Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

FS: 1987 Porsche 928S4, 2nd Owner, All recent service, great condition! (Marin, CA)

Old 09-20-2013, 01:38 PM
jdbfreeheel
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: 1987 Porsche 928S4, 2nd Owner, All recent service, great condition! (Marin, CA)

Year: 1987
Make: Porsche
Model: 928
Cont. Porsche Models: 928 (all)
Mileage (numbers only please): 125000
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Leather Seats, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof
Color: Diamond Blue Metallic
Price (no $ sign please): $13600
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorCal
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Tiptronic
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM Cassette

Hello All,
Well, though I didn't think this time would come, I've decided to part ways with my wonderful 928S4. No major issues, new service (belts, pump, rear shocks, axle boots, tires). I've decided to look for a convertible Porsche and I need the space.

See below for info. Happy to answer questions.

-Josh

FOR SALE: Gorgeous 1987 Porsche 928 S4 Coupe. Auto transmission. 125k miles on a well-maintained and fantastically clean and stock engine, drive train and body. $13,600.

This is a Porsche Club of America (PCA) member owned car. All belts recently done by one of the best shops in NorCal.

Always well-maintained. Over $7000 in professional care, maintenance, and service completed in the last 18 months. Happy to show receipts. It's ready to roll!

This 928 is the desirable S4 with good option package, full leather, and stock condition. No weird wiring jobs, no sketchy box amps, no left over projects requiring "just a tune up."

I purchased this 928 from the original owner who bought it from Claridges (now Fremont Porsche) in 1987. It was maintained there up through 2010 and the senior service adviser at Fremont Porsche knows this 928 well, due to its regular maintenance there. The engine runs well, no hiccups or problems. Always had high quality work done.

All normal and necessary maintenance recently completed- so no worries about taking this sweet ride out. Body and interior are in very good condition. Silver metallic exterior shines as it should (only a few small road-rock chips), Blue leather interior in very good shape. Steering is as original, tight and predictable. Yes, the dash and pod have a few cracks (but truly not that bad). Yes the headlights operate as they should.Original build sticker intact, along with original spare tire (the inflatable kind), original tool kit, and original Porsche car cover included. Assorted vintage Porsche 928 advertisements, magazine articles and posters available too.

Also included, if purchased for asking price: Full set of original Porsche 928 Shop Service Manuals in original binders and storage box. These alone go for $500-$1000 when they come up for sale. They are rare and highly sought after.

This 928 drives as it should. It is fun and deserves to be enjoyed.

Recent work completed (All by renown Porsche shop, HiTec Auto in San Rafael - they can vouch for the condition of this car!)
1) New Timing belt, rollers, v belts, water pump, crankshaft seal, thermostat - replaced September 2012
2) New re-built AC Control unit (with added fuse, a well-known add-on for better longevity)
3) New Turn Signal indicator installed (fixed the inoperable turn signal cancel)
4) New brake lines
5) Re-seal of Oil filler canister
6) New coolant hoses
7) New Tires (proper original size), mounted and balanced
8) New rear axle boots
9) New Boge Red Shocks, bump stops, and dust boots (to match front Boge Reds) - Read up on these! Only available directly from Germany - huge performance improvement over standard shocks - these were an original option with this car!
10) New interior window switches - owner installed
11) New drivers seat control switch - owner installed
12) New oem style Blaupunkt radio with added AUX input - purchased from SW Stereo, owner installed
13) New color-matched Coco mats

The "Full-Disclosure" Items:

1) The alarm has gone off, without warning, twice when parked. No idea why. Most people on the online forums recommend a jumper bypass (behind the glove compartment) for the old alarm module. I haven't done this job yet.
2) The passenger window switch is finicky. Sometimes it works as it should, sometimes it decides not to work. I have replaced the switches but this too is a common problem. If I kept this car, I would upgrade to the new touch switch system that is available. I have the contact information of the guy who makes and sells these.
3) The sunroof does not like to operate at highway speeds. Porsche never recommended this as the motor struggles with the wind force. Works fine when standing.
4) Dash pod and dash have a few cracks - this is common and I've just accepted it.
5) Small chips on front and hood
6) Small plastic trim around front body panels is showing its age. This is a rare part (and not noticeable, but if you want a show car, this would need to be replaced)
7) One wheel is more polished than the others.
8) Small section of drivers seat seam is starting to separate. Not ripped.
9) The front passenger fender has been re-sprayed (by original owner) due to a 'parking lot incident.' That is what I was told. I had a shop look into it when I bought the car and they said there was no noticeable damage internal or underneath and the body panel is original, so I accept the premise of the story.
10) The rear hatch release sometimes works and sometimes does not. It has to do with the position of the rear lock latch. I can show you more when you look at it. This is common. Key release works flawlessly.

Terms: Car is purchased AS IN with no warranty or guarantees expressed or implied. No shipping. I want you to make an informed decision if you choose to buy this car so you must see it in person. Potential buyers can have a PPI done at their expense. I am happy to put you in touch with the guys at HiTec Auto if you simply want to ask their opinion on the car.

Last edited by jdbfreeheel; 10-05-2013 at 04:13 PM.
Old 12-14-2013, 10:48 PM
kevinr
Instructor

Sold?
Old 12-15-2013, 01:46 PM
jdbfreeheel
Intermediate

Not sold. Was taken off the market but I'm accepting offers/interest.

Let me know if you have questions, etc.

-Josh
Old 12-18-2013, 11:00 AM
msw74
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pm sent
Old 12-18-2013, 03:42 PM
jdbfreeheel
Intermediate

Replied to PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FS: 1987 Porsche 928S4, 2nd Owner, All recent service, great condition! (Marin, CA)