an exact replica (and color combo) of James Deans car
Old 04-14-2015, 06:15 PM
2011guardsredcay
Intermediate

This is a sincere question. I would think that PCNA would have some copyright control over the use of their trademark, i.e. the Porsche Crest, which would result in legal action against others that manufacture a product and put the Porsche branded crest on it. I am unfamiliar with these cars, although they are certainly impressive in appearance. Maybe there's some licensing agreement between Porsche and Beck and others in this arena. Then there's this example: https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...roduction.html

If there's no legal problem, why no open a business, using Subaru Impreza chassis, running gear, etc, stamp out an earlier Porsche body, stick a Porsche crest on it and jack up the price.
Old 04-14-2015, 06:42 PM
RodKnock
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 2011guardsredcay
This is a sincere question. I would think that PCNA would have some copyright control over the use of their trademark, i.e. the Porsche Crest, which would result in legal action against others that manufacture a product and put the Porsche branded crest on it. I am unfamiliar with these cars, although they are certainly impressive in appearance. Maybe there's some licensing agreement between Porsche and Beck and others in this arena. Then there's this example: https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...roduction.html

If there's no legal problem, why no open a business, using Subaru Impreza chassis, running gear, etc, stamp out an earlier Porsche body, stick a Porsche crest on it and jack up the price.
It may be a sincere question, but it's not pertinent to the seller's ad.

Carroll Shelby won lawsuits protecting the name Cobra (but not the shape), yet we still see Cobra replicas with Shelby Cobra emblems everywhere. The point is, there is no police to tear off the Porsche crest from the seller's car.

EDIT: BTW, Beck also makes Speedsters.

Quick Reply: 1955 550 Spyder by BECK – just 1,800 miles on it since built