Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Sold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

1999 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 Coupe, 6MT, Ocean Blue, 57k miles

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2017, 05:11 AM
VivG
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Year: 1999
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 996
Mileage (numbers only please): 58400
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof, Traction Control
Color: Ocean Blue Met.
VIN: WP0AA2995XS624325
Price (no $ sign please): $19996
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorCal
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 4 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

Originally Posted by steve2017
Still available? I tried CL ad but its been deleted? I'm in North Bay so not hard to see car.
Thanks
Still available! Email me.

Last edited by VivG; 03-28-2017 at 01:35 AM.
Old 03-29-2017, 11:11 PM
dereliche
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was the RMS that was done the upgraded design?
How does the clutch feel? Syncros clunk at all?
What do you mean by 'minor imperfections' in paint?
I'm at quite a distance, but I don't hate the idea of a flight and drive situation. BUT, if I made this work I'd have a 1,700 mile drive back. How confident are you that I'd be issue free? I might not be able to get an immediate flight either
Old 03-29-2017, 11:25 PM
dereliche
AutoX

Also, I clicked on the VIN link to look at the specs. It says that the drivetrain is RWD. Is that more of a generic list? Or is this just branded as a Carrera 4?
Old 03-30-2017, 02:02 AM
msark
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

A clear photo of the options sticker on the underside of the hood or also typically located in the owners manual will sort out the 2 vs 4 and show all of the other goodies Porsche packed in ...

Pretty car ....
Old 03-30-2017, 02:26 AM
VivG
Racer

You can't pull build sheets online for cars built before 2001, my assumption is that PCNA did not digitize their records before then.

This is definitely a Carrera 4. Evidence includes badging, silver painted brake calipers, higher floor of the frunk due to different location of the spare tire, and driving dynamics. Believe me, I've driven enough 911s to be able to tell the difference I'll get a photo of the options sticker up at some point in the near future.
Old 03-30-2017, 02:49 AM
dereliche
AutoX

Is there a better way to get in contact with you or do I have to have a paid account for that? I have questions from my original post as well as others!

Thanks!
Old 03-30-2017, 06:24 PM
champignon
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I spoke at some length with Vivek about his car earlier this week. He has what looks to be a very cool car and he is an extremely knowledgeable and enthusiastic car person. If the distance hadn't presented very serious issues I think we would have done a transaction. Have a look at this car, I think you will find some cool things to like and you can know it has been well taken care of.
Old 03-30-2017, 06:25 PM
champignon
Pro

Originally Posted by dereliche
Is there a better way to get in contact with you or do I have to have a paid account for that? I have questions from my original post as well as others!

Thanks!
Hint: Become a paid member and be taken more seriously :-)
Old 03-30-2017, 06:33 PM
dereliche
AutoX

Hopefully a 1700 mile drive would be taken seriously too, but I didn't want to become a paid member before I was a Porsche owner! We've been private messaging as well now. Distance could certainly present issues as well, but my wife said she wasn't averse to an adventure so we'll have to see what happens! It does make me feel better knowing other members are impressed with the listing too
Old 03-30-2017, 06:43 PM
champignon
Pro

Hopefully a 1700 mile drive would be taken seriously too, but I didn't want to become a paid member before I was a Porsche owner! We've been private messaging as well now. Distance could certainly present issues as well, but my wife said she wasn't averse to an adventure so we'll have to see what happens! It does make me feel better knowing other members are impressed with the listing too
If wife goes along with this, she's a keeper. If not, I usually advise people to dump the wife and keep the car . . .
:-)
Old 03-31-2017, 06:35 PM
VivG
Racer

Thanks for the great conversation Champignon, and for the free bump

Also, I just put a deposit down on my next 996 (a Cab, this time), so let's get this one sold! Price dropped.
Old 04-01-2017, 11:30 AM
ibdavid
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Me, me, me. will contact you this weekend.
Old 04-02-2017, 01:54 AM
champignon
Pro

Snooze you lose. Looks like I will be buying this, barring some sort of change in plans.
Old 04-02-2017, 09:30 AM
dereliche
AutoX

I don't know if I lose anything. The search will continue. You highlighted my biggest concern about purchasing a car cross-country, and that was possibly having a car bought out from under me. That is why I will not rush this search.

Honestly, this was still my top car but I had already expressed those concerns to Viv, and he was very understanding. That doesn't change the fact that he has a car that he needs to sell and probably doesn't care if I don't know where to get a PPI from in SF or how the buying process would work (coordinating schedules, unknown city) if I could catch a quick flight down there.

I hope you are able to buy it from him and drive it home; that sounded like a fun idea to me. But I definitely didn't snooze. I was trying to align my work schedule, with a long flight + drive home on a short notice schedule and if it didn't come together then so be it.

I certainly hope, that when I do find the right car, that I don't try to rub anyone else's nose in the fact that they didn't get it.
Old 04-02-2017, 11:30 AM
champignon
Pro

I don't know if I lose anything. The search will continue. You highlighted my biggest concern about purchasing a car cross-country, and that was possibly having a car bought out from under me. That is why I will not rush this search.

Honestly, this was still my top car but I had already expressed those concerns to Viv, and he was very understanding. That doesn't change the fact that he has a car that he needs to sell and probably doesn't care if I don't know where to get a PPI from in SF or how the buying process would work (coordinating schedules, unknown city) if I could catch a quick flight down there.

I hope you are able to buy it from him and drive it home; that sounded like a fun idea to me. But I definitely didn't snooze. I was trying to align my work schedule, with a long flight + drive home on a short notice schedule and if it didn't come together then so be it.

I certainly hope, that when I do find the right car, that I don't try to rub anyone else's nose in the fact that they didn't get it.
I hope you didn't interpret my post as rubbing your nose in it :-) From what I heard from Vivek, he had several people looking at the car, over a prolonged period of time, with no one else ready to pull the trigger. The "snooze you lose" comment was a joke.

There are a lot of used cars out there, and there is no rush to buy any of them, as new ones appear as soon as the old ones are sold. Unless you are looking for something exceedingly rare, or a couple of thousand dollars is the end of the world to you, my suggestion would be to look regionally rather than nationally.

Where I live (Idaho), the likelihood that a really desirable vintage Porsche or BMW is going to drop into your lap is essentially zero. As a result, I need to extend my range to relatively nearby large cities, such as SLC, Seattle, Portland, and all of the big cities in California. But if a car showed up in Florida, I would probably not pursue it, because of the distance, time required, and expense of completing the transaction. I have bought cars from great distances in the past, but I don't think I will do so in the future, unless what I am seeking is exceedingly rare.

Good luck in your search.

Quick Reply: 1999 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 Coupe, 6MT, Ocean Blue, 57k miles