Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Want to Takeover Lease 981 or 991

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 02:13 AM
CliffJumper RS
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Want to Takeover Lease 981 or 991

Year: 2013
Make: Porsche
Model: Cayman
Mileage (numbers only please): 20000
Color: Any
Price (no $ sign please): $1000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorCal
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM Radio

Hi,

I've been wanting a Porsche Cayman or 911 for a while, but haven't been able to figure out whether they would be too impractical for my needs. So, before I custom order a 981/911 GTS or (if possible) GT4, I want to try living with one for a few months by taking over the last few months of someone's lease. I'll be upfront - I am looking for a good deal because I'd rather put my money into buying my own P-car at the end of this year.

Ideal Lease term: 2 to 7 months (might be willing to consider longer for a 911 or an exceptionally good deal)
Car preference (in order):
  1. 981 Cayman S
  2. 981 Boxster S
  3. 981 Cayman
  4. 981 Boxster
  5. 991 Carrera S or non-S
Transmission: strong preference for manual; may consider PDK for a good deal

Color & Options: I'm willing to take any color and nearly any set of options (though I may not be willing to pay extra for a bunch of options I think are worthless).

Location: I'm in San Francisco, but willing to travel (pick-up) or pay for shipping, depending on my work schedule.

My research seems to indicate that Porsche Fin Svcs does not let the original owner off the hook, which makes most people not want to do a lease transfer.

I am willing to provide the following:
- Proof that I have perfect credit
- Full payment of the remaining lease term up front so there is no credit risk
- Proof that I have $100/300/100 insurance w/ an umbrella policy well over that to cover any excess, again to remove any risk from you.

All-in (including downpayments, fees, etc), I'd like to average $750-$850/month, and may be willing to go up to $1,000/month for cars w/ higher MSRPs (991s). I know that amount may not be as high as your current lease, but I'm taking a 2-3 year old car off your hands and am offering you zero risk.

Please contact me at car@rubansk.com if you're interested.

Last edited by CliffJumper RS; 03-09-2015 at 03:08 AM.
Old 02-26-2015, 12:02 PM
Cream
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CliffJumper RS
Hi,

I've been wanting a Porsche Cayman or 911 for a while, but haven't been able to figure out whether they would be too impractical for my needs.
If you're concerned about practicality, the 991 is a lot more practical. It has a large frunk and the seats fold down in the rear offering a large space for bags, additionally, children or adults (for short rides) can fit in the back seat. Also, AWD is an option on the 991 if that matters to you.

am offering you zero risk
No such thing..
Old 02-27-2015, 11:59 AM
997xpress
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Transferring a Porsche lease does not let the the original owner off the hook - no matter what is offered - you are correct.
Old 03-09-2015, 03:14 AM
CliffJumper RS
Instructor

Thank you to anyone who has emailed so far. I have reduced the desired lease term above. I am also following SwapALease and LeaseTrader as well.

Originally Posted by Cream
If you're concerned about practicality, the 991 is a lot more practical. It has a large frunk and the seats fold down in the rear offering a large space for bags, additionally, children or adults (for short rides) can fit in the back seat. Also, AWD is an option on the 991 if that matters to you.
I will say that in some ways, I prefer the frunk/trunk combo in the Cayman in terms of practicality, but yeah, you simply can't beat having additional seats. I just experienced that Friday, Saturday and Sunday of this weekend. If I had a Cayman in the garage, I wouldn't have been able to use it for any of those 3 days.

Originally Posted by Cream
No such thing..
True... will rephrase as "as low risk as possible"

Originally Posted by 997xpress
Transferring a Porsche lease does not let the the original owner off the hook - no matter what is offered - you are correct.
Thanks for the confirm!
Old 03-22-2015, 11:01 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Pfs does not allow subleasing. The original owner is 100% on the hook.
Old 03-23-2015, 12:25 AM
CliffJumper RS
Instructor

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
Pfs does not allow subleasing. The original owner is 100% on the hook.
Thanks, I believe you are correct. I tried to address that concern in my original post:
My research seems to indicate that Porsche Fin Svcs does not let the original owner off the hook, which makes most people not want to do a lease transfer.

I am willing to provide the following:
- Proof that I have perfect credit
- Full payment of the remaining lease term up front so there is no credit risk
- Proof that I have $100/300/100 insurance w/ an umbrella policy well over that to cover any excess, again to remove any risk from you.
I'd be open to suggestions on how to make it more clear.
Old 03-23-2015, 02:20 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

It's more to it than simply prepaying the lease. The original lessee is responsible for any damage, etc, secondly pfs reserves the right to terminate the lease with such a breach of contract. The latter negatively effects the leasee's credit and future lease contracts.
If you google swap lease scams it's eye opening.
If you really want to experience a porsche, pfs offers 2 yr leases as well, with your credit you'd have no problem qualifying. The whole premise of your story would make me nervous.
I would strongly discourage any rennlist member from getting involved with lease swapping, it rarely ends well and is often a scam. There are many stories where a subleasee makes a few payments then either trashes the car, abandons it (its still registered and licensed to the primary leasee), or the car ends up stolen in which case you're screwed. This nearly happened to me with a 2011 turbo s lease that I wanted to end early. I'm not suggesting the op is anything but 100% legit, just be careful with subleasing, it has a slimy underbelly.
Old 03-23-2015, 02:54 AM
halo777
Rennlist Member

Received 105 Likes on 63 Posts

Agreed. I can't imagine any situation where someone would want to take on this risk so that they can save money on a few payments before their lease ends. And then on top of that, OP states that he is looking for an "exceptionally good deal" and wants a monthly payment amount that "may not be as high as your current lease, but I'm taking a 2-3 year old car off your hands and am offering you zero risk" LOL

OP, if you are serious about wanting to try one of the cars out for an extended period, then find a rental. Or, if you need it for longer, do as TT Surgeon says and lease one for two years.

Nothing against you personally, but I agree with TT... your whole story sounds fishy.

Last edited by halo777; 03-23-2015 at 03:12 AM.
Old 03-23-2015, 03:37 AM
halo777
Rennlist Member

Here you go...

https://exoticcars.enterprise.com/Vehicle

All the cars you are interested in (except the S version of the Boxster) are available for rental from that company. And, they have a location local to you.
Old 03-23-2015, 04:18 AM
CliffJumper RS
Instructor

Originally Posted by halo777
Agreed. I can't imagine any situation where someone would want to take on this risk so that they can save money on a few payments before their lease ends. And then on top of that, OP states that he is looking for an "exceptionally good deal" and wants a monthly payment amount that "may not be as high as your current lease, but I'm taking a 2-3 year old car off your hands and am offering you zero risk" LOL

OP, if you are serious about wanting to try one of the cars out for an extended period, then find a rental. Or, if you need it for longer, do as TT Surgeon says and lease one for two years.

Nothing against you personally, but I agree with TT... your whole story sounds fishy.
Well, this thread seems to have taken an unfortunate turn. I have looked into renting, but unfortunately it appears that are renting one of these cars for 2 to 3 days is equivalent to one month's lease payment. With a 2 y.o. kid, and another one on the way, part of the question for me is how much this car would sit around, and how much of a pain with parking on the street it would be after the initial honeymoon period.

As for potential scams, I hadn't seen the horror stories you mentioned. My bro-in-law did this with an S4 that worked well for everyone involved. Also, if anyone is still interested, I have a fairly unique name that can be easily googled before we sign any docs. They will find my name/face on a number of places that can't be easily faked (e.g. website of a top global investment firm, magazine article/photo shoot with millions of readers, a couple of press releases from when I sold my company to a publicly traded firm, etc).
Old 03-23-2015, 05:15 AM
halo777
Rennlist Member

You really don't seem to get the point. Anyone who signs their lease over to you is accepting ALL the risk if anything happens. All this other **** doesn't mean a thing. The bottom line is they are handing over the keys to their Porsche to a complete stranger, and if anything goes wrong they are royally screwed.

They will find my name/face on a number of places that can't be easily faked (e.g. website of a top global investment firm, magazine article/photo shoot with millions of readers, a couple of press releases from when I sold my company to a publicly traded firm, etc).
If you really are such a successful individual, then why are you wasting your time on a public forum, grovelling for someone to sign their car over to you for next to nothing?

Seriously, if you can afford a Porsche, then just go buy one. If you can't afford to buy one, then lease one. If you can't afford to lease one, then keep saving. Your stories about parking the car after the honeymoon are just making you sound more and more ridiculous.

Go lease a Porsche, and if you dont want it after the honeymoon period then find a stranger on the internet to take over your lease. Hand over the keys to them while YOU take on all the risk. I am sure if you are willing to sign your Porsche over to someone for less than the regular monthly lease payments (as you are requesting someone on Rennlist to do for you), then you will have no shortage of people ready to take your car from you.

Talk to Doubler33304.... he has the perfect car for you to buy
Old 03-23-2015, 05:34 AM
CliffJumper RS
Instructor

Originally Posted by halo777
Seriously, if you can afford a Porsche, then just go buy one. If you can't afford to buy one, then lease one. If you can't afford to lease one, then keep saving.
Thank you for the financial advice. You've made your point clear as fair warning to other members, so please leave the thread.

My offer still stands.
Old 03-23-2015, 05:48 AM
halo777
Rennlist Member

Here you go...

http://www.leasetrader.com/2013_Pors...r_219592.xhtml
Old 03-23-2015, 08:07 AM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 90 Posts

I am wondering why Porsche Financial Services insists on following the old standards of subleasing. Most manufacturers have advanced their thinking that if their captive finance company goes through the process of an application and evaluation of the sublease party, then the original lease holder is off the hook.

I subleased a BMW 3 series to my friend who wanted his 20 year old to have a nice car. Glad I was off the hook per the BMW sublease program as the young man totaled the car in the third week of his possession.

To the OP, good luck with your search.
Attached Images  
Old 03-23-2015, 12:15 PM
drivingon9
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just some suggestions:

1) If you truly have the money and simply don't want to blow much cash on a car you don't want to keep, why not just buy a used one for a few months, then sell it? Might even end up costing you less that the lease payments if you find a decent deal.

2) I agree with others in that it's a pretty huge gamble as the lease holder to risk effectively "renting out" my car to a stranger, especially one asking for a really good deals after claiming they can easily afford it (seems shady). The offer, in my opinion, seems backwards. In order to compensate for the risk to the lease holder, you should be offering MORE than their lease payments, not less. This is only for cases where the lease holder remains fully responsible for the car.

In either case, best of luck finding what you need.

----
2007 Black/Black 997 TT / MT

Quick Reply: Want to Takeover Lease 981 or 991