Notices

TPMS for Trailer - Great Investment

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2016, 09:52 AM
Viperbob1
Nordschleife Master

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default TPMS for Trailer - Great Investment

This is an awesome new Forum... So I thought I would add something I used for the first time going to VIR and that is was great and not too expensive. A wireless TPMS for the trailer (and can get enough sensors to do truck if older model). We have a triple axle and it took about 5 minutes to install and setup and I had pressures and temps displayed on all 6 wheels for the trip. It has alarms if pressures start to fall and if temp get too high (like wheel bearing going). Wont be without this now.

http://eezrvproduct.com/TIRE-PRESSUR...MS-TPMS_c3.htm
Old 07-10-2016, 08:38 PM
dogger15
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Agree 100%. After reading some of the horror stories on here about blowouts and the resultant carnage (up to having your trailer with car stolen), I decided to specify some extras on my new trailer to try and nip that problem in the bud. I specified E rated tires, 2 spares and TPMS.

The system I'm using is by Truck Systems Technologies (TST), and uses an internal sensor arrangement much like the OEM systems. I like it because there is less chance of the sensor falling off or being stolen like I have experienced in the past. Since I specified this system before my
trailer was built, it's not a problem because the sensors can be banded to the wheel before the tires are mounted. Of course this is a problem for an existing trailer unless you could time the installation to new tire time. I wouldn't be surprised if the truck manufacturers started offering
remote sensor capability as an option in the very near future, it is that good of an idea, IMO.

Here's a link to anyone interested: http://www.vulcantire.com/tst_507rv_b4wl_bmint_sys.htm

Last edited by dogger15; 07-11-2016 at 04:10 PM.
Old 07-11-2016, 11:33 AM
stujelly
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

I just installed the same system but have nothing to report back yet.

It is relatively simple to set up and install

We keep blowing tires on our stacker trailer so this will be a good tell tail for what is going on.
Old 07-11-2016, 11:40 AM
pmason
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been using the TST system for the last 3~4 years, made for 18wheelers.
http://tsttruck.com/product/tst-507sce-kit/

Keep thinking I want to put them on the race car to get tire pressure and temp :-)
Old 07-11-2016, 12:03 PM
Dr911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

OK this is VERY cool…I was JUST getting my stuff together for the drive from VIR country to Sebring this week and was wondering if such a thing existed…

Please can you report on how you liked it after your long haul drive?
Old 07-11-2016, 12:41 PM
jwasilko
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

I've also got the TST 507 system. It seems to work well. Customer service during the ordering process was great.
Old 07-11-2016, 06:31 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 142 Likes on 95 Posts

Been using the PressurePro 10 wheel monitoring solution since I suffered two blowouts on one trip coming back from Hallett. Works great and is very reliable - PressurePro 10 Wheel TPMS

Toby
Old 07-11-2016, 08:32 PM
Dave 86 930 Fl
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I've been running the TST system for 5 plus years and of course I've not experienced a blowout since ... Reminds me of when I installed a whole house generator and never experienced another major power outage. Piece of mind when towing is worth the $400 for an eight sensor system!
Old 07-13-2016, 10:36 PM
Viperbob1
Nordschleife Master

The eez and TST look almost the same as far as monitor and sensors. The thing I recommend is get one. I lost a tire one time on the Golden Gate Bridge with a The Racers Group Le Mans winning car in the trailer. I had a car next to me call to tell me (number on trailer then) the tire was gone on the outside. I had visions going over the side of the bridge. I feel much safer now.
Old 08-01-2016, 10:17 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 808 Likes on 494 Posts

Originally Posted by Viperbob1
This is an awesome new Forum... So I thought I would add something I used for the first time going to VIR and that is was great and not too expensive. A wireless TPMS for the trailer (and can get enough sensors to do truck if older model). We have a triple axle and it took about 5 minutes to install and setup and I had pressures and temps displayed on all 6 wheels for the trip. It has alarms if pressures start to fall and if temp get too high (like wheel bearing going). Wont be without this now.

http://eezrvproduct.com/TIRE-PRESSUR...MS-TPMS_c3.htm
I just bought this system and installed it. It did take me about 15 - 20 minutes to set it up in terms of alarm minimums and maximums. The only thing I regret is not getting it sooner. For anybody towing a trailer, this is a MUST HAVE.
Old 08-01-2016, 11:58 PM
Viperbob1
Nordschleife Master

Thats great Frank. Good luck. I love ours. I also installed a sensor on the 2 spare tires for the trailer.
Old 08-17-2016, 10:45 PM
OpieT
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great thread, thanks for posting. I wasn't aware this before...top of my list for next upgrade.
Old 08-18-2016, 12:25 PM
MSWNCity
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Installed the EEZ RV system on our dual axel trailer this week and towed it from CA to ID. Early in the trip it indicated that the front axel tires were running hot. Guessing that the brake pads might be dragging I stopped, back up a few feet, and started out again. No drag, temps came right back into line and I had a safe and worry free trip. Wish I had installed these sensors years ago!

MW
Old 08-28-2016, 11:18 PM
cre8fun
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know if this would apply for this product because I don't know how heavy the sensors are. I did see in another thread about TPMS for trailers, some users were having valve stem failures because the valves were not steel and the excess weight of the sensor on the stem was causing the rubber to fail.

does anyone know what the stem requirements are for this not to be an issue with this system? would hate to try and avoid pressure issues only to create a different problem.
Old 08-29-2016, 06:39 AM
Dave 86 930 Fl
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

TST recommends metal valve stems.

Quick Reply: TPMS for Trailer - Great Investment