Notices
Spec Boxsters For info sharing on this exciting new class

Wanted: car for build

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2017, 06:11 PM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Received 85 Likes on 71 Posts

Starting the bilstein install, are people leaving the helper springs or not? I'm using 6" swift springs and want to make sure that I can get down to the lowest allowable ride ht.
Old 05-07-2017, 09:50 AM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Lots of progress on the car, starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Replaced all wheel bearings, suspension is in and complete, just need to corner weight and align. Will wait on cage install to complete. Car doors are cut and ready for the cage.

Third radiator installed and plumbed, side radiators back in the car. Will cut heater lines today and install metal 90o before filling and burping. Boxster S heat exchanger is in.

Cutting on the front and rear bumper is complete, should get screens installed today.

Rear spoiler mounted in up position.

New AOS installed, as well as FVD deep sump and baffle. Air injection system removed, AC removed.

Wiring has been cut as much as I'm going to do. Relays, fuses, and security box moved to passenger side. Car starts up on first try and runs well. Lights and miles etc show up on dash pod, but no tach, fuel level, temp, etc working. Guessing I'm missing a ground? EDIT: Fixed, found the one stinking wire!

Need to start on exhaust and mount some tow hooks.

Scored a third set of wheels (boxster S twists, 7s and 8.5s) for $275 delivered from ATL. My other two sets of wheels are square setup, thought I would jump on the mixed setup to test and possibly for rain tires???
Attached Images   

Last edited by Lemming; 05-09-2017 at 01:37 PM.
Old 06-01-2017, 09:38 AM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Car should be ready for its first testing in 9 days at Barber.
Attached Images   
Old 06-01-2017, 10:26 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 253 Likes on 156 Posts

Nice stout cage!
Old 06-01-2017, 11:40 AM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Gary R.
Nice stout cage!
This is the second cage that Mark at Kirk Racing has built for me. Having been in a car that was on fire, I wanted fast/easy egress. For me egress is compounded by the fact that I use a halo seat and am height challenged. Mark did a great job in keeping the bars low but safe, as well as pushing them out as far as possible. This setup is much easier for me to get out/in than my 944LS.

Not shown are bars extending to the front strut towers.

I set height, corner balanced and aligned the car this past weekend. I still have to mount the roof, but the car is just about track ready (but not finished and polished by any means).

Still need to find a few lbs to remove to put me where I want to be coming off track.
Old 06-01-2017, 03:20 PM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Lemming
This is the second cage that Mark at Kirk Racing has built for me. Having been in a car that was on fire, I wanted fast/easy egress. For me egress is compounded by the fact that I use a halo seat and am height challenged. Mark did a great job in keeping the bars low but safe, as well as pushing them out as far as possible. This setup is much easier for me to get out/in than my 944LS.

Not shown are bars extending to the front strut towers.

I set height, corner balanced and aligned the car this past weekend. I still have to mount the roof, but the car is just about track ready (but not finished and polished by any means).

Still need to find a few lbs to remove to put me where I want to be coming off track.
Are bars going to front strut legal??
Old 06-01-2017, 03:33 PM
ace37
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by audipwr1
Yes, they're explicitly allowed by PCA SPB rule 1A. An excerpt: "Roll cages may not pass through walls or sills but may pass through the front bulkhead and be tied to the shock tower."
Old 06-01-2017, 09:51 PM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by audipwr1
Based on the latest club rules, yes, as ace pointed out.
Old 06-02-2017, 12:03 PM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Still have bits and pieces to add to the dash.
Attached Images   
Old 06-02-2017, 02:10 PM
ace37
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 84 Posts

Looking very nice!
Old 06-02-2017, 10:12 PM
TJA1
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cage looks great and I also like the switch panel layout. Will it have its inaugural run at the Father's Day event? I probably won't make Barber until September with Chin this year.
Old 06-02-2017, 10:47 PM
PGas32
Rennlist Member

Received 190 Likes on 104 Posts

What all do you have wired up on the switch panel??
Old 06-03-2017, 10:40 AM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by TJA1
Cage looks great and I also like the switch panel layout. Will it have its inaugural run at the Father's Day event? I probably won't make Barber until September with Chin this year.
First testing will be JTI at Barber next weekend, then our PCA event on Fathers day weekend. I don't get alot of drive time at the latter, always busy with my instructors and students. I will likely be at Chin in Sept.

Originally Posted by PGas32
What all do you have wired up on the switch panel??
Radiator fan, lights, wipers, cool suit, electronics, ignition, starter and the most important gauge, engine oil pressure. All high amperage systems are set up on relays, and wipers/lights are hi/low selectable. Fuses and relays are located behind the dash air bag cover and easily assessable.

Still room to add additional switches, fire cable pull (in progress) and gauges.

Most people put the ignition and starter closest to the driver, I didn't because I don't want to accidentally kill the ignition if I reach over to flip a switch during a race (don't ask me how I know of this issue!).
Old 06-07-2017, 12:12 PM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Top is installed, still needs to be painted, lexan window will be blacked out on the edging. Not much left to do before testing this weekend. After that, lot's of cosmetics to get the car looking good.
Attached Images  
Old 06-07-2017, 09:43 PM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Washed and ready for the test weekend.
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: Wanted: car for build