Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 354 Likes on 197 Posts
Default Dundon Motorsports Update

Hi Guys,

They're Ready for Order!

https://rennlist.com/forums/gt4/9495...group-buy.html

More to come with GT4 Street system, full exhaust options and our other goodies!

Last edited by Jamie@dundonmotorsports; 08-18-2016 at 04:53 PM.
Old 05-16-2016, 10:55 PM
n3rd
Pro

Received 80 Likes on 41 Posts

Cannot wait for these headers. Can I pay now?
Old 05-16-2016, 10:57 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

As soon as we have results we're happy with, we'll put an intro Group Buy together!
Old 05-16-2016, 11:16 PM
Bardman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Nice update. Keen to see a catted headers option for the gt4, I know not your first priority but the only option for many of us.

It seems there is a distinct lack of dyno charts for gt4 header solutions (heres looking at you cargraphic, fvd, and to a lessor extent gmg), so looking forward to you publishing yours.

Will you / do you offer tunes to go with them?
Old 05-16-2016, 11:29 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

You'll have dyno charts galore. We tell the whole story, car stock, car headers only, full exhaust, induction changes, and tuned. We're Cobb pro tuners, and we'll be having Frank from TTFS (whose tuned our 991 GT3/RS setups) take some time with our solutions as well.

We can't wait to get started and share what we learn!
Old 05-16-2016, 11:33 PM
n3rd
Pro

I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys can do on the intake side of things...
Old 05-16-2016, 11:51 PM
Bardman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamie@dundonmotorsports
You'll have dyno charts galore. We tell the whole story, car stock, car headers only, full exhaust, induction changes, and tuned. We're Cobb pro tuners, and we'll be having Frank from TTFS (whose tuned our 991 GT3/RS setups) take some time with our solutions as well.

We can't wait to get started and share what we learn!
Sounds good!

So far, this FVD tune dyno seems to indicate the best bang for buck mod I have seen for the GT4.

Highlights:
- has eliminated the low rpm torque dip (you can see it still flattens out at 3600rpms but it doesnt go backward like it does on every other dyno chart for mods that I have seen other than the Fabspeed 450 chart)
- on no part of the graph is either power or torque lower than stock (again, I have not seen this on other GT4 dynos)

This is the one to beat, IMO. Will be curious to see which direction your headers go, and then what you can do with headers and tune. I think you will be able to knock it out of the park!
Old 05-23-2016, 03:33 AM
CarAholic
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 107 Posts

Can't wait to see the results of these
Old 05-23-2016, 04:21 PM
Patrick@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Hi Guys,

I know you're looking for GT4 Headers/Exhaust updates and those will be forthcoming end of May to early June. In the mean time wanted to update you on everything else:

Lots going on behind the scenes at DMS headquarters. We have the shop in what's called a "soft" open. City wants to come back and see us in action before our official opening, so we're getting things setup to for that. We've moved exhaust production to our new shop location, been working to get the website up, dyno is here, dyno cell to be built and installed by middle of summer (we'll run it without for now), and most importantly we've brought some very talented people on to help us!

First, Justin Wilson has joined our team. Justin comes to us after many years at Cantrell Motorsports. He's a long time Porsche guy, Porsche GT car owner, owned and raced a cup car up Pikes Peak (and we will be going back, maybe in a GT4, maybe in a 991!), a quick driver and super nice, honest guy! Justin will be helping us handle sales and marketing for our aftermarket parts division, includes all the exhausts, custom airboxes, plenums, tunes etc... He'll introduce himself soon.

For those of you local to the Northwest we've also brought John Desimone on part time, growing to full time as a Technician/Sales Advisor. John's a seasoned Porsche tech and his specialty is suspensions and setup, in fact he's a crew chief for one of the teams that competes at the 25hr of Thunderhill.

We're pushing to catch up on 991 GT3/RS Race Exhausts that are backordered, then onto 991 Catted and GT4 exhausts (finally!). And with the added help, and being in our new facility, things will start coming much faster!

Thank you for all of your support and we look forward to continuing to humbly serve the Porsche GT car community!

Jamie
Thanks for the intro Jamie!

Hey guys! I'm really excited to be a part of the Dundon Motorsports team and I'm looking forward to working with all of you in the future.

Here's my quick BIO:
I was the General Manager at Cantrell Motorsports for the last 3 years and have probably sold roll bars and harnesses to a few of you. I recently moved to Phoenix, AZ to be closer to family and to enjoy the nicer weather. I have worked on pro racing teams in Champ Car, American Touring Car Series, Nascar Truck Series, and did a 5 year stint with a privately owned Vintage Porsche and Ferrari collection. I currently own a GT4 and just sold my 996 GT3 Cup that I raced at the Pikes Peak Hillclimb last June.

I'm as anxious as you are to test the new GT4 products that are under developement, and I'm really excited to see how popular the 991 GT3 products are and to see the kind of power that their producing.

I am here to answer all of your questions and to be of any assistance that you may need, so please feel free to reply to me on RL, email or by phone.

Have a great day!

Justin Wilson
Dundon Motorsports
206-465-4753
justin@dundonmotorsports.com
Old 06-04-2016, 10:55 PM
n3rd
Pro

Now that the RS headers are done congrats on the great numbers. Any updates on the GT4 end?
Old 06-05-2016, 02:51 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

GT4 is at the shop, going on the rack this week!
Old 06-25-2016, 07:07 PM
n3rd
Pro

Any updates?
Old 06-25-2016, 07:33 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,480 Likes on 2,269 Posts

I dealt with Justin numerous occasions.
he is the real deal.
cool addition to dundon
Old 06-29-2016, 06:14 PM
CarAholic
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 107 Posts

Any News
Old 06-29-2016, 06:21 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by n3rd
Any updates?
Originally Posted by CarAholic
Any News
Stock Exhaust is off the car, fixtures are made for the flange spacing, we're waiting for the prototype collectors to arrive, there was a material shortage, so we had to wait, they are in production now.

Ideally we'll have some prototype data/dyno runs by next week!

Sorry for the delay, had to get the 996 GT3 4.0L finished.

Jamie

Quick Reply: Dundon Motorsports Update