Notices

Dealer recommendation for test drives around NYC

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2016, 09:41 AM
MrSlacker
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Dealer recommendation for test drives around NYC

Hey guys, I would like to test drive a few different used models to see what I like. I do not currently own a Pcar so do not have a relationship with any dealers. Can you recommend a dealer around NYC that will allow me to test drive several models and help decide what is the best vehicle for me?

I am looking at used and will be hunting for a car over the winter months. I know that if I disclose my intentions to a random sales guy, I will not be treated properly and probably will not be allowed to a test drive.

Thanks!
Old 08-14-2016, 05:28 PM
spiderv6
Drifting

Received 265 Likes on 137 Posts

I wouldn't worry about the sales guys too much. They don't give a crap about you or your intentions.

I was shopping a few months ago and visited 5 or 6 dealers - NONE of them EVER called me back. Even the ones where I made firm offers for cars. These guys really dont give a crap.

Go drive their cars and buy one wherever you want.
Old 08-14-2016, 11:41 PM
tommy618
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Save your time and avoid Rosyln. They don't allow test drives until price is negotiated. That's what they told me a couple months ago.
Old 08-15-2016, 08:59 AM
MrSlacker
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by tommy618
Save your time and avoid Rosyln. They don't allow test drives until price is negotiated. That's what they told me a couple months ago.
This is exact information I was looking for. Did you find a more friendly dealer?
Old 08-15-2016, 09:02 AM
tommy618
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

While I was shopping, I was able to test drive at New Country (Greenwich), Huntington, and South Shore without any questions/hassles. Ended up buying a CPO 991 from New Country.

Good luck with your search.
Old 08-15-2016, 09:26 AM
Carsly
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by tommy618
While I was shopping, I was able to test drive at New Country (Greenwich), Huntington, and South Shore without any questions/hassles. Ended up buying a CPO 991 from New Country.

Good luck with your search.
This. I live in NJ and found a cherry 996TT at New Country in Greenwich. They were a pleasure to deal with every step of the way, no pressure. I also was able to negotiate some upcoming servicing into the purchase price and after we agreed on everything their inspection found a couple small issues, which they then addressed without my even asking, including a new pair of rear tires.

Note if you buy a used car in CT it comes with either a 60 or 90 day (I forget which) warranty by law. New Country contacted me post-sale during the warranty period to see if everything was okay and reminding me that if I found any issues to just bring it back and they would set it right.

I'd certainly recommend them over any of the NJ dealers I've visited.
Old 08-17-2016, 12:18 PM
brownan
Rennlist Member

Received 202 Likes on 100 Posts

Rich DelMazzio is the CPO/used Sales Manager at New Country. High quality guy.
Old 08-20-2016, 07:07 PM
Alan A
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Driven cars at Paul Miller and Danbury Porsche.
Both occasions as a walk in without any issue.
Old 08-24-2016, 08:44 AM
ejdoherty911
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

MrSlacker I think most dealers will allow you to test drive their used cars. I could see the dealer wanting to qualify you for purchase first (credit check) before handing over the keys to new vehicles. I just walked into my local Porsche dealer and they handed over the keys to a new Cayman S without question. I did arrive in a 911 and I had a recent history of repair work done at their dealership.

Quick Reply: Dealer recommendation for test drives around NYC