Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

WTB Boxster/Cayman GTS or 997 GTS

Old 03-27-2017, 06:34 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default WTB Boxster/Cayman GTS or 997 GTS

Year: 2015
Make: Porsche
Model: Boxster
Mileage (numbers only please): 35000
Color: blkwht
Price (no $ sign please): $60000
Private or Dealer Listing: Dealer Listing
Location (Region): SouthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

In the market for a Boxster or Cayman GTS. Doesn't matter what year..had to put something on the post. My budget is $55-60k. Cannot go a penny over $60K. Would consider a 997 Carrera GTS as well.

Must haves:
Black, White or unique PTS.
MANUAL
Adaptives Seats, Alcantara or vented

Desirables but not deal-killers
Alcantara interior
Jet Black Metallic/Basalt Black

I know it's a tight budget, but I'll be patient for the right deal. What I have is what I have.

The apex of performance, comfort & safety since 2011.
All new racewear available now→ traqgear.com

Last edited by TraqGear; 03-28-2017 at 12:10 PM.
Old 03-27-2017, 09:04 PM
midwestamv8
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck. I hope you get what you are looking for, but I doubt you will get a '16 GTS for that price. A 15 with some miles.... perhaps.... The 15's are going for about $65-$70k on ebay, and the '16's for mid-high 70's if you can find one (especially with a manual). I actually just paid about 10% under original MSRP for a '16 with 8k miles on it from a Porsche dealer (MSRP was $91k). These being the last of the flat 6 caymans/boxsters and the top trim outside of the limited Spyder means they will not depreciate quickly off the bat, especially the manuals.

The manual is what will kill this for you, especially if you want a cayman. Outside of ebay, only three of the fifteen Cayman GTS's on Porsche's pre-owned locator are Manual, and all are 2015's and the cheapest one is $74k. Three of the eight Boxster GTS's are manuals, with two of them (2015's) being less than $70k (one is $65.5 and one is $68.9k). The 2016 is nearly 90k. I have not looked to see if they have your options like sport seats. The two 2015 boxsters seem like your best bet. Not sure if you'll hit your price at any dealership, but with a nationwide search, you may find it from a private sale. Although, I suspect you'll need to hunt this deal down yourself and make some offers and be patient. I don't think anyone is going to be actively seeking to sell their car for >$5k under market.

Not to discourage you. I LOVE the Boxster GTS I just got. Downshifting is SO fun with the pops and gurgles. The car is quick and agile and really fun to drive. But you know these are kind of special cars, as did I when I began looking. They will come down to where you want eventually, but perhaps slower than other years due to being the last of the NA flat six and the top trim (and the rare manual). You MIGHT get what you're after, but you'll need to go hunt this down. I doubt people will be offering to sell *you* their sought-after 981 for less than market.

Again, good luck.
Old 03-27-2017, 09:21 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by midwestamv8
Good luck. I hope you get what you are looking for, but I doubt you will get a '16 GTS for that price. A 15 with some miles.... perhaps.... The 15's are going for about $65-$70k on ebay, and the '16's for mid-high 70's if you can find one (especially with a manual). I actually just paid about 10% under original MSRP for a '16 with 8k miles on it from a Porsche dealer (MSRP was $91k). These being the last of the flat 6 caymans/boxsters and the top trim outside of the limited Spyder means they will not depreciate quickly off the bat, especially the manuals.

The manual is what will kill this for you, especially if you want a cayman. Outside of ebay, only three of the fifteen Cayman GTS's on Porsche's pre-owned locator are Manual, and all are 2015's and the cheapest one is $74k. Three of the eight Boxster GTS's are manuals, with two of them (2015's) being less than $70k (one is $65.5 and one is $68.9k). The 2016 is nearly 90k. I have not looked to see if they have your options like sport seats. The two 2015 boxsters seem like your best bet. Not sure if you'll hit your price at any dealership, but with a nationwide search, you may find it from a private sale. Although, I suspect you'll need to hunt this deal down yourself and make some offers and be patient. I don't think anyone is going to be actively seeking to sell their car for >$5k under market.

Not to discourage you. I LOVE the Boxster GTS I just got. Downshifting is SO fun with the pops and gurgles. The car is quick and agile and really fun to drive. But you know these are kind of special cars, as did I when I began looking. They will come down to where you want eventually, but perhaps slower than other years due to being the last of the NA flat six and the top trim (and the rare manual). You MIGHT get what you're after, but you'll need to go hunt this down. I doubt people will be offering to sell *you* their sought-after 981 for less than market.

Again, good luck.
Doesn't matter what year. I just put 16 because you have to list a year when posting. Thanks for the market insight.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: WTB Boxster/Cayman GTS or 997 GTS