Notices

PSA: 2003 Boxster For sale...

Old 03-09-2017, 02:34 PM
Gregster
Rennlist Member

Received 203 Likes on 128 Posts
Default PSA: 2003 Boxster For sale...

I had this car in yesterday for a PDI and figure I will save the community the time and effort.
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/o...ationFlag=true

Zero service history. As in NOTHING 63000 Miles showing on the ODO

This car is a VGA that hasn't been repaired properly. There was a hit on the rear left of the car and the damage is very visible thanks to a kinked frame rail and oh about 5 cans of gravel guard covering up some very spotty welds on the bracket that holds the rear control arm link (Bolts up to the bracket that is spot welded from the factory) and the rear shock tower.

All 4 tires are mismatched, have uneven wear (Horrible on the rear left) and the steering wheel is off by about 45 degrees. Front lower control arms are worn out, links were recently replaced with some unknown brand.

Clutch is very very stiff to operate and grabs very high. Rear disc and pads need replacement.

Metal shavings found at bottom of oil filter canister and some flakes in the oil filter. I borescoped the cylinders and there was some scoring evident. Oil leak at the front of the engine and small drips from RMS. The plugs have been changed recently though so that could be a bonus... Not sure when the oil was last changed but there was a cheap filter installed and the oil smelled terrible. The battery didn't hold much charge and I'm shocked it sorta had enough power to start to the car to drive it off the lift.

The front under trays are damaged/missing. Release for gas door isn't working. Lots lots of debris/dirt in the corner of the rads. There was a coolant smell that kept lingering but couldn't find any leaks.

Interior of the car smells musty, back carpet is all wet. Roof drains are clogged. The roof itself is pretty worn out as well. The frunk carpet is missing clips and the plastic trim at the hood release is missing all clips. The drivers side exterior mirror control trim was dangling down.

The guy selling the car didn't seem to understand much about anything and was leaning against a clients NEW TTRS that I had on the left. I asked him to get off and by his face took offence to it...

I would steer clear of this car. It's cheap for a reason.
Old 03-09-2017, 03:46 PM
Matt Lane
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 101 Posts

But how do you feel about it really?

LOL

Old 03-09-2017, 05:35 PM
Boxster dude
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey.... but wait it has a 1 year warrenty
Old 03-09-2017, 09:58 PM
peritus
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

SO offer $14,500 and hope to hell he takes it?
Old 03-09-2017, 10:04 PM
NewArt
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

I went to see that car last year! You'd think that he might consider dropping the price by about half. Even then...
Old 03-18-2017, 01:17 AM
SpIcEz
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your all welcome for taking this one in to Gregster to do a PPI !!

Man that thing was a POS. And yeah, those sellers are a bunch of morons.

Plastic parts where falling off the car as I was driving it to Gregs shop. I knew right there it was a POS, but I figured since I'm halfway there, might as well see if its worth a buy at all with a low ball offer.

It was not As Greg described, its probably not even worth 9000$ IMO.

Old 03-18-2017, 01:20 AM
SpIcEz
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BTW NewArt, you can thank Greg too for your new car... he came down with the flu the morning I was supposed to go inspect that it in Blainville wiuth him

Looked like a good deal when I checked it out myself. Seems like it was as you picked it up.

Hope to see you on the tracks when I find mine and get rid of my Miata !!!
Old 03-18-2017, 09:41 AM
NewArt
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by SpIcEz

Looked like a good deal when I checked it out myself. Seems like it was as you picked it up.
I'd say it was a fair deal, not great. For me it works because I am able to do almost all of my own repairs. And it needed quite a few! Hopefully I won't regret it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PSA: 2003 Boxster For sale...