Notices

Extension mirrors for a 2012 Cayenne?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2016, 08:53 AM
Difool
Rennlist Member

Received 120 Likes on 75 Posts
Default Extension mirrors for a 2012 Cayenne?

I searched around a bit for extension mirrors for a Cayenne and found some old threads but the product links were obsolete. The products that come up on a Google search look iffy. I've seen a couple cayennes with extension mirrors at the track but at the time didn't think I needed them. I can see back along both side of the trailer fine, but have to rely on curves in the road to figure out if someone is directly behind me.

Has anyone got something that they like? I live in the city and have to fold the existing mirrors to fit into my parking space. So I'd need something that isn't too wide or can easily be detached.

In the short term I'm going to grab a wifi cam, to use with my iPhone, but am looking for more comfortable options.
Old 07-16-2016, 10:32 AM
Trailers of the East Coast
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure if it's an option you've looked at before, but I've seen a couple of customer vehicles with setups like these. Seemed easy enough to install/remove and operate.

https://www.etrailer.com/p-11650.html

- Matt @ TOEC
Old 07-16-2016, 11:37 AM
Difool
Rennlist Member

Nope, I've never seen those before. Looks dangerous for the door paint, and with wind could be putting a lot of torque on the relatively small bracket. Will keep an eye out for them in the wild. Will be at Palmer and then WGI in August, and will look more closely at what others are doing.
Old 07-17-2016, 05:38 PM
mlct
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 39 Posts

Have used the Aero3 on my 2011 Cayenne for the last few years. You still have a blind spot directly behind you similar to 18 wheelers who have a sign saying "if you cannot see my mirrors I cannot see you". Have been tempted to get one of those signs...or a backup camera to really see what is behind me.

https://www.amazon.com/Dometic-DM-28...ds=aero+mirror
Old 07-18-2016, 07:05 AM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 491 Posts

Originally Posted by mlct
Have used the Aero3 on my 2011 Cayenne for the last few years. You still have a blind spot directly behind you similar to 18 wheelers who have a sign saying "if you cannot see my mirrors I cannot see you". Have been tempted to get one of those signs...or a backup camera to really see what is behind me.

https://www.amazon.com/Dometic-DM-28...ds=aero+mirror
I have these mirrors - used them on my Cayenne and now Q7. They work really well and can be installed in a minute.
Old 07-18-2016, 09:24 AM
Difool
Rennlist Member

There you go. Will order a set. Thanks both.

Quick Reply: Extension mirrors for a 2012 Cayenne?