Notices

Changing to LED lighting

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 07:29 PM
linzman
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Changing to LED lighting

I would like to swap out the fluorescent tubes in my ATC trailer for LED ones. I know there are conversion kits at Home Depot or Amazon, but i'm hoping for some first hand experience. Any recommendations on what's easiest and best?

Thanks
Old 01-18-2017, 09:27 PM
Steve Dawson
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I know little about trailers (I'm here to learn), but I changed out the fluorescent lights in my garage for LED units from Costco. Plenty of light, lighter fixture, no cold start problems, no flicker, lower power drain and tougher. The units they stock now have a 5' cord on one end and an outlet on the other so you can daisy chain them. There are also LED replacements for fluorescent tubes that fit in existing fixtures.
Old 01-18-2017, 10:12 PM
jwasilko
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by linzman
I would like to swap out the fluorescent tubes in my ATC trailer for LED ones. I know there are conversion kits at Home Depot or Amazon, but i'm hoping for some first hand experience. Any recommendations on what's easiest and best?

Thanks
Some of the replacement tubes require you to replace the starter or bypass the ballast.
Old 01-21-2017, 09:35 PM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 510 Likes on 350 Posts

Originally Posted by jwasilko
Some of the replacement tubes require you to replace the starter or bypass the ballast.
I replaced all the 4' fluorescent tubes in my garage w/ LED, takes just a minute w/ wire cutters to remove and rewire the existing fixture.

prices are all over the place, do an internet search,
I buy from these guys, 5k or even better 6k color temp only

https://greenlightdepot.com/collections/led-tube-lights

Quick Reply: Changing to LED lighting