Notices

SAVING $$$ WITH RSR

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2016, 11:50 PM
Joe Lapin
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default SAVING $$$ WITH RSR

Today, while attending a local Hot Rod Show, I had an insight I thought was worth sharing.

We RSR folk are preoccupied with our precious Porsches, endlessly seeking to modify them in the quest for greater speed, comfort, originality, etc. Reading Panorama, we see many variations on the theme.

I visited a very exotic Corvette shop last week, and I was astounded at the mods these guys install in their drag race cars. The costs are astronomical! No wonder they call nitrous oxide 'laughing gas'!

At the Hot Rod Show, I saw a display of custom cars that represent yet another form of extreme automotive pa$$ion.

I often ponder the sense of entitlement that our expensive passions represent. These are not purchases necessary to life, nor of social benefit. Frankly, the torment of guilt is a part of my automotive addiction, yet I am unable to curtail it, and ultimately end up spending ever more.

Generally, though the cost of all these parts is ridiculous, we fanatics rationalize, save, scrimp, and somehow get the engine parts, suspension, tires, brakes, etc. without ending up in Debtor's Prison, or a psychiatric ward!

As I spoke with members of each automotive passion, and inquired about the cost of various mods, I came to a very happy realization. My automotive activity is much less expensive than building a chromed, turbo charged, nitrous oxide charged monster engine, hell bent on self destruction!
Creating a magnificent 'Lead Sled" '49 Merc, is yet another endle$$ quest for aesthetic perfection!

In fact, my Porsche involvement is much less extravagant than many other formats, and I am actually saving money with Porsche RSR activity.
Really, it is a cost saving measure!

As we've heard before,

"The only known cure for our automotive obsession is DIRE POVERTY!"
Attached Images         
Old 03-14-2016, 12:32 PM
Boxster dude
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My RSR activities keep me out of the Psyc ward. Yous can spend it on a therapist or on DEs one is a hell of a lot more fun.
Cheetahs can be even more expensive
Old 03-14-2016, 01:26 PM
wildcat077
Drifting

Received 186 Likes on 160 Posts

Should see how much the Calabogie Cougars cost ...

Quick Reply: SAVING $$$ WITH RSR