Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

1996 993 Turbo for sale

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2017, 09:09 PM
bbs993tt
Rennlist Member

Received 338 Likes on 178 Posts

Year: 1996
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 993 Turbo
Mileage (numbers only please): 38230
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof
Color: Black/Black
VIN: WP0AC2990TS375596
Price (no $ sign please): $147500
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Texas
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 4 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

Originally Posted by bronson7
Lovely TT. GLWS
Thanks Bronson! btw, I always appreciate your posts on the gt3 forum.
Old 03-16-2017, 09:13 PM
bbs993tt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
Always lusted over a black 993tt, Glws!
It could be yours! You could make up for the past sin of getting rid of the midnight/marble one you used to have.

Originally Posted by rsabeebe
believe me, for a brief moment i considered it. i just sold my '87 carrera and stepped back 20 years into a '67 GTO, so i'm done for the moment. a tt would be nice, but i get all the curb appeal from my C4S and that will have to be sufficient for now.

another member who knows Brian well enough to say this will be a straight-forward transaction and no worries for the potential buyers. quality guy and he (obviously) owns quality cars!!

once again, glws Brain.
Thanks for the kind words Rich!
Old 03-16-2017, 09:20 PM
bbs993tt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by carguy19
I also took almost 3 years to find my white 1997 TT. I really lusted after a black, red, or any other interior, but I settled for a car with Tan sport seats because of the condition (26K miles) all original paint.

Plus my car is grand prix white. GP White was Paint to Sample in 1997 (Glacier was standard). I really like the Glacier white, and if I had the choice I would definitely have chosen the glacier, but I am happy with my car, the condition, the original paint, the fact that it had the same owners (A guy leased it new, bought it after the lease, kept it for 10 years then sold it to his brother) both guys are in their late 70's now, so I know the car wasn't every abused. and fact that its paint to sample with the factory sport seats. All this made the car irresistible to me.

Now if I found a Glacierwith red car, or Glacier with gray, or black, in similar condition with low miles like I have, I would consider jumping on it.

I'd also take a riviera blue over my white car, but you guys know the chances of finding that.

Well in any event, good luck with your sale, and its great to be one of the "white car owners" they are very rare. You should hang on to that white car for a long time. Don't let anyone convince you to sell it, (well unless the number starts with a $2 or $3
I also forgot to say, a 38K mile high option car is worth much more then $147500 right now so this car is a really good deal right now. Someone should jump on it.

Best of luck with your sale. (I think you underpriced the car actually though).

----CA--
Thanks Carguy and congrats on hanging in there in the search for your white one. Believe it or not, there was a local GP/red for sale that I looked at - beautiful but I really prefer glacier so I passed. I got so "desperate" in my search for a glacier/black that I nearly bought a glacier/tan and changed the interior. I'm glad I waited because I found this one less than a year later.

I appreciate your input on the asking price for the black one. I agree but wanted to price it attractively.
Old 03-16-2017, 09:32 PM
bbs993tt
Rennlist Member

I've had many requests for additional pics, so here you go. Again, please forgive the bad photography.
Attached Images              
Old 03-16-2017, 11:34 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

That's a very attractive price indeed, and it would fix my guilt.....hmmm
Old 03-17-2017, 08:50 AM
FC356
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts

GLWS Your car is a very nice one indeed. I miss my Black/Black 97 I sold 2 years ago after 11 years of ownership. It resides just 2 blocks away...I sold to a client who really wanted it and waited patiently while I was in the throes of trying to make up my mind. It was and is a near perfect original example with just a few rock chips on hood.

Frank
65 356SC S/R
72 911S 3.2 RS Wish I had the original motor
84 930 Factory Slant
09 C4S
Old 03-17-2017, 10:33 PM
BufordTJ
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had the honor to ride with Brian in his Black Turbo and the car is in excellent condition inside and out. Just has others have said, Brian is a straight forward, honest guy, who's a true enthusiast of Porsche and the 993. The buyer will not be disappointed in the car and the transaction.
Wish I was in the position to buy this beauty. GLWS
Old 03-17-2017, 10:47 PM
bbs993tt
Rennlist Member

Dr. Surgeon, I can't even imagine the guilt you have to live with every day knowing that you let go of a perfectly good 993tt.........for a Cayenne. But like you said, this one would fix that problem forever.

Originally Posted by FC356
GLWS Your car is a very nice one indeed. I miss my Black/Black 97 I sold 2 years ago after 11 years of ownership. It resides just 2 blocks away...I sold to a client who really wanted it and waited patiently while I was in the throes of trying to make up my mind. It was and is a near perfect original example with just a few rock chips on hood.

Frank
65 356SC S/R
72 911S 3.2 RS Wish I had the original motor
84 930 Factory Slant
09 C4S
Thanks Frank. Since it's only 2 blocks away do you get visitation rights?

Originally Posted by BufordTJ
I've had the honor to ride with Brian in his Black Turbo and the car is in excellent condition inside and out. Just has others have said, Brian is a straight forward, honest guy, who's a true enthusiast of Porsche and the 993. The buyer will not be disappointed in the car and the transaction.
Wish I was in the position to buy this beauty. GLWS
Thanks Travis. Good memories together in this car doing what Dr. Porsche intended for it to do!
Old 03-17-2017, 11:25 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Best part, it wasn't even a cayenne s...
Seriously, Glws, stellar seller and car. Most of the ones asking 140s ain't worth it, this one is the real deal.
Old 03-18-2017, 10:06 AM
o7silverturbo
Burning Brakes

Received 71 Likes on 56 Posts

'96 993tt midnite/marble traded on a cayenne.....yeah

Im sorry for your loss
Old 03-20-2017, 12:42 PM
carguy19
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bbs993tt
Thanks Carguy and congrats on hanging in there in the search for your white one. Believe it or not, there was a local GP/red for sale that I looked at - beautiful but I really prefer glacier so I passed. I got so "desperate" in my search for a glacier/black that I nearly bought a glacier/tan and changed the interior. I'm glad I waited because I found this one less than a year later.

I appreciate your input on the asking price for the black one. I agree but wanted to price it attractively.
How long ago was the white with red available? Do you know if it's still on the market? I may be interested in looking into it.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:32 PM
bbs993tt
Rennlist Member

Best part, it wasn't even a cayenne s...
Seriously, Glws, stellar seller and car. Most of the ones asking 140s ain't worth it, this one is the real deal.
Double ouch...

How long ago was the white with red available? Do you know if it's still on the market? I may be interested in looking into it.
It had to be at least 3-4 years ago and it's long gone. Shortly after I saw it, I remember seeing an identical car for sale somewhere on the east coast. It was a very rare car also and I think a dealer got hold of it.
Old 03-25-2017, 06:15 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,954 Likes on 555 Posts

GLWS to an awesome dude
Old 03-27-2017, 10:43 PM
bbs993tt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban