Notices

Chapeau's Off to my Canadian Friends

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2016, 11:28 AM
SWK6Cup

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Chapeau's Off to my Canadian Friends

Hey Gang:

Wanted to give a shout out to all and say thankx for an awesome event last week at LCMT. Great to see everyone! I must also say the 7 car "pass-repass" in the very first morning black run group, day 2, was simply phenomenal what an adreniline rush......and, then I heard, at dinner that, the flaggers were clapping when we were done kinda standing "O"... I am going to refer to it as the "Tremblant Derby"
Seriously what more do I need to say......just a super group, great time met some new faces including a rennlister to two........can't wait to head back across the border do it all over again....what a group!........ till then

Au revouir!
Old 05-28-2016, 09:39 PM
Paseb
Race Car

Received 62 Likes on 44 Posts

Glad you enjoyed
Come back anytime to visit us at LCMT
Old 05-28-2016, 11:04 PM
Matt Lane
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 101 Posts

It was great to finally meet you in person! I was a little preoccupied with the new ride this event, but wow, amazing event, weather, and run group.

Hope to meet up again soon.

Cheers

Matt
Old 05-29-2016, 09:19 AM
Boxster dude
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well said Mr. Keller, and thanks to all who played in the derby... Hell of an inititation into the Black run group, couldn't stop smiling all day. Wait till you see the vid... Awesome Dude!
Old 05-29-2016, 10:37 AM
Dwane
Race Car

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Always great to see you!(Rick,Dave and Eric as well!)

Next time up, bring a couple of samples for me and I will do the same for you.

Got me thinking....maybe we can take out a few drivers(2-3 drivers) in the lower run groups to try to initiate(sample) the same type of playing.
Old 05-29-2016, 10:50 AM
SWK6Cup

Dwane:
next time some samples for sure...you should have asked, as I usually have inventory, especially when I'm away from home.....

I think that your idea is a great one, worthy of at least trying to see how it works out?! Your blue run group, a couple of drivers who you know are knocking on the door of the black rungroup?
Old 05-30-2016, 09:12 AM
ELange0322
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 102 Posts

Can't say enough to you all (Matt (and Natalie !), Seb, Stan and Dwayne - and of course Bob and Chris). Special shout out from me for Cyril and Michel and Yves also ! Thank you as always for an amazing event. It's always more than just the cars and the group of us from the States absolutely love the Rennsport events and running with you all. Just great people and friends. Since last year I have had the Rennsport region listed as my home region because of the people and the skill level of the drivers, who I'd match against any region I've run with. You have made this whole DE experience wonderful for me (as has the very special group of boys from the States (Rick, Jonathan, Dave and Scott). I am very fortunate indeed....
Old 05-30-2016, 09:40 PM
DRPM
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Weather was great too!
Old 06-03-2016, 08:53 AM
Boxster dude
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Country911
Hey Gang:

Wanted to give a shout out to all and say thankx for an awesome event last week at LCMT. Great to see everyone! I must also say the 7 car "pass-repass" in the very first morning black run group, day 2, was simply phenomenal what an adreniline rush......and, then I heard, at dinner that, the flaggers were clapping when we were done kinda standing "O"... I am going to refer to it as the "Tremblant Derby"
Seriously what more do I need to say......just a super group, great time met some new faces including a rennlister to two........can't wait to head back across the border do it all over again....what a group!........ till then

Au revouir!
Here you go sir The play was soo much fun, Anastaisia even slowed down to join and Big Bird jumped right in.

Old 06-03-2016, 03:24 PM
SWK6Cup

Matt
Great to meet u, 2! Can't wait until September.........
Old 06-04-2016, 08:20 AM
ELange0322
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Boxster dude
Here you go sir The play was soo much fun, Anastaisia even slowed down to join and Big Bird jumped right in.

RSR welcome to the black run group - YouTube
Anastasia likes playing with the boys...
Old 06-04-2016, 09:40 AM
911newb
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anastasia gets what Anastasia wants. Even when you think you are manly and in charge, she is the one calling the shots. That's the reality of having a super hot, Russian mistress. Am I understanding this correctly Erik?
Old 06-05-2016, 02:07 PM
ELange0322
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 911newb
Anastasia gets what Anastasia wants. Even when you think you are manly and in charge, she is the one calling the shots. That's the reality of having a super hot, Russian mistress. Am I understanding this correctly Erik?
Not exactly - she definitely has a voice, but needs to be told what to do in no uncertain terms. Push her limits a bit and let her participate in some of the decision making, and she will choose to try killing you...and enjoy it. It's what I am continually learning here - you cannot let the car be making the decisions for you at all. You need to be actively telling the car what you want it to do.
Old 06-06-2016, 08:49 AM
911newb
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Eric. That's the explanation I was looking for. Tough to keep everything straight from that first DE. All the people, the cars, the 15 corners. So much information, such a bad brain! ;-)
Old 06-06-2016, 05:41 PM
ELange0322
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 911newb
Thanks Eric. That's the explanation I was looking for. Tough to keep everything straight from that first DE. All the people, the cars, the 15 corners. So much information, such a bad brain! ;-)
Ever step has its challenges. Right now you need to learn to be smooth and balanced (keep the platform smooth and balanced). Don't worry about the speed...that will come. Much of this is learning the track and using expanded vision. It's amazing how much further ahead you could be looking (that goes for everyone, and everyone says they do, and they don't enough).

The biggest thing that I notice as a difference from someone that is a really good driver is how much they tell the car what to do. I've got my new car and have learned a lot to become much faster and smoother, but found I started missing marks. I'd turn in and ask the car if that was enough, and then turn somemore and ask again, and then have to turn even more. The really really good drivers are very committed to the turn in. It's not abrupt, but it's right to where they want to go and they get the car there. They are telling the car what to do in no uncertain terms - not asking. Leave the car to be making the decisions for you and some not so very good things will happen (hence my analogy ).

There is a lot here that you will come to in your progression, and enjoy that - it's not a destination. Glad that you have the bug and looking forward to seeing your development.

Quick Reply: Chapeau's Off to my Canadian Friends