Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

993 C4S wide body 1996

Old 09-02-2014, 04:00 PM
PRSWILL
Rennlist Member

Received 436 Likes on 289 Posts

Year: 1996
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 993
Mileage (numbers only please): 89000
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof
Color: midnight blue
VIN: WP0AA299XTS321762
Price (no $ sign please): $57500
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Canada
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 4 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

^^ LOL- and true^^ - Let the drama ensue. I love the car and want the wheels.
Old 09-02-2014, 04:04 PM
il pirata
Banned

Received 166 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Mezger
Why won't you americans ever understand that there are places on this world that (thankfully) don't belong to the USA.
Canadian laws are different, get it!
Except the car is being advertised on a US WEB site…get it!
Old 09-02-2014, 04:38 PM
six gun
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mezger
Why won't you americans ever understand that there are places on this world that (thankfully) don't belong to the USA.
Canadian laws are different, get it!
We could have had a lot more (places) but we gave them back to their original owners after we liberated them.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:27 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 97 Posts

The seller might as well lock this thread, as no one will ever buy his car here after all this commentary, and it's just becoming a sad thread.
Attached Images  
Old 09-03-2014, 01:44 PM
lcorkum
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Bob
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I didn't know this Website was just for Americans! They didn't say that when I joined, I know there are members from all over the world on here, this may be located in America but it must have been meant for all 993 owners as well as other modls for that matter. . .

It is a shame to see the lack of support for what was clearly an honest add to sell a 993 C4S. If your statement is true and this Website is just for Americans then someone needs to inform the members so that everyone knows the rules that you guys abide by when you are thrashing a fellow Renlister.

I have found this forum very informative when it comes to finding out the intricate working parts of my 993 when I am in need of all the shared information on this site. Seeing you guys thrash this thread is downright disrespectful, if nothing else I hope you see there are more than one side to any story and worth reading the details before any knee jerk reaction.

happy motoring!
Lloyd
Old 09-03-2014, 02:58 PM
il pirata
Banned

Received 166 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by lcorkum
Quote:

Bob
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I didn't know this Website was just for Americans! They didn't say that when I joined, I know there are members from all over the world on here, this may be located in America but it must have been meant for all 993 owners as well as other modls for that matter. . .

It is a shame to see the lack of support for what was clearly an honest add to sell a 993 C4S. If your statement is true and this Website is just for Americans then someone needs to inform the members so that everyone knows the rules that you guys abide by when you are thrashing a fellow Renlister.

I have found this forum very informative when it comes to finding out the intricate working parts of my 993 when I am in need of all the shared information on this site. Seeing you guys thrash this thread is downright disrespectful, if nothing else I hope you see there are more than one side to any story and worth reading the details before any knee jerk reaction.

happy motoring!
Lloyd
The point was if you are going to use a WEB site based in the US and offer a car for sale to someone in the US you should be aware of the legal issues. I am sure if someone bought the car without seeing the Carfax and brought it back into the US they would be very upset if they found out it had a salvage title.

Just to clarify US law for those of you residing elsewhere, once you get a salvage title it stays with the car, unless you wash the title…which is illegal but done at times.

Never said anything about the site being only for Americans…so ARGO…stop trying to imply something not said.
Old 09-03-2014, 03:36 PM
RodKnock
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe

I agree. Quite entertaining. I keep reading posts that persuade me to all sides of all issues.

When I sell something in the future, I now intend to add the following disclaimer "Always check with the laws of your local jurisdiction, because I can't know everything."
Old 09-05-2014, 02:05 PM
lcorkum
Advanced

I agree, You need a disclaimer. This website is for all members and to finish this off, if I put an add on here it doesn't mean it is for Americans, it can be but it isn't necessarily true. If my post comes from Canada it would be prudent for one to think things are different here than they are in the US, when I brought my car back from California, I had a lot to consider including a Vehicle Accident History Search. One can never assume anything when purchasing a used car from a Private Seller and crossing a border even a friendly border like ours. In this case the seller is above reproach with his honesty and was taken to a whole different level. Doesn't look good on the thrashers.

Hopefully this thread will serve to clean up this sort of thrashing in the future otherwise you are giving the site a bad name. . .

Happy Motoring!

Lloyd
Old 09-05-2014, 03:25 PM
DrewskiOne
Rennlist Member

There is no disclaimer needed. Nor does this have anything to do with American's laws in comparison to Canada or any other country for that matter.

Bottom line is that this car has a "REBUILT" title in Canada.

This **fact** was not stated in the vehicles description and should have been. In fact, it was arguably obfuscated with descriptions of a "clear" title, "designation", etc.

Granted this thread has been hijacked but the seller has himself entirely to blame. Prospective buyers are trying to determine value and began questioning the validity of what he was selling when they discovered the omission of the Rebuilt title and subsequent vagueness in his answers to their specific questions. A car with a "rebuilt" title is worth less money than one with no history of accidents! Yes, the seller at some point mentions "rebuilt", but it seemed almost slipped into the larger discussion and ultimately did not put the issue to rest.

+1 to the reply that suggested locking this thread and reposting this the sale of this car. It's a sweet looking car with wonderful modifications. With full disclosure, the new owner will jump into the seat of their new ride knowing everything about the car and look into the mirror and see a smile on their face.
Old 09-05-2014, 06:38 PM
Augustomf
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

I think the issue here is that a seller, in this site specially, is expected to be selling to "fellow" Rennlisters, or in other words to "friends", and it would be expected to disclose all and any issues with the car. In this case mentioning that the car had an Accident, and was issued a Salvage/Rebuilt title is a significant important issue that warrants disclosure for it does impact tremendously on the resale price of the car. A clean C4S is worth anything from 45-75k a rebuilt one would be worth less the the 45k, which is a big deal!!!!
You can buy a clean Tiptronic 993S for 40k.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 993 C4S wide body 1996