Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

1998 993 Carrera C2S - Fresh Engine and Motorsports Close Ratio Gearbox

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2017, 10:52 PM
earossi
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Year: 1998
Make: Porsche
Model: 0
Mileage (numbers only please): 112000
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof, Traction Control
Color: Arena Red
VIN: WP0AA2992WS320190
Price (no $ sign please): $69000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Midwestern
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM Stereo

Well, my son was able to post the video of the car idling. Unfortunately, in listening to it, I realized the car is on high idle since I started a cold engine in 5 degree weather! In the video, the engine is idling at about 800 rpm. Normal idle is closer to 650 rpm. Let me know, and I'll get the engine warm next time so that you can hear the lope I had mentioned.

I've also had questions about the front trunk. So, I've attached some photos I took today of the trunk and the usual areas one sees corrosion on a 911. The photos should speak for themselves. Please advise if you would like to see more pictures of a particular area in the trunk or anywhere else on the car.

I was asked about underside corrosion. During the engine rebuild, I took the opportunity to remove as much of the cosmolene as was reasonable. There is no corrosion on the bottom of the car. A very few of the fasteners show some rust, but not very many. There is no indication of the car having been driven in salt. Let me know if you want to see photos of any other particular area.

I was also asked about corrosion in the area around both the front and rear windshields. I believe that the windshield has been replaced at least once by a prior owner; however, there is no sign around any of the glass gasketing of any paint bubbling.

The spare tire appears to have never been run. The jack and full tool kit are in the car. The air compressor is not OEM, but appears to be adequate for inflating the spare.

There are no cracks in the dash.
Attached Images           

Last edited by earossi; 01-10-2017 at 06:15 AM.
Old 01-10-2017, 09:04 PM
earossi
Burning Brakes

I continue to field questions on the cosmetic condition of the car. I've had several folks ask about the condition of the interior. I would rate the interior at an 8/9. Front seats are perfect. No cracking of the dash. Rear seats are perfect. The headliner is taught and has no tears or rips. Rear window shelf is perfect. Door panels are very nice.

If I had to comment on anything that is not perfect, it would be the carpeting; in particular, the carpeting around the driver. I run floor mats on the interior; however, there are signs of wear on the carpeting below the mats. No tears, but not new looking. Carpeting on the passenger side and in the rear is almost perfect. Lastly, though the steering wheel has no tears in the leather and stitching is very good, it could stand to be re-dyed to its original black.
Old 01-10-2017, 10:07 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks like a beauty
Old 01-11-2017, 03:38 PM
Retinasurgeon
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by earossi
Thanks P-daddy for the kind words. I'm in no hurry to sell my car; but, if I do I'll be on the hunt for a 996 or 997 Turbo. In the meantime, I'll continue with my love of the 993.
A 997 turbo is really the only adequate modern replacement for your 993.

GLWTS! If I could have gotten wife approval would have loved to put an offer in on this car.
Old 01-13-2017, 11:52 PM
PasPar2
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

very nice! love the split grill....
Old 01-14-2017, 05:36 PM
earossi
Burning Brakes

Sale Pending
Old 01-15-2017, 01:37 AM
E_Swift
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Location is IL, or ID?
Old 01-15-2017, 10:20 AM
earossi
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by E_Swift
Location is IL, or ID?
Chicagoland
Old 01-15-2017, 10:47 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Great Rennlister. Great presentation. Buy with confidence. If any Rennlister needs help with this purchase, just send me a PM. Knowing this car was sorted/serviced/rebuilt by Steve Weiner is reason enough to wire the money to Earossi today and start enjoying your new 993 ASAP.
Old 01-20-2017, 11:55 PM
earossi
Burning Brakes

Car is still for sale. Had a prospective buyer take the car in for a PPI, which came out clean. A few miscellaneous items (mostly burnt out lights in the trunk and interior as well as some plugged windshield washer nozzles and some rubber window molding that was not fitted properly. Only item found of import was a pulsating brake peddle which I will resolve next week. The prospective buyer is looking at another car before he makes a decision; so, until then, the car is still available for sale.
Old 01-22-2017, 11:34 AM
cptlane
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beautiful

Quick Reply: 1998 993 Carrera C2S - Fresh Engine and Motorsports Close Ratio Gearbox