Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

FS/FT Petrol Blue 1980 930

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 09:46 PM
/five
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Petrol Blue 930

Year: 1980
Make: Porsche
Model: 930
Mileage (numbers only please): 98800
Color: Petrol blue
VIN: 93A0070621
Price (no $ sign please): $49000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): West
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 4 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM Cassette

Petrol blue 1980 930 for sale

Desirable and rarely seen color combination of Petrol blue with blue leather interior and Sport seats along with the large floating rotors and hand-welded fenders of the early intercooler turbos. Car has undergone a recent documented $15k+ service at Eisenbud's (noted Denver air-cooled Porsche shop) in May of this year, at which I told them to “fix whatever needed to be done” with the caveat that I wanted it back by the start of summer to take advantage of our short driving season here in Wyoming. While in their care, the car was taken to Auto Weave (a well known Denver restoration shop) for new factory-matching headliner and installation of a new front windshield.

I have sourced numerous bits off of Pelican and private parties including correct visors to replace the originals which had become puffy with age, as well as stockpiling many NOS parts including rear light assemblies ($800), new Bosch rear lens reflectors, genuine Porsche replacement front seat belts ($500), various rubber trim pieces and moldings, a set of fantastic Fuchs 7&8s ($2650), and new Porsche alloy lug nuts ($270), to name but a few items. Without regard to cost, I have purchased any item that I have come across that is an improvement to what is already on the car while using only original and correct-for-the-car Porsche parts. My only departure from stock has been a Hooligan exhaust with short dump pipe sourced from Brian Bodart at RarlyL8 although I have retained the original exhaust and any replaced items (including the original 7&8 Fuchs which are in fine shape except could use a freshening as the paint has become chalky).

Since getting it back from Eisenbud's, I’ve put about 900 miles on the car and it has run beautifully. It settles in to a smooth idle at 1k and pulls ridiculously hard once it comes on boost at ~4k. I have taken a couple of trips over 300 miles and the temperature stays on the low side of normal. The engine remains totally dry as I would expect. I have added half a quart of oil during this time, well within spec.

Next on my list of projects are to replace the carpets, which have become tatty with age and to replace the rubber trim moldings.

With my busy schedule I am not going to be able to get around to finishing these projects in a reasonable time frame. I have been thinking more and more about trying to start taking part in driver's events and after a lot of deliberating, have decided to sell this to help fund a 997 GT3 (and keep peace with my girlfriend).

I've had a lot of interest in the car but am eager to get into a GT3. Consequently, I am lowering the price to 49,000. If you have a 7GT3, and are interested in working a trade plus cash deal, let me know. I have a

I have taken over 300 pics, which are linked to below.

Thanks,
Bill

Last edited by /five; 08-07-2014 at 09:30 PM. Reason: Updated ad
Old 07-30-2014, 11:43 AM
/five
Rennlist Member

Old 07-30-2014, 10:10 PM
keytohwy
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Be still my heart!
Old 07-30-2014, 11:49 PM
993Brendan
Drifting

Received 54 Likes on 18 Posts

Beautiful car....dream car growing up. gLWS
Old 08-01-2014, 10:36 PM
/five
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BLT4SPD
John (Eisenbud) has been servicing Porsche's in the Denver area for as long as I can remember! He's a great guy with a great reputation and as long as you can stomach his slightly dirty shop and slightly off-putting personality, I would consider him the best in the Denver area.
Lifted this quote from the resurrected 993 classified ad newly bumped. Would agree wholeheartedly.
Lots of people waiting on more pics and details and I will be updating ad tomorrow.
Thanks for looking,
Bill
Old 08-02-2014, 09:52 PM
/five
Rennlist Member

Here is a link to over 300 pics I took this morning. A lot of the shots are duplicated, but I tried to add commentary on some of them.

Petrol Blue 930 Slideshow by Petrol_blue930 | Photobucket

I took her out for a speed run at dusk last night and am not exaggerating when I say she runs great and looks good doing it!
http://vid1286.photobucket.com/albums/a609/Petrol_blue930/IMG_0513_zps705c8ac1.mp4For those not too familiar with the 930s, this 1980 is basically the same car as the '79. It still has the hand-welded fender flares and floating rotors ala the 917.

I'll be putting some more stuff together for interested parties.

Thanks,
Bill

Last edited by /five; 08-02-2014 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Add video
Old 08-03-2014, 03:12 PM
/five
Rennlist Member

To answer some questions that have been raised:
1. The car is totally straight and dry. I have been all over the car and documented in pics the only areas of note: there is a playing card area in the right rear wheel well which has been professionally replaced. There is minor superficial rust under the battery, but again only superficial and superficial surface rust on the lower aspect of the passenger side front headlight where road spray would be flung forward. There are two match head to pencil eraser sized hard bubbles in the paint just rear of the driver's door handle on back wing. I have been over whole car with magnet, asked Eisenbud's and no evidence of damage, fender replacement, body work or other issues. Dave Imes at Apex in Denver did the paint and it shows very very nicely. I'm sure he remembers the car.
2. Someone asked about the front valance, which is repainted from red. PO changed to later style valance with flush mounted fog lights as he liked the look so this assembly is new, but I have the correct valance original to this car as well as the fog lights.
3. Original speakers are removed. I do not have them. Door panels have not been cut and if you can locate originals, they should be a drop in fit.
4. The front headlight washer reservoir and assembly has been removed by PO. I do not have it and have not bothered to look for one as I didn't see using it. I'm not sure how easy/hard this would be to find.
5. I have the stock Euro exhaust as delivered.
6. I have records from prior owners as well as factory 930 workshop manuals

It's easiest for me to talk to anyone interested and feel free to call my cell 5207801782 (MST).

I have updated the price to $49k as I'm eager to get into a 997 GT3.

Thanks,

Last edited by /five; 08-07-2014 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Updated price
Old 08-07-2014, 09:33 PM
/five
Rennlist Member

bump with new price

Quick Reply: FS/FT Petrol Blue 1980 930