Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

1972 911T Targa

Old 08-20-2013, 08:52 PM
rliberty
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1972 911T Targa

Year: 1972
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 911
Mileage (numbers only please): 80000
Color: White
VIN: 9112111138
Price (no $ sign please): $29000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): SouthEast
Body Style: Targa
Transmission Type: Manual - 5 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Carbs
Stereo System: AM Radio

Up for sale is a 1972 911T Targa

This car runs and drives and is a great car for restoration. The car body is exceptional. The floors, fender wells, battery boxes are all rust free. It is virtually rust free and needs VERY little repair. After a thorough inspection, the car also appears to have never been in an accident. All the factory welds are intact an unaltered.

I purchased the car from what I think is the second owner. Supposedly the first owner did an engine rebuild totaling $10,000 however I do not have copies of the receipts. The car has been sitting indoors for 10 + years and driven very little. I had the car looked at by a Porsche tech and he suggested If I keep it to reseal the engine and adjust the valves and carbs. The brakes should be rebuilt as well.

As you can see in the pictures, the car received RS bumpers and rear spoiler conversion. This was done in the 80s. The great news is they did NOT flare the car. At the same time, the car was painted white to replicate the RS look. The car was painted thoroughly in the trunk and jams. My plan was to paint the car its original color, silver metallic and restore the car to original. I removed the rear duck tail and have installed a solid stock 72 rear deck lid that would be painted during that time.

This is a number matching car as it relates to the chassis and 2.4 engine. I cant verify the 915 is a match since the numbers are very hard to read by road rash (refer to the flicker pics). The car will come with the set of 5 original fuchs dated 72, steering wheel, seats, folding targa top, hood crest, etc. The car was a factory air car but it has been removed. Additionally, the mfi was removed at some point and Webers were installed. Though they need adjustment, the car fires up and drives every time.

The COA is here and will be included in the sale. Below are the options on the car from its original manufacturing date.

10 Black top
80 Silver metallic
11 Black leatherette
C02 US Equipment
400 Light Metal Wheels 6j x 15
185.70.vr15 tires
416 Raised steering wheel hub
453 Blaupunkt Radio Frankfurt US band
470 Comfort Equipment
559 Air Conditioning
Dunlop tires

The VIN is 9112111138

This car is the perfect car for an easy restoration. That was my intent however I have a 1971 targa, 1961 356, 72 914, as well as others and would prefer to offer this to an enthusiast who has the time to dedicate to make the car what it should be.

I have lowered the price to a more realistic number after further market research. I am offering the car for $29,000.00 OBO to the right buyer. After fair and reasonable restoration costs, there is still a nice equity position in this car thus making it a great investment.

I would consider a partial/full trade for a well sorted, early/original number matching 911 Turbo Carrera or 930 , an RSR tribute, or a reasonable 356 cabriolet. I am open to justified reasonable offers as well.
The car is located in Louisville, KY and can be views most anytime

Feel free to call or email me with any questions. Though I don't claim to be an expert, I am a Porsche guy. I have a few very nice cars and have had a passion enjoying these cars for the past 20 years. That said, I want to stress that I am not one of the fly by night guys trying to make a quick buck. I simply don't need two Targa's and prefer to keep the 1971 and replace this car with another Porsche model that is turn key.

There are a large number of pictures in the following flicker link.

http://www.flickr.com/x/t/0094009/ph...7635137487555/

Thanks!
Robert Liberty
rliberty@primeres.com
Old 01-15-2014, 09:05 PM
bonddaddy
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

By any chance is this car still available?.
Old 07-20-2014, 10:32 AM
funhomemack
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I looked at your pictures and hope you sell the 1972. I am curious about the "Olive" Targa in the background. Could you give some information on it? I have a 1971 911 T Targa in Olive and getting ready to start a restoration.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1972 911T Targa