Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

997.2 Cup Car with full race spare package for sale

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 05:17 PM
MirageJHU
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default [SOLD] 997.2 Cup Car with full race spare package for sale

Year: 2010
Make: Porsche
Model: 0
Cont. Porsche Models: GT3
Mileage (numbers only please): 70
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Power Steering
Color: white (matte black wrap)
VIN: WP0ZZZ99ZAS798128
Price (no $ sign please): $85000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorCal
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: None

SOLD 2010 997.2 Porsche GT3 Cup Car for sale

VIN WP0ZZZ99ZAS798128
Price $85k all in (updated price 1/25) SOLD
Car Details:
PMNA sealed 3.8L motor
Approx. 70 hours
Cyl 1 and 6 had ~8% leakdown while the other cylinders were 5% - this was on a Snapon Gauge that's good for giving a range but tough to get exact percentages - but this was all good
Bill Rader rebuilt transmission ~12 hours – stock shifter with auto-blipper for downshifts
Axles ~ 10 hours
Fully unlocked MoTeC

As I watch the racing season unfold I checked my calendar and realized there’s probably one event I can feasibly run this year – maybe 2. With that in mind I thought I should put my first ever racecar up for sale. This car is near and dear to me and we have been through a lot in the 4 short years I’ve owned her.

If it sells – I want everything to go with it to the new owner so you can have as much success (hopefully more) than I have had. This car includes more than enough spares for you to buy this and go racing ASAP. I understand there are quite a few cars for sale right now. As the racing season begins if you’re serious about getting in – you won’t find another package like this.

The car as it sits is ready to race in PCA GTC-5. The car includes logbooks for PCA, NASA, SCCA, and GT3 Cup Trophy.

Race History:

I bought the car in 2013 and campaigned it in PCA and Pirelli GT3 Cup Trophy with BR Racing based in Los Gatos.

The car and I finished in a very hotly contested 2nd in the Pirelli Cup Championship 2015.

The car has won many races and would have won more if the nut behind the wheel were a little bit better.

In 2015 and 2016 I campaigned it mostly in Pirelli Cup with Cameron Racing based in Sonoma. I didn’t have time for a full season in 2016, technically we still finished 3rd that year.

This car is no stranger to podiums. I have lost count of the Pirelli hats and PCA podium stickers I've given to friends.

The car is currently at Cameron Racing’s shop on the Sonoma Raceway grounds in Sonoma, CA. The car is now in San Francisco, CA in a warehouse in an industrial location.

Details:

This car was retubbed following an incident in 2014. There are time lapse videos of this work done at the bottom of the post. It’s worth noting there are no more new 997 Tubs available from Porsche Motorsports. If you’re buying another 997 the chassis is probably more tired than you realize.
This car has been very competitively raced which means it has been in some minor incidents. It has always been professionally maintained and put back together. We’ve never DNF’d a race.

We had the Porsche motor rebuilt in between 14/15 where just about everything inside was timed out. The invoice for this was in the $45k range. For your reference we had more than 80 hours on the motor at the time and compression and leak down numbers were fine. We just anticipated a lot of racing and didn’t want to have to do a rebuild mid season. On that motor, and on this motor, the car has never been over rev’d.

As it sits right now the car is wrapped matte black with custom livery over it (you can see in the photos.) The photo of the car from Road America in white is from the original livery, just a favorite photo of mine.

The front bumper was spray painted black after a session just to get us back on track as quickly as possible. It looks fine when you’re on track, but when you’re close to it you can easily tell. With all of the included spares you can easily rewrap the car and the spares to suit your taste.

The car has a few very important upgrades worth noting. Those are, a seat from a 991 Cup (Recaro P1300), cool box, helmet blower, and radio.

I will update this post with the details and current photos of the car in the shop when I have some time to make it up there. Unfortunately a start up business is a 24/7 commitment for me; hence the reason for the sale.

I strongly prefer email over forum PM to discuss things further. My email is just my first name @ gmail.com. My first name is Annand.

Thanks for reading.

Spares list:
The idea here for you to understand the car comes with enough spares that only engine failure or a terrible wreck will actually end your weekend
SPARE 10 Hour Bill Rader Transmission sold
4 sets of wheels
transport rings
front bumper
right and left fender x2
stock shocks
passenger door
good, but timed out axles
misc radiators and other parts
many other parts – will update the post as I get updates from the shop

Videos of the re-tub
Attached Images      

Last edited by MirageJHU; 02-27-2018 at 05:37 PM. Reason: SOLD
Old 03-28-2017, 09:09 PM
DINOROCZ
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just wanted to just say a few nice words about the seller... for anyone interested in dealing with a super honest, respectful, genuine good person look no further. For anyone looking to talk Porsche with a real fan through and through look no further. For anyone looking for the right car that was well maintained this is it.

Good luck with the sale Annand!
Old 03-28-2017, 09:12 PM
Maciej
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DINOROCZ
I just wanted to just say a few nice words about the seller... for anyone interested in dealing with a super honest, respectful, genuine good person look no further. For anyone looking to talk Porsche with a real fan through and through look no further. For anyone looking for the right car that was well maintained this is it.

Good luck with the sale Annand!
+1, can't imagine a better seller than Annand.
Old 03-29-2017, 02:01 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,480 Likes on 2,269 Posts

car is fast
seller is legit
now why was it not for sale when i bought cS?
Old 03-29-2017, 12:46 PM
markns2
Advanced

This is a great car. We had some good fun in 2015 in Pirelli Cup! Whoever buys it, will get a solid package. Annand is a great guy and what he says is what you'll get.
Old 03-29-2017, 12:55 PM
mobonic
Drifting

Great car and even better seller. Always a +++ to get a fresh tub.....tempting..
Old 03-29-2017, 02:19 PM
MirageJHU
Racer

Thank you so much for the kind/positive comments! Really appreciate it.

Mooty - the car doesn't have A/C you don't want it

This is a quali video from the last race the car was in - would have been a pole lap if I didn't mess up T11. She's quick.

Old 03-30-2017, 11:56 AM
MirageJHU
Racer

Had a few folks ask about some of the updated parts

I'm willing to sell the seat separately - as I have an OMP HTE-R that is still valid that I can put back in. Also willing to sell the Penskes and put the car back on OE shocks.

Shock dyno and build information is available - upon purchase. A lot of time and $$$ went into that..

Got one of the mechanics to snap a quick photo of the car as it sits in storage right now...

Old 03-30-2017, 11:44 PM
/five
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 10 Posts

Hot car!
Are you a Hopkins alum Annand? I was there 93-97.
GLWS
Old 03-31-2017, 02:18 PM
MirageJHU
Racer

Originally Posted by /five
Hot car!
GLWS
Thanks!

I am haha, 02-06 for me
Old 03-31-2017, 04:05 PM
soupy
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by MirageJHU
Thanks!

I am haha, 02-06 for me
wow small world, I'm somewhere in your yearbook
Old 04-01-2017, 07:08 AM
forhamilton
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I don't have any knowledge of this car, but I can say a big thumbs up to BR Racing. Those guys are highly competent, honest and fast as hell. GLWS.
Old 04-30-2017, 06:29 PM
911Königin
Rennlist Member

Received 521 Likes on 298 Posts

OMG!!
Old 05-01-2017, 11:17 AM
dsu*
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Can't believe this hasn't sold especially with all the parts that comes along with it. Perfect car to jump in and start racing.

Annand is a great driver, super stand up guy and a straight shooter. Buy with confidence!
Old 05-01-2017, 01:05 PM
Derek978
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by /five
Hot car!
GLWS
Not to derail his thread, but I had the same question from the username. I am a fellow 93-97 grad (was back for the 20th reunion last weekend in fact).

Quick Reply: 997.2 Cup Car with full race spare package for sale